Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

The Addicks are expected to line-up in the same 4-4-2 formation used in recent months with Clare joining Sam Lavelle, Ryan Inniss and Steven Sessegnon in back four in front of Maynard-Brewer.

George Dobson and Scott Fraser will be flanked in midfield by wingers Jes Rak-Sakyi and Blackett-Taylor.

Charlie Kirk, who scored two goals last weekend, will once again play alongside skipper Jayden Stockley.

Campbell is joined on the bench by Nathan Harness, Deji Elerewe, Jake Forster-Caskey, Albie Morgan, Jack Payne, Tyreece Campbell and Chuks Aneke.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Lavelle, Inniss, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Dobson, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley (c), Kirk

Substitutes: Harness, Elerewe, Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Payne, Campbell, Aneke

Comments

• Struggling to cope with the excitement from everyone, in anticipation of this match... Eight minutes for a Match Thread, even the team sheet to be posted, must be an all time record
  • Struggling to cope with the excitement from everyone, in anticipation of this match... Eight minutes for a Match Thread, even the team sheet to be posted, must be an all time record
    Easily pleased FA.. ;)
  • Well if it was sticky….

I’ve  been catching up on the preview thread ! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Well if it was sticky….

I’ve  been catching up on the preview thread ! 
    Continues to prove that the Mods aren't up to the job.

Cant wait for the next General Election!!
  • edited November 2022
    Browny sounds his usual positive self on the stream, try and keep it up eh Browny ... ;)
  • When is Terrell Thomas due back?
  • find myself a lot more disinterested today than I was expecting. Blame the hangover. 

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for the travelling crew
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with the studio, 'bout time Chuks was able to start games especially in a 4-4-2
  • find myself a lot more disinterested today than I was expecting. Blame the hangover. 

Fingers crossed for a good outcome for the travelling crew
    hair of the dog

(wrote that down and realised what a strange saying. so wikipedia is your friend-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog
  • I forgot what a shithole this ground is - and f*cking Carling!

Come on you Red Boyssssss!
  • Agree with the studio, 'bout time Chuks was able to start games especially in a 4-4-2
    And in place of Stockley, as Brownie hinted!
  • Charlton are the main game on BBC London 94.9 and DAB this afternoon - it's an around the grounds show so will be getting scores and news from elsewhere too but do tune in. (Not online but should be on the BBC London Freeview channel as well if you look for the radio channels) 
  • Browny sounds his usual positive self on the stream, try and keep it up eh Browny ... ;)
    He is soo negative.
  • I know this is AMB's full league debut, but has he played in the Pizza trophy or other cup game?
  • edited November 2022
    aliwibble said:
    I know this is AMB's full league debut, but has he played in the Pizza trophy or other cup game?
    Yes he has done... Once in the FA Cup, four times in the EFL Trophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Maynard-Brewer
  • I agree with Brownie though, we need to win this type of game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    I don' t see where Brownie is going with that Kish not appreciated in the stands comment, always gave 100% imho
    I wish this Chuks starting fallacy would just end, it’s not going to happen, and people shouldn’t expect it to. He’s 29 and has shown time and time again in his career that if his work load is increased he will just break down - that’s not going to miraculous change this time - and it’s to much of a risk to expect it to. 

In the Chuks Aneke thread on the forum, posters often pointed out his most successful period for us was when he was delicately managed by Lee Bowyer who only really looked to give him a 20-30 minutes, and then the odd 70+ minutes if required very very sparingly. 
  • edited November 2022
    World Cup mehh,..🥱 c'mon lads this is CATV, get back on track.. ;)
  • aliwibble said:
    I know this is AMB's full league debut, but has he played in the Pizza trophy or other cup game?
    Yes he has done... Once in the FA Cup, four times in the EFL Trophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Maynard-Brewer
    Thanks @ForeverAddickted. I thought he must've done, but I didn't look far enough back on the V number thread. 2018?!
  • edited November 2022
    Agree with the studio, 'bout time Chuks was able to start games especially in a 4-4-2
    Start him and lose him for six weeks or have him keep coming off the bench and be worth almost a goal every game, whether it’s a goal or an assist.

We’ve done the argument to death on this forum but I know which I’d prefer.
  • stonemuse said:
    Tyreece Campbell coming across as a real decent kid
    Not the most loquacious though. :) If this is him out of his shell, he must've been painfully shy when he was younger.
  • stonemuse said:
    Tyreece Campbell coming across as a real decent kid

cant believe he's not a fan of 2pac. Maybe more of a biggie smalls man like myself. 
  • Brownie's middle name is Byron?! Definitely didn't live up to that one....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!