Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OMG! MILLWALL MIGHT GET PROMOTED - but not in 2023 :)

This could be the worst nightmare of all. As we spiral into oblivion or just get stuck in Groundhog Day Millwall are in a good position to get to the play-offs. Am I jealous? Of course I am. Don't know anything about the game but 1-1 against Burnley looks a good result. A quick scan of upcoming games- they have to play Luton twice who are rivals up there but the majority seem to be against the lower end of the table.No easy games I know , well sometimes they are and sometimes not. Got to say well done to Gary Rowett who seems to have steadily progressed the team, I remember him "taking charge" of the defence in his first game at the Valley and thinking "who does he think he is" but he was demonstrating his leadership skills even then.
Well maybe it will be a good thing for law and order if Leeds drop and miss playing our neighbours .
Lets be positive about this....

Comments

• nah they'll shit out and finish 7th
  • edited February 2023
    They will get to the play-off final and it will all end up in a punch up between themselves at Wembley. I read it somewhere before.
  • I'd rather see Millwall 6th and Sunderland 7th
  • Like it or not you have got to give it to them got themselves a real good Manager who has built the squad up over the past few years despite having one of the lowest budgets they are sitting in the top six & looking like they will be there come the end of the season

• If Middlesbrough don’t catch Sheffield United they will be the favorites for the playoffs 
  • Sponsored links:

• yep rivals etc but shows what happens when you have a decent owner and a manager who has some sort of backing - fair play to them tbh. 

shows what a shit show danish rocker has created 

that said there are 8/9 teams who can all still get them and someone will go on a run. 
  • It's very tight. Their position during the game fluctuated from 4th to 9th. I'm hoping Norwich, Watford and wba pick up more points and they miss out on goal difference.

what is unbelievable is that two millwall fans I know still want rowett out
  • The sky sports cringe fest about atmosphere as some blokes from Medway dance to Status Quo in pink polo shirts and flat caps will be unbearable. Likewise the media meltdown before risk games.

Although their match going fans are usually decent people, bar the weirdos who stand by the away end or are from Downham (joke!), the hangers on that will sign up for premiership season ticket holders will most likely be complete bell ends.
  • edited February 2023
    I see them making the playoffs & then it’s a lottery.

Been building a squad capable of top 6 for years. They were close last year and invested well in their Dutch striker in the summer.

As said above….well run club with a good owner.
  • I'm looking forward to them missing out on promotion, finding a random decision that went against them to blame it on then saying its a conspiracy and the PL are scared to have them 
  • Them and Palace in the Prem while we slum it in League One is what I like to think of as 'scenario X'. If scenario X occurs, I might start following real tennis or something 
  • Millwall in ‘run club properly and get success’ shocker. 
    It really isn’t rocket science and the reason why we continually lurch about in the middle reaches of the lower leagues. 
  • Millwall v Luton championship playoff final. We are literally living in the worst timeline. 
  • Would much rather Sunderland go up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good Luck to them

Just further proof, as if it were needed, as to how badly run we are and have been for years. It hurts that we attract these chancers
  • I think they’ll make sixth place. They’ve been sensibly run for a long time now and are reaping the rewards of that stability. I think there are parallels with what Charlton did with Murray, Varney and Curbs. I won’t say good luck to them because I don’t want them to succeed but you can’t deny what they’re achieving is impressive given their resources.
  • Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.
  • edited February 2023
    It's very tight. Their position during the game fluctuated from 4th to 9th. I'm hoping Norwich, Watford and wba pick up more points and they miss out on goal difference.

Seriously??! Tell them from me, and I think I speak for all normal thinking Millwall fans, they are deranged. 
    Oxymoron?  ;)
  • It's very tight. Their position during the game fluctuated from 4th to 9th. I'm hoping Norwich, Watford and wba pick up more points and they miss out on goal difference.

Seriously??! Tell them from me, and I think I speak for all normal thinking Millwall fans, they are deranged. 
    Oxymoron?  ;)
    Yeah, a bit like the name Charlton Athletic 😁
    Nope - our ground is definitely in Charlton.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!