Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool Away Travel

edited June 2009 in Match Day Travel
This looks like an absolute shocker for those of us who don't drive or go on the coach. Direct trains to Hartlepool £36 each way with no cheap advance tickets and there aren't any cheap advance tickets going via Newcastle.

£70's pretty steep for a day trip. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Comments

• hire a mini bus and then stay overnight at whitley bay.
  • My mum was born in Whitley Bay.

Goodbye.
  • The Magpie Cafe in Whitley Bay is the best Fish 'n' chip shop in the world.
  • I think that the rail companies will release more cheapo tickets nearer the date...so no panic.
  • Mr Largo, give Syd a call in a few weeks time. I'm sure he'll have group ticket info by then.
  • Cheers AFKA, will do.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]My mum was born in Whitley Bay.

Goodbye.

I used to go out with a girl from Whitley Bay
  • Do we not want to see if we can organise some mini busses to take us up that way if we all chip in some money should not be too expensive
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Do we not want to see if we can organise some mini busses to take us up that way if we all chip in some money should not be too expensive
    Could be a plan Ru1986, would you be able to organise one?
  • Sponsored links:

• I prefer Whitby.
  • Whitley Bay is quite a long and difficult journey from Hartlepool if using public transport...

If you want to stay over then South Shields is a lot closer, has stacks of B&B and night life is top notch...

Sunderland has a good Friday night too and only a short train ride away from the Monkey hangers......
  • My mum was born in South Shields!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]My mum was born in South Shields!
    I probably know her...
  • Yes Friend or defoe i porbably could sort something out if i got an idea of numbers and times and places to meet and that only prob is im in Kent so would prob have to be picking up form London let me know guys Chers
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yes Friend or defoe i porbably could sort something out if i got an idea of numbers and times and places to meet and that only prob is im in Kent so would prob have to be picking up form London let me know guys Chers
    I would be interested, especially if there's a pick up from Bromley or nearby.
  • I'll be on the train *evil laugh*
  • So i can get a mini bus it might cost a bit but should be possible however i dont think the train is particularly expensive, it depends on numbers. NathanPrior were would you be getting the train from and what costs are you looking at and changes and that? sorry for all the questions mate let me know though if i can i will see if we can maybe organise group discounts for rail travel unless anyone on here can get it cheap?
  • Well I was at the station last night and decided i'd have a look at the prices, its like £127ish return, which is quite steep tbh, so I think it'll be coach for me instead :(