Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Andy Smart

One of my favourite improv comedians and a football lover, Andy Smart, died suddenly yesterday, aged 63. He was a big fan of Fanborough FC. I met him a few times and chatted with him over a beer three or four weeks ago. He was part of the brilliant Comedy Store Players and always lived life to the full. RIP, Andy.

Comments

• No way, That is really Sad. I have been up to the Comedy Store quite a lot and he was always up with here with Paul Merton. and the others and saw "Whose line is it anyway?"  Great laughs 
  • Very sad news. I've been up to the Comedy Store to watch the Players twice and he was so naturally funny, seemed such a nice bloke too who would talk to anyone. RIP.
  • Came across as such a fantastic person when on Talk Sport. His autobiography is such a good read
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Came across as such a fantastic person when on Talk Sport. His autobiography is such a good read
    Yep, I agree. It’s a good book.
  • That has really shocked me. I chatted to him many times when he was a regular host at the celebrity pub quiz at the East Dulwich Tavern, even saw him in Phuket and have had the odd bit of banter on Twitter with him. 

RIP Andy
  • equally shocked and saddened. Andy was a regular on Talksport’s H&J show over the years and I always enjoyed when he was on. 

Their shows podcast yesterday was basically a tribute to him and worth downloading, it’s only 27 mins 
  • No age RIP.