Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taskmaster

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Thought Liza Tarbuck was the best tonight, which considering she was on the worst series was a surprise.

Kerry Godliman was good too.

To be fair to the others, only so much chance to shine in a quick one off episode.
  • Series 14 about to kick off
  • Love John Kearns. Might give this series a go.
  • No spoilers obviously but this feels like it has the makings of a very very strong series. Be interesting to see how the outside task location gets used throughout the series. 
  • edited October 2022
    ***SPOILERS***
    You’d think after 14 series a show like this would’ve lost its novelty but it’s still the best thing on TV imo. Certainly the funniest thing. I’ve just watched this week’s episode on catch up and laughed so hard so many times. “It’s made my balls go up inside myself”, the helicopter crash, envelope to the face, flour mask, buying ducks from a pharmacy, in fact pretty much everything John Kearns says or does. So funny. For this series to be this good after just two shows bodes very well for what is to come. 
  • What airport is that and how is it so empty? 
  • edited October 2022
    ***SPOILERS***
    You’d think after 14 series a show like this would’ve lost its novelty but it’s still the best thing on TV imo. Certainly the funniest thing. I’ve just watched this week’s episode on catch up and laughed so hard so many times. “It’s made my balls go up inside myself”, the helicopter crash, envelope to the face, flour mask, buying ducks from a pharmacy, in fact pretty much everything John Kearns says or does. So funny. For this series to be this good after just two shows bodes very well for what is to come. 
    According to IMDb Taskmaster is the 54 best TV show ever. 
    Gatwick South Terminal before they reopened after lockdown. 
    Gatwick South Terminal. No idea why it is empty though.
  • Sponsored links:

• New Year's Treat lineup announced. That's a pretty diverse cast , can see Greg James being very very good value. 
  • Greg James would have been good for a whole series.

I like Self Esteem a lot too.
  • What do people think of the current series? I'm really enjoying it, John Kearns cracks me up
  • McBobbin said:
    What do people think of the current series? I'm really enjoying it, John Kearns cracks me up

One of the strongest in a long time , no real weak links. Hope Dara manges to win it but can see Sarah nicking it. 

Will be a tough act to follow in terms of the standard of the contestants.
  • I loved Dara getting increasingly irritated that John Kearns didn't understand the system that they were using for the non-verbal communication task, and then it turning out he was telling them the wrong message in the first place.
  • Really strong series, agree that John Kearns has been brilliant, but I'm a big fan of Fern (me Fern Brady, me Fern Brady) too, not least the fact that some of the more literal traits of her ASD rub up against the quirkiness of the show and Alex Horne.

"Oh, was that like a pun?"
  • Really strong series, agree that John Kearns has been brilliant, but I'm a big fan of Fern (me Fern Brady, me Fern Brady) too, not least the fact that some of the more literal traits of her ASD rub up against the quirkiness of the show and Alex Horne.

Not a Taskmaster viewer but I saw Fern Brady live a month or two when she was supporting Frankie Boyle, she wasn’t great.
  • There's something weirdly alluring about Fern Brady's horrific accent
  • I love her accent, reminds me of my mental ex. Makes for funny telly as well. Last series I enjoyed the needle between them, this series is more civil but also just funnier
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    "Wait...What?....What-Wait?.... Wait....What?

Love the team tasks this series. On one team, Sarah just enjoying watching Munya's madness and utter self-confidence. Then, on the other team, uber competitive and logical Dara being equal parts baffled by John's incompetence and surrealism, and enraged by Fern's lack of fucks. And the moments when Dara gets shown up for not being quite as smart as he thinks he is.

Also, John just cracking up every time Greg lays into him.

And Fern's frequent comments about something dark and disturbing, and the seemingly endless number of ways she can say "Oh no!" (Love her accent too).

It's in the top 3 series.
  • Frankie Boyle could really go either way depending on how much he goes for it, but he's so quick and sharp I can imagine he'll be great in the studio at the very least.

Not sure about Jenny Éclair or I've Graham (funny enough on stuff buy a bit bland), and I've not seen the other two before (although know what they're in).

But then I'd not heard of Mike Wozniak, John Kearns, Bridget Christie etc and they were great.
  • Think that's a good mix of contestants. Not heard of mae Martin though
  • Frankie for me is the big one that could go either way, am surprised Alex has even managed to convince him to do it. Heard Ivo on Fighting Talk a few times and he's usually decent on that. 

Looks a good lineup but it's going to have to go a long way to match this previous series which was one of the best lineups ever. 

"Oh, have I met these potatoes before?"
  • Thought the new year's treat episode tonight was very very strong. Could easily watch a second part with that lineup. 
  • Yep that was great fun but
    I could have sworn that Mo bent over at one point during the carp pellets task, and I was waiting for Greg to pull the rug out from under him as they often do once all the clips have been shown
  • Is there a single part of carol vorderman that isn't surgically altered?
  • Are we going to have to boycott series 15 given that Ivo Graham went to Eton?