Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker - Sacked by Bournemouth (Ed. Sacked by Brugge)

Comments

• Was in Bruges a couple of weeks ago, Gleeson and Farrell are right it's a Shithole.
    You joking? I've been twice this year, beautiful city 
    agree - lovely place for a short break (Ghent too)
    Went to both over new year. Great places to visit but expensive though
    Still a lot cheaper than London 
  • edited March 2023
    He spent over 200 million at Fulham & only just managed to get them up through the playoffs but couldn't handle the premiership I think the penny would have dropped for most by  now they all haven't sacked him for nothing
    He could always take up the sack race he would be good at that
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Fantastic news for Charlton's biggest ever Judas. 
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.
  • Was in Bruges a couple of weeks ago, Gleeson and Farrell are right it's a Shithole.
    Sorry, but don't agree. A ham and cheese toastie for lunch 12 euros. Cheapest I course meal was 24 euros and 6 euros for (a very nice) 33cl beer in an average bar.
    Sorry, but don't agree. A ham and cheese toastie for lunch 12 euros. Cheapest I course meal was 24 euros and 6 euros for (a very nice) 33cl beer in an average bar.
     I had a fillet steak in a decent restaurant for 25 euro first night and was paying around 6/7 euros for a 50cl beer (and that was generally like 6/7% too). I picked up a decent sandwich for 4 euro. 

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.
    We were 4th in the Premier League in mid January when he went on strike to get a transfer to Chelsea who then never played him . He was our best player. Champions League qualification was a real possibility. When he left, it killed us and we failed to get into Europe at all.

Never forgiven and never forgotten. 
    This 
  • Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. 
  • Parker Sacked???

Oh dear, What a shame, Never Mind.
  • edited March 2023
    Other than when we hammered Southampton (super Clive) after drawing at Newcastle(Rufus Red)for most Charlton fans/critics we had never seen Cafc so high in the elite of English football; Scott Parker was on fire and we were 4th in the Premier League.

If you remember when the late great Jimmy Seed got Cafc to 2nd in the old 1st division in the 1930's, then well done you and don't forget to take your medication.

Of course we should move on but after Parker threw his toys out the pram,  I realized that was as good as it would get and without the billionaire owner we were destined to be on a downward journey. 

Not sure I thought we would end up struggling to be a mid table 3rd tier club !
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.
    We were 4th in the Premier League in mid January when he went on strike to get a transfer to Chelsea who then never played him . He was our best player. Champions League qualification was a real possibility. When he left, it killed us and we failed to get into Europe at all.

i had a full on row over christmas with a good mate who's a "liverpool fan" who couldn't believe me when i said parker should've played 80 times for england if he didn't fuck his career up with that chelsea move. All he had to do was wait 6 months and he could've had the pick of moving to fergie's man utd or wenger's arsenal to replace keane or viera and we probably would've made europe and might have gone with our blessings. 
    Parker left in a bad way, and behaved badly refusing to play, but I don't think the above is true.

Vieira was at Arsenal another 18 months and they had a succession plan with Gilberto Silva & Fabregas.  Keane stayed almost another 2 years.

And we've no idea if either we're interested.  Spurs had been, and Chelsea were, but I can't remember much around United or Arsenal.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

i had a full on row over christmas with a good mate who's a "liverpool fan" who couldn't believe me when i said parker should've played 80 times for england if he didn't fuck his career up with that chelsea move. All he had to do was wait 6 months and he could've had the pick of moving to fergie's man utd or wenger's arsenal to replace keane or viera and we probably would've made europe and might have gone with our blessings. 
    When  he was at Chelsea and Newcastle he got injured at the most unfortunate times.  Let's not forget he played in a champions league semi final for Chelsea.  But on the whole he seemed to move to the wrong club, at the wrong time, every time he moved.

The reason he didn't get 80 England caps is he was not as good as Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Hargreaves or Carrick.  Let's be fair not many people were.

I fully agree he should have stayed to the end of the season but I don't agree the Chelsea move ruined his career, in anyway.  He was only there 18 months and played about 400 games after he left.
  • Having said all that, if they did the Shithouse Masters, we’d have a decent team:

Mills
    Parker
    Taylor
    Defoe

Need a keeper, but can’t think of any wrong’uns? 
  • Valley11 said:
    Having said all that, if they did the Shithouse Masters, we’d have a decent team:

Mills
    Parker
    Taylor
    Defoe

Murphy?

