Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Long Sleeved Football Shirts

Nice to see at least three of Manchester United’s team wearing long sleeved shirts tonight. 

In my opinion, it looks so much smarter than the trim half way down the arm, separated from a base layer.

Admittedly, with some kits you hardly notice the difference, but worst case scenario must be the Palace shirt and red base layer combination, which makes the kit look even more ridiculous than usual. 

Comments

• unless they are in tuxedos i aint bothered

bonus points if the dickie bow spins like frank butcher in eastenders
  • They finished off with four, Rashord, Garnacho, Varane and Casemiro.
  • edited January 2023
    Bryan Hughes and Chris Perry rarely wore short sleeves when playing for us. 
  • I hate the trend of goalkeepers in short sleeve shirts, it’s just so so wrong 
    Didn't there used to be a rule that keepers had to wear long sleeves, to make it easier for the officials to identify the keeper's arms going for the ball in a crowded penalty box?
  • edited January 2023
    They have to wear gloves if they have a short sleeved shirt on. MInd you can't say the last time I saw a goalie without gloves on.
  • I hate the trend of goalkeepers in short sleeve shirts, it’s just so so wrong 
    I expect they sell better unfortunately. 
    Kiely wore short sleeves once when there was a kit clash, presumably the first time any keeper did so for us.
  • edited January 2023
    I hate the trend of goalkeepers in short sleeve shirts, it’s just so so wrong 
    I suppose, but when the pitch is a carpet you don't need long sleeves. Then it is what you feel most comfortable in.
  • iaitch said:
    They have to wear gloves if they have a short sleeved shirt on. MInd you can't say the last time I saw a goalie without gloves on.
    But what about all the soft outfield footballers all wearing gloves as well  :D
  • I love a long sleeved - do we even sell these any more? I can't recall seeing any on the site. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What looks really stupid is short sleeved shirts with long sleeved vests underneath.
  • under Wenger, the whole Arsenal team had to wear what the captain was wearing which I always thought was good
  • under Wenger, the whole Arsenal team had to wear what the captain was wearing which I always thought was good
    I bet the shivvery players were glad when Adams retired!
    Dates back to a lot earlier than Wenger
  • Paqueta for West Ham looking smart in his
    Surely all the team had to wear an Arsenal kit

• Alvechurch easily beat St Ives 4-1 yesterday in a Southern League Central Premier game.
    A quirky little ground, Alvechurch is a quaint village as well.
    Hangovers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Penultimate shirt for me, all day long.
  • A lot on show tonight in the United Barca match
  • Barry Bannan tonight

• Alvechurch easily beat St Ives 4-1 yesterday in a Southern League Central Premier game.
    A quirky little ground, Alvechurch is a quaint village as well.
    Looking back at this post, totally slaughtered on it........and rightly so :'(
  • A few Wednesday players tonight,