Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Matt Penney (a left back!!!) signs on loan from Ipswich Town

Comments

• Don't know anything about him, but the mere fact he's left footing makes him a good signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where was Penney on loan earlier this season?
  • Dont recognise the name... Welcome though - Glad we've sorted out the main issue that has plagued us for the majority of the season. To be fair he doesnt need to be anything special, as Steven Sessegnon hasn't put a foot wrong for us.

What we've needed though is support for him, as Steven has shown he has fitness issues, plus there has been times where his need to cut back on to his right-foot has halted our momentum up the pitch, so to have Penny in as a different option is good news...
  • If he is out of contract in the summer then the better he does, the better the teams that will offer him a deal.  Which will be good for us in the run in.
  • Just waiting for Ronnie to come through with breaking news before I can relax... ;)
    Fixed that for you mate 😉
  • Just waiting for Ronnie to come through and confirm before I can relax... ;)
    Check back in on the 3rd Feb 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Looks a decent signing on paper, though I wonder why he wasn't good enough for Ipswich. Still young enough to improve and potentially become a permanent signing.

Considering he went to Motherwell on loan the sort of signing we could have made in the summer. Instead it appears TS and MS thought Clayden was good enough. They saved on wages for half a season but those 2/3 extra signings we needed in the summer could have been the difference between a playoff place and mid table.
    Ipswich spent a LOT of money on Leif Davis so he was always up against it there.

I would hope it’s a loan with a view to extension it at the end of the season if it all goes well
  • Trying to think of a Pasta pun but I've been up for nearly 19 hours due to an early start and cancelled Eurostar ski train back from the alps. So someone please help me out. 

Welcome Matt
  • Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a bad Penney
  • Scoham said:
    Looks a decent signing on paper, though I wonder why he wasn't good enough for Ipswich. Still young enough to improve and potentially become a permanent signing.

Considering he went to Motherwell on loan the sort of signing we could have made in the summer. Instead it appears TS and MS thought Clayden was good enough. They saved on wages for half a season but those 2/3 extra signings we needed in the summer could have been the difference between a playoff place and mid table.
    Didn’t Ipswich spend 900k on a left back from Leeds ? 
  • Trying to think of a Pasta pun but I've been up for nearly 19 hours due to an early start and cancelled Eurostar ski train back from the alps. So someone please help me out. 

Welcome Matt
    Penney could be that missing ingredient we need.
  • Scoham said:

Didn’t Ipswich spend 900k on a left back from Leeds ? 
    £1.2m on Leif Davis
  • edited January 2023
    Decent signing, get Sess over to right back and if the Penney drops with Matt he could be our left back for the next couple of years 
  • Swisdom said:
    Scoham said:

Ipswich spent a LOT of money on Leif Davis so he was always up against it there.

I would hope it’s a loan with a view to extension it at the end of the season if it all goes well
    Ipswich have the option of an extension but as it stands he’s out of contract at end the season