Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Philip Schofield quits This Morning

Phillip Schofield has quit This Morning, ITV has confirmed.

The presenter stepped back from  from ITV's flagship morning show, having presented his last episode on Thursday, ITV said.

He said he was stepping back from the programme because he "has become the story" and "I want to do what I can to protect the show I love".

It comes as Schofield admitted  “things haven't been easy” amid rumours of a recent rift with his This Morning co-host Holly Willoughby.

The pair’s relationship is reported to have come under strain since Schofield’s younger brother, Timothy, was convicted of several sex offences involving a child last month.

Schofield, 61, disowned his brother following the verdict, but there is speculation that his friendship with his co-presenter – with whom he also presents ITV’s Dancing on Ice – has recently deteriorated.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/20/phillip-schofield-quits-this-morning-itv-holly-willoughby/

Comments

• Not a fan of him myself but doesn't seem fair to quit your role because of something your brother has done? 

Maybe there's more to it. Or maybe he fancies a timely spell away from the media spotlight.
  • He will have to join the queue at the dole office. 
  • edited May 2023
     Philip Schofield jumped up little squirt!! same as Nicky Campbell and  Cliff Richard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Straight to the comments.
  • edited May 2023
    mendonca said:
    Not a fan of him myself but doesn't seem fair to quit your role because of something your brother has done? 

Maybe there's more to it. Or maybe he fancies a timely spell away from the media spotlight.
    If you Google it there's more than a few rumours.

And his reaction to his brother admitting what he'd done didn't sound good.
  • mendonca said:
    Not a fan of him myself but doesn't seem fair to quit your role because of something your brother has done? 

Don’t know if this is meant to be a “whoosh” but surely you know there is?
  • I reckon he knows more about his filthy nonce  of of a brother then what he is letting on that's why IMO so many are distance themselves from him probably one himself 
  • Grown man sitting in a broom cupboard playing with puppets? nuff said!
  • wrongun! the media know but are paid off not to divulge, just like Keegan and Dave Jones. Saville and Rolf in the past too!
    media manipulation just like when a thread gests deleted here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Grown man sitting in a broom cupboard playing with puppets? nuff said!
    Agree. What’s Sandgaard playing at when he should be focusing on selling the club?!?

Sorry, wrong thread. 
  • wrongun! the media know but are paid off not to divulge, just like Keegan and Dave Jones. Saville and Rolf in the past too!
    media manipulation just like when a thread gests deleted here!
    You've lost me there.
  • edited May 2023
  • Wellred said:
    I reckon he knows more about his filthy nonce  of of a brother then what he is letting on that's why IMO so many are distance themselves from him probably one himself 
    You seem to know a lot about it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!