Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton TV - World cup pass

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
Priced at £70 for 7 games it said on some advertisement sent to my email.

Since each game this season has been £10 it doesn't seem like a very good offer? Unless I'm missing something?

Comments

• I won't be able to see all of them, but would certainly sign up on an individual basis. 

Like you I have questions. 
  • just trying to get people to buy in advance i assume & commit to the spend rather than duck out if our results make it less attractive to watch? Not sure why you would as a customer bother to do that though.
  • No incentive at all is it, odd pricing. Streaming here to stay.
  • Since 3 of the 7 games are at home season ticket holders would be mad to sign up for this and also there is no advantage over individual passes at £10 a game.
  • Only difference is you don’t have to use a VPN. Still £10 a pop and not worth buy unless you plan to watch every game in the comfort of … 
  • Please excuse my ignorance,but,do we have to pay 70.00 or can we buy on a game to game basis .
  • Please excuse my ignorance,but,do we have to pay 70.00 or can we buy on a game to game basis .
    You'll still be allowed to buy the game on a match basis
  • edited November 2022
    Please excuse my ignorance,but,do we have to pay 70.00 or can we buy on a game to game basis .
    Should still be for sale ad hoc, like any other game...but isn't very clearly worded
  • Isnt this because you can’t usually legally stream the 3pm kick offs in this country ? 
  • Sponsored links:

You'll still be allowed to buy the game on a match basis
    Of this is correct then that's 2 bollox marking emails received in quick succession. 

It suggests that either our marketing is clueless, or that they think we are. Not a good look either way.
  • Please can anyone signing up for this let us know & also their reason.
    I'm presuming at least one person may, but the only reason I can see is for convenience, as they would have bought the 7 matches separately.
    I'm presuming at least one person may, but the only reason I can see is for convenience, as they would have bought the 7 matches separately.
    Exactly, the one and only reason to buy all seven up front is convenience. However, I still can’t see many doing it unless you live overseas as otherwise I’d imagine most would be taking in at least one home game.
    Exactly, the one and only reason to buy all seven up front is convenience. However, I still can’t see many doing it unless you live overseas as otherwise I’d imagine most would be taking in at least one home game.
    I love in the exotic people's Republic of Yorkshire, unfortunately I won't be attending any of the games and there is absolutely ZERO chance I am buying this "offer".
  • Only 4 of the games are games I won't be there as part of my season ticket.  If they had said £30 for those 4 I would probably have bought. As it is I will do individual ones when I can be bothered (usually about 30% of games I am not going to anyway)
  • To be fair it’s not being advertised as an offer rather just telling you more games are available than normally. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    It is for people who are not going to the games. It is an offer of 7 games for 70 quid including games you cannot usually stream. 

Not sure what the issue is here. 
    This.

I won’t be able to go to the home games as too much on. I will stream all 7 and pay in one hit for convenience. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    It is for people who are not going to the games. It is an offer of 7 games for 70 quid including games you cannot usually stream. 

I guess peoples view is that if the club gave a discount for all 7 and a discount for the 4 games not covered by season tickets it would actually generate more income.

maybe they are wrong but bulk buying discounts have worked well for lots of other retail/leisure businesses for many years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:

This.

I won’t be able to go to the home games as too much on. I will stream all 7 and pay in one hit for convenience. 
    And for every game you miss (if you miss any) you lose £10.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Please can anyone signing up for this let us know & also their reason.
    I love in the exotic people's Republic of Yorkshire, unfortunately I won't be attending any of the games and there is absolutely ZERO chance I am buying this "offer".
    Why?
  • MrOneLung said:

So where is this ‘offer’ of which you speak?
  • I have paid for this option simply as a convenience.
    Great for me as I haven’t been too chipper lately, constantly feeling tired, having some tests done over the next few days.
    Yes, it would have been nice to have been offered even a small discount for all seven games, but saves me the boring chore of signing in each time and also using PayPal and having to sign in with them as well.
  • MrOneLung said:

It is offering you seven games for 70 quid. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Please can anyone signing up for this let us know & also their reason.
    Why?
    Because if I buy them all individually it's still £70.

My time is precious and with the world cup on going I might not be able to watch one, as I have other commitments.

I will probably watch all 7 individually but I won't be stumping up up front with no benefit.
  • MrOneLung said:

The news that everyone can watch live matches is great news for those that can't get to the actual matches.

If the club announced that, I assume that we would all be happy, the fact that it's dressed up as a deal opens the club to criticism. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/watch-every-league-game-live-charltontv-world-cup-pass
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

As opposed to seven individual games at £10 each? I still fail to see where the offer is. Maybe it’s just me.
  • MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

As opposed to seven individual games at £10 each? I still fail to see where the offer is. Maybe it’s just me.
    Surely the wording " the PRICE is..." would have described the issue more clearly....

...but that's far too simplistic, of course. 
  • Inputting it only once instead of 7 times is worth the £70 … gets on my tits all the pfafff