Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

World Cup 2022 Betting Thread

Lots of markets available, this is the week I guess we’ll see all the enticing offers, interested to see who fancies what.

I think, as many do, it’s Brazil’s time again and have backed them heavily to reach the final (23/10), also had Neymar to win the golden boot which I thought was particularly good odds considering he takes penalties (14/1).

Comments

• William Hill enhancing England to beat Iran from 2/7 to 1/1, £10 max though.  

Even if you’re particularly cautious and not a big gambler you can hedge that so you can’t lose for a small profit.  
  • Bit of advice, you can bet on a team to get 9 points or 0 points from their group, if you fancy this be sure to check out what odds you’d get on doing each of the teams fixtures as an accumulator, you usually get better odds but the bookies obviously want to give you the headline odds on offer which are usually worse.  
  • I have a few small bets i put on the weekend and will no doubt get a few accas
    Benzema top scorer 12/1 - Was thinking Neymar too so might add

To win group:
    Netherlands
    England
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Portugal
    Belgium
    8/1 roughly

Not to qualify from group:
    Mexico
    USA
    Senegal
    Canada
    Serbia
    South Koria
    (a few which should but just adds a bit of fun)
    about 15/1
  • I have a few small bets i put on the weekend and will no doubt get a few accas
    Benzema top scorer 12/1 - Was thinking Neymar too so might add

To win group:
    Netherlands
    England
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Portugal
    Belgium
    8/1 roughly

Not to qualify from group:
    Mexico
    USA
    Senegal
    Canada
    Serbia
    South Koria
    (a few which should but just adds a bit of fun)
    about 15/1
    Them win the group bets always look easy money on paper!

I fancied benzema but he’s been injured not sure how ready he is, class act though could easily nick a hattrick in one game.
  • Ghana, lowest ranked team in the comp, just lost their star keeper 😉 

5.8/1 to get 0 points from their tough group.  
  • Ghana, lowest ranked team in the comp, just lost their star keeper 😉 

5.8/1 to get 0 points from their tough group.  
    Currently playing Switzerland 0-0, don't look terrible
  • edited November 2022
    Ghana 2-0 Switzerland, with about 10 minutes left. Neither team has looked that great, sloppy goals but would not really back Ghana to get zero based on this alone. A friendly so take with a pinch of salt, just watching to see how teams are playing but not much intensity as expected. 

Checked their group after and can see why you fancy it tbf, its not bad possibly all on their game against South Korea, they won't be an easy team as it suggests could knick a draw of one of the top 2? probably not on paper the worst team in the world cup, rankings are deceiving. 
  • edited November 2022
    I cant believe teams are playing friendlies at this stage.

Anyway, had Depay to be Golden Boot winner each way at 25/1, only with the fact (on paper) they have a fairly straight forward path to the QF.

Also has a bet on a real random one - Qatar and Saudi Arabia to lose all their games, Nunez 3+ goals & Modric 1+ goal at 150/1
  • I cant believe teams are playing friendlies at this stage.

Anyway, had Depay to be Golden Boot winner each way at 25/1, only with the fact (on paper) they have a fairly straight forward path to the QF.

Also has a bet on a real random one - Qatar and Saudi Arabia to lose all their games, Nunez 3+ goals & Modric 1+ goal at 150/1
    What’s EW terms on top scorer?  Like that Depay bet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    I cant believe teams are playing friendlies at this stage.

What’s EW terms on top scorer?  Like that Depay bet.
    SkyBet 4 places at 1/4

I like that, who's that with? request a bet? 

Yeah Depay is a good shout, will get a lot of chances and they should get a good run to quarters at least 

I like that, who's that with? request a bet? 

Yeah Depay is a good shout, will get a lot of chances and they should get a good run to quarters at least 
    Yeah on SkyBet, they just have random pre done RequestABet's
  • Outsider EW punt on top scorer seems tempting now I’m thinking Mitrovic, 66s with 365.  He’s the type who’ll run through brick walls for his country, plus he can score the boy!
  • Outsider EW punt on top scorer seems tempting now I’m thinking Mitrovic, 66s with 365.  He’s the type who’ll run through brick walls for his country, plus he can score the boy!
    I think i read him and Vlahovic are just coming back from injuries.
  • On Sky boost/ World cup request a bet specials:
    Treble Argentina, Brazil & France to win their groups 28/1 

It feels like a very good price, granted Argentina and Portugal same group and Denmark in Frances, but for those odds i'm chucking a 5er away

It feels like a very good price, granted Argentina and Portugal same group and Denmark in Frances, but for those odds i'm chucking a 5er away

Just looked at that one as it seemed a great bet but it's actually to win all their group games so probably about the right price

Just looked at that one as it seemed a great bet but it's actually to win all their group games so probably about the right price
    Yeah just had a look, that’s a 9-fold acca essentially, only needs one to rest players for the last game.  

Sorry i am a bit all over the place today, You are correct all their games so about right. Hey ho its on now but i think i just jumped the gun a bit and didn't read it fully :) YOLO 
  • The bookies seem to think we’ll start ultra negative against Iran, ffs Gareth.

• Sponsored links:

• Oh surely he starts Foden…
  • Oh surely he starts Foden…
    We’d be here all night debating who starts cos we’ve got options, all I want is us to have a go, at least four attacking players in the XI.  
  • Put your house on Argentina , buying money,  to win it (from a failed gambler)
  • Put your house on Argentina , buying money,  to win it (from a failed gambler)
    They have a great chance - Brazil a better chance though.

I got the impression they’re an ageing team, maybe I’m wrong.  

The media would love messi lifting it on his last dance. 
  • Every time I work through a predictor I end up with a Brazil/Argentina final. I wouldn't be able to call that so I think I'll just go for them as finalists at 28/1 with bob's lot.
  • IdleHans said:
    Every time I work through a predictor I end up with a Brazil/Argentina final. I wouldn't be able to call that so I think I'll just go for them as finalists at 28/1 with bob's lot.
    I get France beating Argentina in the semis, Brazil in the final all day.
  • IdleHans said:
    Every time I work through a predictor I end up with a Brazil/Argentina final. I wouldn't be able to call that so I think I'll just go for them as finalists at 28/1 with bob's lot.
    I got Brazil / England, although think some bias , still picked Brasilia for the win
  • IdleHans said:
    I get France beating Argentina in the semis, Brazil in the final all day.

Agreed - Brazil v France Final.
  • edited November 2022
    There are certain teams that I shy away from as they are too unreliable. This list includes Ipswich, Stoke and France (and several other accumulator breakers) who have a habit of blowing up, though I can see the argument for France.
    A France Argentina semi would be a great game!
    If the tournament were in Europe I'd possibly have a different opinion but it's effectively neutral territory in footballing terms, so I lean towards the south American sides, Argentina not having lost for ages.
    The joy of football, I suppose, it's hard to predict.