Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stadium announcements, 'hate' etc

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't see a topic heading, but do other stadiums, EFL or otherwise, also play the public announcements that boom out across The Valley at each home game, as I can't recall hearing these in televised matches - or do they get 'dimmed' by sound engineers on TV?

Comments

• I've been told by someone in the know (one of the sound guys 😉)  that it's an EFL edict. Have to do them during the game and the times are already planned by the club beforehand.

I'm sure I've heard one on the tv recently, but can't remember hearing one at Wycombe earlier this season. 
  • I don’t understand how the “text hate to … if you want to report something” thing works. Either you need to save the number in your phone for future events, which seems unlikely, or the issue needs to be happening at precisely the moment that they make the announcement. 
  • I've been told by someone in the know (one of the sound guys 😉)  that it's an EFL edict. Have to do them during the game and the times are already planned by the club beforehand.

I'm sure I've heard one on the tv recently, but can't remember hearing one at Wycombe earlier this season. 
    I don't recall hearing it at recent away games. Certainly nothing last night.
  • Those caught smoking in the toilets have to remain behind after the game. 

Culprits then have to take the cross bar challenge whilst facing a barrage of Brian Cole's announcements, wisecracks and side swipes.  Brian is determined to hone his act and hopes one day to come up with a catchy line to accompany the halfway line, free beer if you hit the bar - but at the next game - not this one ... challenge.   
  • I hate them. And, I don’t recall hearing them at other grounds. PC gone mad imo. 
  • edited November 2022
    Those caught smoking in the toilets have to remain behind after the game clean them after the game.

Culprits then have to take the cross bar challenge whilst facing a barrage of Brian Cole's announcements, wisecracks and side swipes.  Brian is determined to hone his act and hopes one day to come up with a catchy line to accompany the halfway line, free beer if you hit the bar - but at the next game - not this one ... challenge.   

• Sponsored links:

• I went to the Brentford v Gillingham game on Tuesday, an announcement was made that the game would be delayed for 15 minutes due to congestion caused by problems with the trains.
    A further message came over that the game would then be delayed for another five minutes.  I do not know what difference that made.
  • I went to the Brentford v Gillingham game on Tuesday, an announcement was made that the game would be delayed for 15 minutes due to congestion caused by problems with the trains.
    A further message came over that the game would then be delayed for another five minutes.  I do not know what difference that made.
    20 minutes
    Very sharp.
  • They seem to play them just as something positive is happening just to dampen the spirits.
    I acknowledge the "hate" one is a very important message but I think they should be shown before the game and at half time.
  • Certainly didn’t say it at Stevenage on Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been to 5 aways this season so far and don't recall hearing 1 single message at any of those away games.
  • I called it a few times after feeling abused watching what we were serving up on the pitch. Thankfully things have gotten better the past few weeks so it does work. 
  • I was tempted during the first half against Oxford to text them to say that I had seen something offensive............
  • It doesn’t bother me in the slightest.  Hear a few moaning about it around me when it’s announced and always think it’s an odd thing to get upset by.  Especially when we’re getting served up by the likes of MK Dons.
    If anything is fair game to be hateful towards its the franchise and all who support it
  • edited November 2022
    Carter said:
    It doesn’t bother me in the slightest.  Hear a few moaning about it around me when it’s announced and always think it’s an odd thing to get upset by.  Especially when we’re getting served up by the likes of MK Dons.
    If anything is fair game to be hateful towards its the franchise and all who support it
    Agreed, I’m a lot more offended by Dean Lewington than I am the hate announcement.