Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lord Lucan RIP

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    according to the daily mail last week he killed himself & then was fed to the tigers at Aspinal's zoo........ (Aspinal being his best friendg & he went there the night of the murder)

as an aside - I heard a great radio interview with Mark Steele last week promoting his new show, all about him finding his real parents as he was adopted from birth, He found out that his dad wars a prominent gambler in the 70's and was best mates with Lucan.......
  • the moment I caught him with his trousers down, he was dead, in my eyes.
  • stonemuse said:

Nice one Henry ... hadn't come across that before

@stonemuse thought you'd know it.

They were one of bands that came out of Brighton behind the Pirahnhas. There are two really good albums Vantage 78 and Vantage 79 with a lot of similar bands like the Golinski Brothers. Some rubbish too but it always was like that.
  • Lord Lucan dead ?

Only held the title for a few hours - RIP.
  • stonemuse said:

They were one of bands that came out of Brighton behind the Pirahnhas. There are two really good albums Vantage 78 and Vantage 79 with a lot of similar bands like the Golinski Brothers. Some rubbish too but it always was like that.
    Cheers, will check them out
  • cabbles said:

I didn't really know the background behind Lucan, just that he was a famous person that went missing. I didn't know why he went missing, so asked people at my work who filled me in. I now know the backdrop etc. But rather than get drawn in by the story, my interest was piqued about titles. I did some research and the order of titles in the peerage of England is thus

Duke
    Marquess
    Earl
    Viscount
    Baron

That concludes my abstract bit of information from about a thread topic for today. I will endeavour to pick another thread tomorrow and give you all a fact based on that thread

Where's 'Lord' in that list?
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

I didn't really know the background behind Lucan, just that he was a famous person that went missing. I didn't know why he went missing, so asked people at my work who filled me in. I now know the backdrop etc. But rather than get drawn in by the story, my interest was piqued about titles. I did some research and the order of titles in the peerage of England is thus

Duke
    Marquess
    Earl
    Viscount
    Baron

That concludes my abstract bit of information from about a thread topic for today. I will endeavour to pick another thread tomorrow and give you all a fact based on that thread

Shouldnt the proper question be... where is Sir Chris Powell in that list?
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

Duke
    Marquess
    Earl
    Viscount
    Baron

My facts have no time for semantics
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Cheers, will check them out
    @stonemuse vaultage http://www.punkbrighton.co.uk/vaultlpa.html
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    He's a feckin genius...

How did he come up with the idea of becoming Charlton Athletic's set piece coach and then go missing for 40 odd years!

Fair play M'Lud
  • cabbles said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

Duke
    Marquess
    Earl
    Viscount
    Baron

My facts have no time for semantics
    We'll have no discrimination against Jewish people on here thank you.
  • dickplumb said:

I can't believe the nice comments about Lucan. He was a murderer, treated his Wife appallingly, gambler and a coward.

Regular member of the in-bred aristocracy.
  • IA said:

cabbles said:

Duke
    Marquess
    Earl
    Viscount
    Baron

Shouldnt the proper question be... where is Sir Chris Powell in that list?
    Sir Chris Powell is obviously above the list.

I mean I reckon he'd do a good job above the list.
  • edited February 2016
    RIP
  • So much disrespect on here

In the words of large addick - not funny
  • bobmunro said:

cafcfan said:

An old boss of mine, Rodney Galpin, was a dead ringer for Lucan. He once got spotted by an eagle-eyed BBC viewer in the crowd at Wimbledon and got arrested! This is the only photo of him I could find, when he was quite old - but you still get the likeness.

I would suggest the resemblance is passing! I think that eagle-eyed viewer should have gone to Specsavers!
    That's a suggestion, sure. An alternative would be that Rodney was about the same age as Lucan, had the same hair colour and tash and dressed in that well-heeled suited style that all the Lucan pictures of the time portrayed. Then factor in that in the late 1970s TV pictures were not quite HD on 50" OLED screens and that Specsavers didn't exist ...
  • RIP. Disgusted by the lack of respect shown on this thread.
  • How about we give the respect to the Family of the women he killed.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP. Disgusted by the lack of respect shown on this thread.
    I've just read my own comment here and can only assume this was meant to be ironic.  Obvs some work still to do.
  • Exact match my arse, one of them looks all squarey, one doesn't.
  • Could it be that reports of Lucan's death have been greatly exaggerated?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-lord-lucan-breakthrough-mystery-28424279
    Interesting. 

Would be even more interesting if the picture hadn't been pixelated & we could judge it ourselves. 

But it seems like the computer boffins knows his onions so will go with that for now. I wonder if the Met will look into this. Nice little holiday over to OZ for a couple of plod.