Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

R.I.P Doyle Brunson

Just saw Daniel Negreanu tweet that unfortunately Doyle has passed away

Doyle was a legendary poker player and the first to win 1 Million dollars in tournaments, Doyle was inducted into the poker hall of fame in 1988

R.I.P Doyle

Comments

• RIP 
  • RIP 10 2
  • edited May 2023
    RIP. Absolute legend to the game. I reckon his book Supersystem was probably read by hundreds of thousands poker players.

Don’t watch much Pokergo, but I believe he was still playing high stakes cash games in 2022 and playing and looking great for his age.
  • Sad news, read a couple of his books when I was learning to play poker, used to enjoy watching him on the TV as well 

RIP big man
  • RIP

Would often see him on the late night poker programmes on Channel 4 back in the day
    One of the actual 'names' that the casual poker player might recognise
  • Sad news, read a couple of his books when I was learning to play poker, used to enjoy watching him on the TV as well 

RIP big man
    Was his super system helpful ?

RIP Doyle
  • RIP - Legendary Player.

RIP big man
    Was his super system helpful ?

RIP Doyle
    It was to a degree but I soon shifted away from books to online training once it took off 
  • RIP Texas Dolly, along with Devil Fish, Tony G, Scotty Ngyuen and Phil Hellmuth one of the true characters of the game?

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    CH4RLTON said:
    RIP Texas Dolly, along with Devil Fish, Tony G, Scotty Ngyuen and Phil Hellmuth one of the true characters of the game?

You had me worried for a moment there -
    Because you started with Devil Fish, I thought you were listing poker players who have died - so I was shocked to see Tony G and Scotty Nguyen on your list.
    Then I saw Hellmuth’s name and realised it was just poker characters you were listing; because when that bugger dies, the whole world will know because he’ll scream and whinge about it and start calling the grim reaper a fucking idiot who can’t even spell P-O-K-E-R
    😎

(RIP Doyle, by the way ❤️♠️♦️♣️)
  • I thought exactly the same reading the post  - apart from the Hellmuth bit.

And here comes the river card Jesse