Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mehran Karimi Nasseri - The Terminal - R I P

Incredible story. 

Nasseri lived in Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport from 1988 until 2006, first in legal limbo because he lacked residency papers and later by apparent choice.

Don't think anyone has put this up?

https://www.today.com/news/iranian-inspired-spielbergs-terminal-dies-paris-airport-rcna56949

R I P

Comments

• RIP. His flight finally took off!
  • Well Well Well, how interesting, this says a lot about those on this forum.

Normally when these RIP threads are posted for some 'Z' list celeb or sports star, the clamour of the multitude in a wailing and a shrieking is extreme and yet despite having 151 views, a real human interest story gets zilch apart from @soapy_jones and me.

Presumably the rest of you are Xenophobes!

Normally when these RIP threads are posted for some 'Z' list celeb or sports star, the clamour of the multitude in a wailing and a shrieking is extreme and yet despite having 151 views, a real human interest story gets zilch apart from @soapy_jones and me.

Righto.

Wtf!
  • I have only just seen this post at 09.45 on Nov 12. Prompted me to do a comparison.

RIP Keith Levene - 504 views, 6 comments.  

RIP Dan McCafferty - 797 views, 12 comments. 

Don't know what that says about xenophobia, agrophobia or arachnophobia? 

Anyway. RIP Meharan.    
  • FFS, only on Charlton Life 😂
  • fascinating story ..  Tom Hanks starred in a movie about a similar situation, probably based on this man's story

R I P
  • Remarkable that you hijack your own thread on the same day you started it to make a ridiculous accusation so so much for your important tribute.
    Only just seen this thread myself, perhaps go for a walk take some time off of here?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    I know it's a tremendous blow to all those that loved him and to the many millions who closely followed his career over the decades - goodness knows how his worldwide following (the "Nasseri Army") are going to cope - but I think it might be better for you, @sillav nitram to pay your own, heartfelt condolences and let everyone else grieve in their own way, in their own time.  
  • Indeed what a sad Army of clickers have we turned into.
    Here's one more.
    Rip Nasseri, Rip Alan Kurdi
    Weep for us
  • I find a lot of the “rip” posts on this forum very odd tbh 
  • I get why people post threads on obscure musicians or sports people etc that have some meaning to them. I will often look at the thread to see who they were but will not post if they don’t resonate with me. 

Don’t know this guy, thought the film apparently based on him was shit but that’s just me being bigoted as he was a foreigner apparently