It's a very fine line and I am sure some will argue for Solly, Pitcher, Phillips, Elliot. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Having said all that, if they did the Shithouse Masters, we’d have a decent team:

Mills
    Parker
    Taylor
    Defoe

nicky weaver arrived with a bit of backstory with the covered end but kind of won us over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

When  he was at Chelsea and Newcastle he got injured at the most unfortunate times.  Let's not forget he played in a champions league semi final for Chelsea.  But on the whole he seemed to move to the wrong club, at the wrong time, every time he moved.

The reason he didn't get 80 England caps is he was not as good as Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Hargreaves or Carrick.  Let's be fair not many people were.

I fully agree he should have stayed to the end of the season but I don't agree the Chelsea move ruined his career, in anyway.  He was only there 18 months and played about 400 games after he left.
    in my opinion he would've been a great foil for these guys. Maybe hargreaves could be argued to have been a better player. But parker in that period before he left was absolutely unbelievable. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

Parker left in a bad way, and behaved badly refusing to play, but I don't think the above is true.

Vieira was at Arsenal another 18 months and they had a succession plan with Gilberto Silva & Fabregas.  Keane stayed almost another 2 years.

And we've no idea if either we're interested.  Spurs had been, and Chelsea were, but I can't remember much around United or Arsenal.

i'm not sure where i heard it or read it, but i seem to remember fergie being less than impressed with how he acted around the chelsea move, that was a mark against his name for any potential future move. Parker was loved at every club he went to after chelsea, lets not forget. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

You’re right about injuries in that I remember my biggest fears in his prime were always around when he’d go down clutching something after sliding to keep a nothing ball in play or overstretching to get a cross in. He was definitely picking up knocks with his all action style. 
    I don’t agree about the Chelsea move though. Parker was at that time a central midfielder who was almost single-handedly dragging a small team into champions league place contention. He was absolutely on fire and he needed to kick on at the end of that season either with Charlton or elsewhere. What he didn’t need was to stall that momentum. He played 11 premier league games for Chelsea that season, 6 from the start, typically on the right of midfield. He played 4 prem games the season after that. Sure there were injuries but he put the brakes on when he was exploding and he never got to capitalise on a period where he was getting better every game. I think he would have gone on to be better than Hargreaves, who lacked the courage of Parker, and he would have offered something different to the other players with his incredible dynamism. Instead he stalled and never became the player he could have. He still did well but he could have been more. Also I hate him. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

You’re right about injuries in that I remember my biggest fears in his prime were always around when he’d go down clutching something after sliding to keep a nothing ball in play or overstretching to get a cross in. He was definitely picking up knocks with his all action style. 
    I don’t agree about the Chelsea move though. Parker was at that time a central midfielder who was almost single-handedly dragging a small team into champions league place contention. He was absolutely on fire and he needed to kick on at the end of that season either with Charlton or elsewhere. What he didn’t need was to stall that momentum. He played 11 premier league games for Chelsea that season, 6 from the start, typically on the right of midfield. He played 4 prem games the season after that. Sure there were injuries but he put the brakes on when he was exploding and he never got to capitalise on a period where he was getting better every game. I think he would have gone on to be better than Hargreaves, who lacked the courage of Parker, and he would have offered something different to the other players with his incredible dynamism. Instead he stalled and never became the player he could have. He still did well but he could have been more. Also I hate him. 
    spot on, thats what i said to my mate. You have no idea from the defensive but brave mid he became that he was a true box to box player. Wasn't it vs newcastle where he basically dragged us from behind with two wonder strikes to draw 2-2?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

spot on, thats what i said to my mate. You have no idea from the defensive but brave mid he became that he was a true box to box player. Wasn't it vs newcastle where he basically dragged us from behind with two wonder strikes to draw 2-2?
    Southampton away. His goal at Elland Road was his best though. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

Only time he scored 2 was this one:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2283203/southampton-3-charlton-2
  • Also: never scored a goal for Spurs.

Probably shows you how much his role had changed by then.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

Only time he scored 2 was this one:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2283203/southampton-3-charlton-2
    thats the one. I remember us being quite poor til he grabbed us by the scruff of the neck. Thought it ended in a draw for some reason.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Erm Lyle Taylor 🤔
    Defoe?
    No Lyle Taylor.

This & apparently he’s a complete tw@t so feck him!