Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bunch of Amateurs

Comments

• Nice to meet @JiMMy 85 tonight at the Dorking v Barnet game and I brought Dorking some luck as they won 2-1 . Still thawing out 
  • Nice to meet @JiMMy 85 tonight at the Dorking v Barnet game and I brought Dorking some luck as they won 2-1 . Still thawing out 
    We paid £9.50 to watch the stream last night from Tenerife...yes, really ! 

Following an early Barnet goal, Dorking battled hard & showing some good moves plus some great defending, thoroughly deserved the 3 pts against the team in 4th place in the National League.

Our Dorking based son said from the start of this campaign that the aim was to avoid relegation back to the Southern league & there are still plenty of points to be won or lost. 

But, we'll continue to watch their progress & wish them all the luck in the world for the battles ahead.

Come on, you Wanderers ! 
    That was an amazing surprise! I was not enjoying myself in the fan zone last night, the Barnet fans were being very difficult. So that cheered me up! 

Nice to meet @JiMMy 85 tonight at the Dorking v Barnet game and I brought Dorking some luck as they won 2-1 . Still thawing out 

Following an early Barnet goal, Dorking battled hard & showing some good moves plus some great defending, thoroughly deserved the 3 pts against the team in 4th place in the National League.

Our Dorking based son said from the start of this campaign that the aim was to avoid relegation back to the Southern league & there are still plenty of points to be won or lost. 

But, we'll continue to watch their progress & wish them all the luck in the world for the battles ahead.

Come on, you Wanderers ! 
    Louis from Your Instant Replay was having kittens because the lens on his camera was fogged on the inside, so I'm surprised you saw anything! Here's the George Francomb goal: https://imgur.com/a/ptLa8w2

I do think they're going to be fine - Tony Craig and Francomb alone are turning them into a much tougher team. 

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Nice to meet @JiMMy 85 tonight at the Dorking v Barnet game and I brought Dorking some luck as they won 2-1 . Still thawing out 
    That was an amazing surprise! I was not enjoying myself in the fan zone last night, the Barnet fans were being very difficult. So that cheered me up! 

Come on, you Wanderers ! 
    Louis from Your Instant Replay was having kittens because the lens on his camera was fogged on the inside, so I'm surprised you saw anything! Here's the George Francomb goal: https://imgur.com/a/ptLa8w2

I do think they're going to be fine - Tony Craig and Francomb alone are turning them into a much tougher team. 

Ahhh, so that's why we had huge difficulty making out some of the action- at first thought it must be a foggy evening in Dorking ! 

Mr F felt it might have been due to the glare into the camera from the scoreboard opposite  but it was hard to keep our attention at times when peering through "the mist"...

Dramatically, later in the 2nd half, it began to clear & lo & behold we were able to watch the final part of the match far more easily. 

Hoping you're correct in your prophecy, Jimmy . DW are now our 2nd team by many a mile. 
  • I need to update the line "Dorking have had more chances than Nick Cotton" - if anyone has any ideas do share. I can't think of anyone other than Nick. 
  • Watched an episode of this last night and am hooked. Really excellent and compelling viewing. 
  • @JiMMy 85 more chances than a game of monopoly?
  • jams said:
    @JiMMy 85 more chances than a game of monopoly?
    Yep you're onto something there. 
  • @JiMMy 85, well I wasnt expecting to see this on Facebook this morning...

Thats my cousin Steve wearing his Dorking Wanderers hat.  Apparently he knows you and is one of your Patreon too.  He says you're a nice guy!

I vaguely remember him telling me he used to play for Dorking many many years ago.
  • Steve is your cousin?! That's mental. He sits in front of the bench lock-off camera at the back of the stand, and for a while I would get him to adjust it for me as it was too far for me to deal with. He did seem to know a little bit about cameras which helped! 

Fucking crazy! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha, love it.   I'm going to have to come down to watch a game now.  He's been on at me for ages to come see a game but didn't quite realise the link until last couple of days lol.

Oh and he knows his cameras.  He was taking selfies on a SLR with a 10 second self-timer from what I can remember from the early 80s and he even set the exposure with a light meter lol.

Thats me at the back next to Steve a very long time ago now with my brother and his two lads Paul & Kevin.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I need to update the line "Dorking have had more chances than Nick Cotton" - if anyone has any ideas do share. I can't think of anyone other than Nick. 
    Katie Price ? 
  • I need your votes! 

https://nonleaguebible.weebly.com/nlbible-awards.html

We're under the Best YouTuber (Over 10k subs).

I'd really appreciate the support 🙏
  • No brainer. Best of luck, @jimmy85
  • edited April 2023
    Cheers mate. I'm up against a Wrexham vlogger who films on his phone from the back of the stand and always seems to win this award, and a guy who predicts scores that 1.4m people subscribe to! 
  • edited April 2023
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Cheers mate. I'm up against a Wrexham vlogger who films on his phone from the back of the stand and always seems to win this award, and a guy who predicts scores that 1.4m people subscribe to! 
    Yeah noticed you're up against Thogden, thought he only ever focused on the EFL etc.

You have my vote though, best of luck
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    I need your votes! 

https://nonleaguebible.weebly.com/nlbible-awards.html

We're under the Best YouTuber (Over 10k subs).

I'd really appreciate the support

Done ! Good luck ! 
  • Happy to support this mate 
  • Oh mate, if ever there was a chance to get the Duane Eddy story into the show it was then! 

You've absolutely hit your stride and have for some time, the whole production is excellent 
  • Caught the first episode of the Walton and Hersham series last night. Great work, @JiMMy 85 I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the new series
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, just seen this - cheers. Just finishing episode two of Walton, which is about as dramatic as I've ever done. Hoping we can get some eyeballs on this one. 
  • @JiMMy 85 if you want people watching best tell us when and where it’s on and what it’s about.🤔

• It's mentioned throughout this thread that Bunch Of Amateurs is a documentary following football clubs throughout the season at the non-league and grass roots levels. 

It's on YouTube on the Bunch Of Amateurs channel.
  • Episode 1 of the latest season:
    https://youtu.be/avqJoVsp3RE
  • Bunch of amateurs had a shout out of the two Johnnies podcast this week.
  • Bunch of amateurs had a shout out of the two Johnnies podcast this week.
    Thanks for the heads up, will give it a listen. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Bunch of amateurs had a shout out of the two Johnnies podcast this week.
    Thanks for the heads up, will give it a listen. 
    It’s right at the end of the episode.
  • Yep found it thanks! That was a very nice surprise. Could do with some more of that!! 

• Jimmy, what mics do you use on your cameras?
    I've been toying with the idea of getting some Rode Wireless Go's to use for recording vows and speeches at weddings, just to create a 3-4 min highlights reel.
  • Mate DM you your number and I'll give you a rundown.