Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff move in for Hudson (ED: Sold for £1m+)

edited June 2009 in Rumours
Not a massive shock really.

Hudson on the move?

Comments

• lets hope they get the millwall fella as well to weaken them *****
  • £700k represents good business for someone we signed for free and didn't perform to expectations
  • I think that Dave Martin of Millwall is a Charlton fan
  • Be very happy with 700k
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Be very happy with 700k

yeah deffo, so 200k it is and thanks for taking his wages off our book
  • Only a good bit of business if we reinvest the money....
  • He's never really rocked my boat. Never quite understood why we did the swap/deal with Palarse.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]£700k represents good business for someone we signed for free and didn't perform to expectations

so.... we brought someone in as captain who didn't perform and was part of the reason we got relegated

but we 'made' £700k

woop woop.
  • [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]so.... we brought someone in as captain who didn't perform and was part of the reason we got relegated

yeah, how much did he really cost us?
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]so.... we brought someone in as captain who didn't perform and was part of the reason we got relegated

yeah, how much did he really cost us?

I thought he was on around £9k so basic wage would have been about £470,000. Doubt he would have made much on his win bonus after last season. So even including wages we’ve made a ¼ million profit. Get Llera in and A.N. Other.
  • Sponsored links:

• £700k we also get a new captain appointed. Llera in and hopefully Fortune on anew contract would be good business. Ward would be a good signing but not sure if we could afford him.
  • Very good deal if we get that much considering he was inconsistent and never completely convincing for us. Dave Jones will probably get more out of him than Pardew and Parkinson did.

And what BRE said, a new captain. Just hope it's not Matt Holland as he's never going to play every game.
  • edited June 2009
    i think warnock called it right about hudson.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Very good deal if we get that much considering he was inconsistent and never completely convincing for us. Dave Jones will probably get more out of him than Pardew and Parkinson did.

And what BRE said, a new captain. Just hope it's not Matt Holland as he's never going to play every game.

Some of us (Latimer was one I remember) suggested Dave Jones as a candidate to succeed Curbs.

A very underrated manager, presumably because he has been tainted by all the court stuff he went through.
  • Nigel w called this one weeks ago.

If it does happen perhaps it would be sensible to "ringfence" most of the £700k to pay Christensen's wages until 2011.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Very good deal if we get that much considering he was inconsistent and never completely convincing for us. Dave Jones will probably get more out of him than Pardew and Parkinson did.

Some of us (Latimer was one I remember) suggested Dave Jones as a candidate to succeed Curbs.

A very underrated manager, presumably because he has been tainted by all the court stuff he went through.

Funnily enough he was on breakfast TV this morning actually being interviewed live in the studio(think it was BBC) re his autobiography which is just being released entitled...No smoke no Fire.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]£700k represents good business for someone we signed for free and didn't perform to expectations

agreed
  • yeah how we gonna get rid of gray though? Or perhaps if we brought in someone who could cross/supply consistently we wouldn't need to?
  • andy gray could be a brilliant player in league one, but his wages are the problem.
  • Apparently didn't turn up for training last week despite the deal not yet being complete - this according to someone on 606

no loss IMO just hope Llera turns out to be a rough diamond
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I think that Dave Martin of Millwall is a Charlton fan

Used to drink in and play for The Plume in Plumstead.
  • quote on the bbc website form peter risdale, saying they have had a bid accepted for an "unnamed centre back"
  • It won't be £700k, that is for sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It won't be £700k, that is for sure.

I heard 700k RISING to 1m with add-on's !!
  • I'd be very happy if it was Large. Good business anyway with Llera in on a free.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcbrown[/cite]quote on the bbc website form peter risdale, saying they have had a bid accepted for an "unnamed centre back"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8125019.stm
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It won't be £700k, that is for sure.

I heard 700k RISING to 1m with add-on's !!

Thats right, but the add-on is based on International appearances ;)
  • Sorry, i'm hopeless at doing the "quotey" thing, but just had to laugh at Bexley Red's post.....

"good buiness anyway,with Llera in on a free "

That's EXCATELY what most people on here said last year when MacCathy went to Palace and we got Hudson in........ a fee for MacCarthy and Hudson in for nothing.

better be careful for what you hope for.........it may well come true.
  • Like I said then Golfie, good business.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcbrown[/cite]quote on the bbc website form peter risdale, saying they have had a bid accepted for an "unnamed centre back"[/quote]

Hudson has a name though - Hudson - so it cant be him.