Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Quality beard. Was once a quality player. If fit it's a great signing, if not it's a six month deal. I hope this means we move Lavelle on now. 
  • mendonca said:
    He has:

- Not played a single game this season
    - Made four starts last season

Absolute madness. Let's keep our rusty and injury prone approach to building a squad, hey!
    If we keep all our current CBs he's our sixth choice, if Thomas moves which Cawley said was possible, he's our fifth choice. Higher upside than Thomas but less fit. This is low risk, high reward. 

• SDAddick said:
    mendonca said:
    He has:

Absolute madness. Let's keep our rusty and injury prone approach to building a squad, hey!
    If we keep all our current CBs he's our sixth choice, if Thomas moves which Cawley said was possible, he's our fifth choice. Higher upside than Thomas but less fit. This is low risk, high reward. 

I imagine he’ll jump ahead of Thomas and Lavelle if either are still here.
  • SDAddick said:
    mendonca said:
    He has:

With Lavelle/O’Connell going too then he’s fourth choice. There’s a reason too why he’s been without a Club since last May and it’s nothing to do with his ability. 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    He has:

This made me chuckle 
  • edited January 2023
    Let's see. It's not easy for a Pro to get stuck into competitive games after no season, let alone pre-season. 

I'd bet he will be subbed at HT in his first start! Arter, Soure, Thomas....awful 'punts'.

• Good God what the hell is that all about.
    If you haven’t watched it, you won’t get it
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Hector and Kane are "strong characters" and there is noise that they drove standards etc on the training ground.

Let's me honest there have been attitude and discipline problems, well documented, under the last 4 managers.  Maybe Holden has addressed this with both ins and outs.  Its a complete dressing room shake up.
    Has Hector been signed because he’s a strong character as opposed to being actually fit to play?
  • I have to say I saw him With Fulham and thought he was mustard. Something has obviously gone wrong but he’s a good player.  Assume it’s bye bye Lavelle tonight?
    I remember him playing us in the 2019/20 season.

Looking at his stats for Fulham in the Championship last season it seems he was fit last season, but permanently on the bench.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/michael-hector/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/157490/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
  • edited January 2023
    If he's fit and we can get him "match fit" then looks a good signing.  I'm a big fan of having the 2 central defenders a mix of "old head" experienced and a younger player alongside rather than two inexperience youngsters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Hector and Kane are "strong characters" and there is noise that they drove standards etc on the training ground.

Let's me honest there have been attitude and discipline problems, well documented, under the last 4 managers.  Maybe Holden has addressed this with both ins and outs.  Its a complete dressing room shake up.
    Has Hector been signed because he’s a strong character as opposed to being actually fit to play?
    Are they mutually exclusive? 

Unless we sell 2 of Ness, Inniss and EOC does it matter if he takes a couple of weeks to get match fit?
  • mendonca said:
    He has:

- Had no pre-season 

I don't care, start him alongside Ness for the rest of the season.
  • Shame he wasn't given minutes against Millwall as a trialist yesterday
  • edited January 2023
    Chunes said:
    mendonca said:
    He has:

It's another signing like Thomas / Papa Souare. When do these signings ever work out. Their bodies have been out of football for so long, they come back and get injured straight away, or they just look miles off the pace. I really don't see the point. What is he going to offer us before the season is over?
    To be fair, I'd say the Thomas signing actually has worked. He was brought in to be 4th choice, break glass in case of emergency cover, and he's played a bit when needed and scored in the 4-4 against Ipswich. He did get an injury but for the most part he's done what he was brought in to do
    Really? I don't think the idea was for Thomas to come here as cover in case of injury and yet spend the majority of the time injured himself.

We were fortunate that Ness could make the step up in his absence. Otherwise we'd have been stuck with an U23 who wasn't ready and who knows where we'd be at the moment.