Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Due to late accounts apparently. I'm a bit suspicious why changing auditors would have caused such a delay.
  • I'm sure its gonna matter as much to them as it did to Sheffield Utd being under one in January

In a couple of months they will be in the Premier League and out of EFL restrictions 

• I'm sure its gonna matter as much to them as it did to Sheffield Utd being under one in January

In a couple of months they will be in the Premier League and out of EFL restrictions 

Until they get relegated.
  • At a time where it makes no difference 🤷‍♀️
    Yup, should have put them under an embargo in January incase they later did something wrong 🤷‍♂️
  • Can't help think they are remarkably lucky they look like returning to the PL.  Thought they would implode and still think they would have but for the immediate return.
  • Saw a rumour that JJ Watt the recently retired NFL star might be joining their ownership group. 
  • Rather pointless really. 

Even deducting them 6 or 9 points wouldn't make any difference as they are getting promoted in a few weeks time.

Might be idea to suspend it until they are back in the Championship though. 
  • Rather pointless really. 

Even deducting them 6 or 9 points wouldn't make any difference as they are getting promoted in a few weeks time.

It's nothing major, just a late submission of accounts. They seem fairly confident the embargo will be lifted once accounts are submitted shortly.

That said i do agree with your point though. If it was a more serious offence then a team shouldn't escape punishment just because they get promoted. The punishment should definitely be suspended for if/when that team returns to the EFL, whether it's in 1 year or 10 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems like we’ve been under a good transfer embargo for years!
  • edited March 2023
    Rather pointless really. 

It's nothing major, just a late submission of accounts. They seem fairly confident the embargo will be lifted once accounts are submitted shortly.

That said i do agree with your point though. If it was a more serious offence then a team shouldn't escape punishment just because they get promoted. The punishment should definitely be suspended for if/when that team returns to the EFL, whether it's in 1 year or 10 years.
    May not be what you'd consider a serious offense, but if you know not doing something carries such penalties, you don't not do it by accident. There's a reason they didn't meet the deadline, and it isn't forgetfulness.

Edit - just seem changing auditors used as an excuse. Even worse. That doesn't scan 
  • Huddersfield now under a Transfer Embargo as well
  • these embargos always happen AFTER a club has spent a fortune on quality players to strengthen their squads