Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner’s Sending Off

When was the last time a manager (Home or Opposition) was sent off and went straight towards the tunnel? 

Don’t they normally go straight up to the directors box through the West Stand? 

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    Helped the atmosphere tho
    Indeed it did. Can’t remember that happening the past though 
  • Maybe that’s now in the rules?
  • Garner doesn't come across as someone who would lose his temper.

The ref must have been dreadful 
  • Maybe that’s now in the rules?
    That could well be now very true but who’s to know
  • Dave2l said:
    Garner doesn't come across as someone who would lose his temper.

The ref must have been dreadful 
    He Mentioned afterwards that was his first sending off, which the way he’s been a few times this season does surprise me. Definitely up there with Parkinson and Bowyer for getting involved with officials from the technical area 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    My take on it is he went down the tunnel as he probably wasn’t thinking straight at the time 
  • Sponsored links:

• He said he watched the rest of the match on TV in the tunnel area not the directors box.
  • Crusty54 said:
    He said he watched the rest of the match on TV in the tunnel area not the directors box.
    It worked for Lawrie Sanchez all those years ago.
  • I like to see a bit of passion. I can certainly understand it. The ref was awful and followed on from an awful one on Tuesday. It is going to overflow. Garner loses this job and he might not get another one.
  • edited October 2022
    Platonic man love for Ben Garner:
    That rivals Henry V for motivation, plus Thelma and Louise or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid for a dramatic exit.
  • Now suspended for....?

1 match?
    Pizza cup?
    FA Cup?
    League Cup?
    Next league game?

(I'm still not clear what suspension Innis has, either)

• Personally his gesticulating to the crowd brought a mixture of fright and laughter at the same time. It also reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/NiC679ASOyA
  • Makes me wonder if he unleashes that kind of emotion in the dressing room or training ground sometimes. He normally seems a pretty level headed and logical kind of chap so giving both barrels sometimes would be more effective if done in moderation.