Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Signing Off for Now!

Having become a regular follower and contributor to this mass debating chamber over the past few months, I've decided it's in everybody's interests for me to duck out for a short while....................  

There,  So how was that for you?

But seriously, I thought it would be rude to just cease without saying anything. I feel as though I've nothing new to offer and keep going over old ground. I was thinking of taking to twitter to see what our reliable informants Rui and Sausage Dog make of it all, but I fear the twittersphere may consume me as I'm already spending far too much time on here and need to be doing other things. So as it's the time of year for resolutions, I'm going to quit posting for the foreseeable, although I'll be keeping a watching brief and reserve the right to return, hopefully when our prospects are a bit brighter. 

Anyway That's it for now. What more can I say?

It's been............ well, it's been and I'll leave it at that.

Happy New Year to each and everyone!

Comments

• I’m worried that @swordfish won’t know what to do with the spare time.
  • edited December 2022
  • Is this the end of the  fish puns?
    Cod only knows
    Loved that by the Beach Boys
  • Sponsored links:

It's easy for us to carp but, sometimes, sole searching is good for one's mental health. Hopefully Swordfish will return one day breaming with a desire to post once again. 
  • Boom said:
    Always amuses me how people feel the need to announce they’re leaving or ask for their account to be deleted. Just stop posting/visiting if you’ve had enough.
    This. People who think they’re the life and soul usually aren’t.
  • edited December 2022
    Sorry you feel that way Swordfish, if we all stopped posting because we have nothing new to offer then the forum wouldn’t exist as most of us breached that years ago. But that’s just not the point of the forum, it’s about sharing our journey as Charlton supporters with others and a whole host of other nonsense on the way. Sometimes informative, sometimes funny, sometimes random.

Just do what’s best for you, but it should never be a fixed post / don’t post line. 

Happy new year to you 
    That's easy for you to say but have you seen the price of second hand Victorian hatstands?
  • He clearly wasn't that hooked.
  • edited December 2022
    Thank gawd he's gone, thought he would never take the hint!
    Cod only knows
    Loved that by the Beach Koi's
    Fixed it for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• You joined CL in May and now you're leaving?
  • Boom said:
    Always amuses me how people feel the need to announce they’re leaving or ask for their account to be deleted. Just stop posting/visiting if you’ve had enough.
    Hark at her!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    You joined CL in May and now you're leaving?
    Did anyone start at the club in May and is now leaving?
  • swordfish said:
    Having become a regular follower and contributor to this mass debating chamber over the past few months, I've decided it's in everybody's interests for me to duck out for a short while....................  

There,  So how was that for you?

But seriously, I thought it would be rude to just cease without saying anything. I feel as though I've nothing new to offer and keep going over old ground. I was thinking of taking to twitter to see what our reliable informants Rui and Sausage Dog make of it all, but I fear the twittersphere may consume me as I'm already spending far too much time on here and need to be doing other things. So as it's the time of year for resolutions, I'm going to quit posting for the foreseeable, although I'll be keeping a watching brief and reserve the right to return, hopefully when our prospects are a bit brighter. 

Anyway That's it for now. What more can I say?

It's been............ well, it's been and I'll leave it at that.

Happy New Year to each and everyone!
    I agree with you in many respects and I have quit for short periods of time. 

Unfortunately it’s very addictive because we’re all fans regardless of level, time, matches etc., etc. and therefore impossible to stay away indefinitely, or it has been for me.

As I rarely go to games anymore, so, clearly not a real supporter, however 50 years and counting blah blah blah, it’s one of the few sources to keep up to date.

I guess what grates me is it’s toxicity at times and I include myself in that occasionally and also the repetitive posting on say, the current Takeover thread of people saying basically the same things but just rearranging the words over and over and over again and of course the inevitability of threads going off piste. So, in the end it becomes impossible to get to the crux of the matter without having to trawl through 600 or more posts only to find nothing of substance!

Its a shame the moderators can’t step in more often, though I’m sure it’s not an easy task.

It all becomes rather tedious with a few funnies thrown in and there are some good ones, I’ll admit.

It’s also frustrating we can’t accept different opinions without resorting to calling people out and sending our ‘Seconds’ round for pistols at dawn!

Happy New 👂 to you and everyone else.

Happy New Year mate and many more years to come for you
  • Gribbo said:
    Just to reassure everyone, I'm not leaving
    Boo! Surely another reincarnation must be due 😉