Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Not available to buy on website ???
  • The problem with the club saying, in effect, “buy a ticket and we’ll open more areas”, is that you’re trying to push supporters into buying tickets in the areas which the club have decided to open and so effectively condoning the decision they’ve taken.

Is it really being suggested that less home supporters would attend this game than the forthcoming Friday night match against Morecambe or, indeed, the vast majority of League 1 home fixtures ?

It’s even more illogical in circumstances where the costs of opening the AC Stand are shared with Brighton. 
  • Leuth said:
    Bought 3 tickets, sent to email.......except the email hasn't arrived yet and it's been 20 minutes. Is this the new normal ffs
    I haven't received my email yet and I also bought tickets for both this match and Stockport tomorrow 
  • iaitch said:
    Leuth said:
    Bought 3 tickets, sent to email.......except the email hasn't arrived yet and it's been 20 minutes. Is this the new normal ffs
    Not just me then, bought a ticket about 4 hours ago and not got anything either.
    Me too, must be broken. I have emailed them with my receipt.
  • Blucher said:
    I don’t think the annoyance at the closure of the AC Stand is so much about people not having their usual seat - we’ve all got used to moving for cup games - it’s more what it says about the small-time mentality of the club and the idiocy of those running it.

Brighton at home is an attractive fixture at this stage of the competition. I remember standing in the Covered End for a last 16 game against Stoke in the 70s, who featured a promising youngster called Garth Crooks. We eventually lost a thoroughly entertaining game 3-2 but it was a cracking atmosphere in front of around 16,000. Notwithstanding the near terminal decline of the competition, we could probably have got close to that with a big Brighton following and a ‘kid a quid’ but for the imbecilic decision to close half the home areas. Talk about killing the vibe.
    I remember that game as one of my first, especially midweek. My dad pointed out the young black player and said he looked good & would go far. Not that far really......only went as far as Selhurst 😄
  • edited November 2022
    What a thread.

We've gone from SOME "fans" saying what a disappointing tie, Brighton aren't attractive, we'll do well to get a 10,000 attendance (7000 Charlton fans).

So the club shut the East & Upper West (ridiculous in my opinion) in response and now SOME fans are saying, hey you're limiting our fans attendance, 14/15,000 home seats aren't enough.
  • edited November 2022
    What a thread.

We've gone from SOME "fans" saying what a disappointing tie, Brighton aren't attractive, we'll do well to get a 10,000 attendance (7000 Charlton fans).

So the club shut the East & Upper West (ridiculous in my opinion) in response and now SOME fans are saying, hey you're limiting our fans attendance, 14/15,000 home seats aren't enough.
    Think it’s nearer 13,000 off the top of my head, probably less than that. Say 8,000 in the Covered End and 4,500 lower west?

There were 12,700 Charlton fans for Norwich in January. No way you’ll get 50% of fans attending wanting to go behind the goal. It will probably be 75-25 ratio against Stockport (admittedly with the upper tier shut).

On that basis I would say anything over 8,000 probably forces the opening of more seats. I’d be very surprised if we don’t get that. Then again the club is doing its best to achieve that.
  • edited November 2022
    Wrong thread 
  • Do they seriously think they can sell exec boxes for the game, for an empty stand? Having fans in front of the boxes is part of the experience 
    Sidddaaarrrrn…
  • Sponsored links:

• I phoned up and got my tickets sent. 

Interestingly, when I gave my postcode, they asked if I was someone I'm definitely not. Does another Addick live in my very specific corner of N London? One R. Hall? 
  • What a thread.

Think it’s nearer 13,000 off the top of my head, probably less than that. Say 8,000 in the Covered End and 4,500 lower west?

There were 12,700 Charlton fans for Norwich in January. No way you’ll get 50% of fans attending wanting to go behind the goal. It will probably be 75-25 ratio against Stockport (admittedly with the upper tier shut).

On that basis I would say anything over 8,000 probably forces the opening of more seats. I’d be very surprised if we don’t get that. Then again the club is doing its best to achieve that.
    Seems crazy from what I’m reading … they seem to want to avoid selling too many tickets.  
  • edited November 2022
    Still can’t see they are available on line?
  • Still can’t see they are available on line?
    Log off & back on again. 
  • It's a good draw, especially being midweek and a few days before Xmas.
    Obviously, you wouldn't know it from the many expected negative posts.

The main thing stopping this from being a big game to look forward to is the Charlton "supporters" ,who are determined not to enjoy anything Charlton and are already talking about only 5,000 Charlton fans going.

It's such a shame that CL is so negative about everything Charlton and I don't understand why people spend the majority of their time being negative about so much.
    So, now Peter Varney is saying buy your tickets!
  • Last night:

MK 0-3 Leicester
    Newcastle 1-0 Bournemouth
    Southampton 2-1 Lincoln
    Wolves 2-0 Gillingham

Tonight and tomorrow:

Forest v Blackburn
    Charlton v Brighton
    Man U v Burnley
    Man City v Liverpool

Last EFL clubs left in the competition are Blackburn, Burnley and Charlton.
  • edited December 2022
    Blackburn 1-4 Forest FT
    Man U 2-0 Burnley FT
    Charlton 0-0 Brighton (4-3p) FT

Quarter final draw will take place tomorrow night after Man City v Liverpool.

Teams in the hat:

Charlton
    Leicester
    Man Utd
    Newcastle
    Nottm Forest
    Southampton
    Wolves
    Man City/Liverpool
  • Forest at home please
  • Saints away please
  • Sponsored links:

• As long as we are at home, don’t care
  • Southampton or Forest at the Valley are probably our best hopes of advancing.
  • Southampton or Forest at the Valley are probably our best hopes of advancing.
    Best hopes of many individuals having a meltdown like they did when we drew Brighton as well ha ha. 
  • Blackburn 1-4 Forest FT
    Man U 2-0 Burnley FT
    Charlton 0-0 Brighton (4-3p) FT

Quarter final draw will take place tomorrow night after Man City v Liverpool.

Teams in the hat:

Charlton
    Leicester
    Man Utd
    Newcastle
    Nottm Forest
    Southampton
    Wolves
    Man City/Liverpool
    With one of the big guns going out tomorrow that makes things easier for us at Wembley.
  • Away to one of the Manchester clubs, or we saving that for the semi?  Is that still.over 2 legs? 
  • I'd take Man City away in the QF. Have the glory game, and concentrate on the league
  • Just 3 wins from Europe
  • edited December 2022
    If drawn away is there VAR in this Cup?