Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lennie Lawrence joins Hartlepool United

Hartlepool United are delighted to announce that Lennie Lawrence has joined the club as a Non-Executive Director.

The former Middlesbrough Manager will join the board in an advisory role on footballing matters. 

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2022/november/lennie-lawrence-joins-as-non-executive-director/

Comments

• they need all the help they can get
  • That article doesn't mention us, I suppose they don't want to highlight that he became Charlton manager 40 years ago  :)

You've got to admire his love for the game, not many people would still be actively involved in football aged 74, and not at the glamour end either.
    74 😳. How old was he when he managed us? I guess I’m lost by track of time and am also aging fast 
  • That article doesn't mention us, I suppose they don't want to highlight that he became Charlton manager 40 years ago  :)

You've got to admire his love for the game, not many people would still be actively involved in football aged 74, and not at the glamour end either.
    74 😳. How old was he when he managed us? I guess I’m lost by track of time and am also aging fast 
    Young when he started - 35.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    That article doesn't mention us, I suppose they don't want to highlight that he became Charlton manager 40 years ago  :)

Young when he started - 35.
    -35 to 74, 109 years - some of you lot are well old
  • We probably wouldn’t be here discussing any of this stuff - what on earth would @DamoNorthStand have done - if it wasn’t for Lennie. Even if he did suddenly desert us for Middlesbrough. 

He's 74 now and became Charlton manager about 40 years ago, tough maths question that  :D
  • I can’t imagine Lennie dressed as a Smurf.
    He's the right height.
  • He was my late wife's PE teacher at Malory school in 1970 - quite a long working life - he'll stand for American President next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lennie Lawrence first game in charge was at Gay Meadow ShrewsburyTown 27th Nov 82.
    went up to the game and enjoyed a 0-0.
    One of my favorite grounds.

• I liked him until he left.