Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• Cheers... Never knew the VIN Number existed... Just completed the online form for my Honda (link below if anyone else needs it) - So will wait and see now.

https://coc-registration.honda.eu/cocobo/termsAndConditions;jsessionid=d5ff23d1cb9ff80e2552fd296823:mVs7
  • Just read an interesting article that reckons the expanded ULEZ is only a preliminary step.

Once cameras are set up they will then probably be used to charge all cars a further road tax in the near future.

Hope somebody stops these greedy ####### soon.
  • Khan preaches all things green yet he was cought out using his gas guzzling range rover along with other range rover security cars just to walk his dogs, when I go into London the amount of cameras you see are everywhere to catch you out and fine you, 1 wheel in a yellow box will land you 100 quid, if you're a little over a white line you will be fined, it goes on.
    People are just getting fleeced and Khan is the typical hypocritical arrogant smug arsehole you guys have to put up with.

Anyway at least Wednesday are top of the League ! 😆 
  • Khan preaches all things green yet he was cought out using his gas guzzling range rover along with other range rover security cars just to walk his dogs, when I go into London the amount of cameras you see are everywhere to catch you out and fine you, 1 wheel in a yellow box will land you 100 quid, if you're a little over a white line you will be fined, it goes on.
    People are just getting fleeced and Khan is the typical hypocritical arrogant smug arsehole you guys have to put up with.

Hope you get promoted, we need the big clubs promoted this season. 
  • Fumbluff said:
    I’d happily pay all the fines time and time again as long as I didn’t have to live in a shithole like Sheffield. 
    Oh hi piggy…

Sheffield like any City has its bad parts but personally most of it are on the verge of being in the peak district or Derbyshire borders making it appealing to many Londoners coming up, trust me they all say ! 
  • Covered End said:
    operationpig said:
    Khan preaches all things green yet he was cought out using his gas guzzling range rover along with other range rover security cars just to walk his dogs, when I go into London the amount of cameras you see are everywhere to catch you out and fine you, 1 wheel in a yellow box will land you 100 quid, if you're a little over a white line you will be fined, it goes on.

Hope you get promoted, we need the big clubs promoted this season. 

Hopefully mate because this league is awful, I really thought we had seen the last of league one last time we left till chansiri got us points getting docked !
  • Just read an interesting article that reckons the expanded ULEZ is only a preliminary step.

Once cameras are set up they will then probably be used to charge all cars a further road tax in the near future.

Hope somebody stops these greedy ####### soon.
    But once all cars are electric they'll have to use road pricing to replace the income from fuel duty. It's the only sensible way of replacing it
  • edited February 2023
    Fumbluff said:
    I’d happily pay all the fines time and time again as long as I didn’t have to live in a shithole like Sheffield. 
    Oh hi piggy…

Sheffield like any City has its bad parts but personally most of it are on the verge of being in the peak district or Derbyshire borders making it appealing to many Londoners coming up, trust me they all say ! 
    Sheffield itself is ok, but yes the Peak District comes surprisingly close to Sheffield.
  • Sponsored links:

• High Court challenge by five Conservative-led councils against Mayor of London Sadiq Khan’s intention to expand the capital’s ultra low emission zone (Ulez) will be heard today and tomorrow.

Mr Justice Swift is expected to give his ruling at a later date.

The outer-London boroughs involved are Bexley, Bromley, Harrow and Hillingdon along with Surrey County Council.  The new borders will reach Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent and Surrey. 

• Gribbo said:
    Can anyone explain why a vehicle can be top rate of road fund licence (£630 p/a) and yet ULEZ compliant?
    And near the lowest rate and not be.
  • Same, my motor is £20 a year to tax but will cost me £12.50 each time I want to go past the South Circular and now Dartford. These things are never for the benefit of the environment, its a cash grab. Can anyone tell me hand on heart that London has less vehicles clogging up its road network now than it did when the congestion charge and ULEZ came into play?  I guarantee they can't and I say that because MP's would have not shut up if it had 
  • I can't see ULEZ ever charging electric vehicles. I can imagine that the pollutant level will get stricter over time (and to be honest it should). 
  • Carter said:
    Same, my motor is £20 a year to tax but will cost me £12.50 each time I want to go past the South Circular and now Dartford. These things are never for the benefit of the environment, its a cash grab. Can anyone tell me hand on heart that London has less vehicles clogging up its road network now than it did when the congestion charge and ULEZ came into play?  I guarantee they can't and I say that because MP's would have not shut up if it had 
    Khan couldn't care less about congestion hence why he sells 300-600 private hire licences every week and also allows mini cabs from all around the country to come in and work in London.

I can't remember traffic ever being so bad in Central London. Even the Americans tell me they never thought London traffic would become as bad as New York.
  • rananegra said:
    I can't see ULEZ ever charging electric vehicles. I can imagine that the pollutant level will get stricter over time (and to be honest it should). 
    It won't be ulez charging electric vehicles. It will be another scheme like pay per mile
  • rananegra said:
    I can't see ULEZ ever charging electric vehicles. I can imagine that the pollutant level will get stricter over time (and to be honest it should). 
    It won't be ulez charging electric vehicles. It will be another scheme like pay per mile
    We'll have to have pay per mile to replace the current duty on petrol and diesel which brings in vast amounts of revenue for the government. With electric cars being completely "online" it'll be easy to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• This charging will eventually come in everywhere so it’s better to be at the start of it when your old banger is still worth something to the rest of the country than later down the line when nobody will want to buy it off you. 
  • rananegra said:
    We'll have to have pay per mile to replace the current duty on petrol and diesel which brings in vast amounts of revenue for the government. With electric cars being completely "online" it'll be easy to do.
    what do you mean electric cars are online ?
  • MrOneLung said:
    rananegra said:
    Being digital the authorities will be able to log and indeed control them far more easily than ICE vehicles.
  • MrOneLung said:
    rananegra said:
    Being digital the authorities will be able to log and indeed control them far more easily than ICE vehicles.
    I dont get how - you dont log in, it doesnt send mileage figures anywhere
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    rananegra said:
    My car has an ICE. But it regularly sends my 'phone a status report showing mileage, fuel level and whether tyre pressures, oil, etc are okay and says where it is parked. That's only a very short step away from having per mile road tolls. (The sooner the better in my view. Fuel duty replaced and road tax finally gone, well, maybe not the latter.)

BTW, electric cars, being much heavy than ICE cars are rapidly chewing up our road network. Not the motorways and trunk roads but local roads on housing estates, etc which were not designed to take the extra weight on a regular basis. The potholes will only be getting worse folks.  https://www.energylivenews.com/2023/06/27/evs-cause-twice-the-road-damage-of-petrol-vehicles-study-reveals/
  • cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    rananegra said:
    My car has an ICE. But it regularly sends my 'phone a status report showing mileage, fuel level and whether tyre pressures, oil, etc are okay and says where it is parked. That's only a very short step away from having per mile road tolls. (The sooner the better in my view. Fuel duty replaced and road tax finally gone, well, maybe not the latter.)

BTW, electric cars, being much heavy than ICE cars are rapidly chewing up our road network. Not the motorways and trunk roads but local roads on housing estates, etc which were not designed to take the extra weight on a regular basis. The potholes will only be getting worse folks.  https://www.energylivenews.com/2023/06/27/evs-cause-twice-the-road-damage-of-petrol-vehicles-study-reveals/
    Perhaps not. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/04/toyota-claims-battery-breakthrough-electric-cars

"Toyota says it has made a technological breakthrough that will allow it to halve the weight, size and cost of batteries, in what could herald a major advance for electric vehicles"

"Kaita said the company had developed ways to make batteries more durable and believed it could now make a solid-state battery with a range of 1,200km (745 miles) that could charge in 10 minutes or less."

Gamechanger if it all pans out.
  • Jints said:
    cafcfan said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    rananegra said:

Perhaps not. 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/jul/04/toyota-claims-battery-breakthrough-electric-cars

"Toyota says it has made a technological breakthrough that will allow it to halve the weight, size and cost of batteries, in what could herald a major advance for electric vehicles"

"Kaita said the company had developed ways to make batteries more durable and believed it could now make a solid-state battery with a range of 1,200km (745 miles) that could charge in 10 minutes or less."

Gamechanger if it all pans out.
    Solid state batteries have always been the future in this tech but we've been waiting for companies to actually crack the technology. 

Parts of the car (or future houses) will be made of batteries e.g. the chassis will be the battery. Its incredible to think.