Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LINCOLN AWAY TICKETS NOW ON SALE

edited September 2022 in Match Day Travel

Tickets are now on general sale for Charlton's Sky Bet League One match at Lincoln City.

The club have received an allocation of 1,500 for the trip to LNER Stadium on Saturday, October 8th (3pm).

Click here to purchase your ticket for Lincoln v Charlton.

PRICES

Adult: £24

Over 65/U22: £19

U18: £10

Ambulant Disabled: Available at the relevant price and the helper goes free.

Wheelchair Bays: Four bays are available at the relevant price and the helper goes free.

VALLEY AWAY

Away coach travel will be available for the trip to Lincoln via the club's Valley Away service, priced at £24 with the following pick-up points and times: 

COACH ONE

Bromley: 8.55am

Eltham: 9.15am

Charlton: 9.30am

COACH TWO

Larkfield: 8.20am

Gravesend: 8.45am

Dartford: 9am

Bexleyheath: 9.15am

Click here to visit the club's ticketing site.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/lincoln-away-tickets-now-sale

Train information

As yet no strikes have been announced for this day, any strikes would have to be announced on Friday 23rd September.

Comments

• Clive, you have the O65/U22 priced at £15, the site is asking for £19
  • Thanks, I'll wait to hear about any strikes before thinking about this!
  • edited September 2022
    Matchday travel made difficult by LNER work, thought I'd been screwed but my train tickets (via Newark) account for it
  • Leuth said:
    Matchday travel made difficult by LNER work, thought I'd been screwed but my train tickets (via Newark) account for it
    Made even more difficult now.
    More than 40,000 workers from Network Rail and 15 train operators will strike on 8 October, their union has announced.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62999136
  • Grrrrr.

What are the chances this will be resolved and the strike called off? Hence, how long should I leave it before getting a refund? And then how the hell do I get to the game?
  •  Cheesed me right off. 12 of us got train tickets three weeks only to hear the news of another poxy strike. Maybe a mini bus or maybe another boys away day 
  • Had this Email today from LNER

We are getting in touch to make you aware of major Network Rail planned engineering works that will be taking place in the Newcastle area and will affect services across our route 1 to 9 October 2022.

There will be significant disruption for an extended nine-day period. Journeys between Newcastle and Edinburgh will be affected during this time, with some services diverted via the West Coast Main Line or by coach replacement, resulting in longer travel times.

LNER services to and from Harrogate, Bradford, Lincoln, Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hull, Selby, Brough and Sunderland will also be affected. Customers in these areas should use local services to connect with LNER services on the East Coast Main Line.

Following the completion of the work, some services will be amended on Monday 10 October.

Please also be aware that trade union members are planning industrial action on Saturday 1 and Wednesday 5 October 2022. We are reviewing the impact of this proposed action but expect an extremely limited timetable to be in place.

During this period, we are advising customers to check before they travel and ensure they have a  seat reservation  as we are expecting trains to be extremely busy.

These essential works are being carried out by Network Rail to create a more reliable and modern railway. More information is available here. 

Thank you in advance for your patience, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

The LNER Team

• Had this Email today from LNER

We are getting in touch to make you aware of major Network Rail planned engineering works that will be taking place in the Newcastle area and will affect services across our route 1 to 9 October 2022.

There will be significant disruption for an extended nine-day period. Journeys between Newcastle and Edinburgh will be affected during this time, with some services diverted via the West Coast Main Line or by coach replacement, resulting in longer travel times.

LNER services to and from Harrogate, Bradford, Lincoln, Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hull, Selby, Brough and Sunderland will also be affected. Customers in these areas should use local services to connect with LNER services on the East Coast Main Line.

Following the completion of the work, some services will be amended on Monday 10 October.

Please also be aware that trade union members are planning industrial action on Saturday 1 and Wednesday 5 October 2022. We are reviewing the impact of this proposed action but expect an extremely limited timetable to be in place.

During this period, we are advising customers to check before they travel and ensure they have a  seat reservation  as we are expecting trains to be extremely busy.

These essential works are being carried out by Network Rail to create a more reliable and modern railway. More information is available here. 

Thank you in advance for your patience, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

The LNER Team

All completely irrelevant 30 minutes after they sent it
  • It’s getting so a pain trying to plan away days. Another might end up driving 
  •  Allocation: 1,500 | Sold: 308

• Sponsored links:

• Just applied for my refund for my rail tickets with Trainline and booked on to Valley Away. Haven't done the coach to a game for years, but my 7y.o. is desperate to go, so we'll see how it goes!
  • It’s getting so a pain trying to plan away days. Another might end up driving 
    Lincoln last season was a great day trip, but because you could go by train, and then could have time for a bit of sightseeing and a beer or 3. Having to drive massively downgrades the experience, and I'm not sure I want to make a weekend out of it, staying overnight.
  • Ticket just arrived through the letter box. Was a nightmare for some last year to get hone by train. Can't go Saturday or now the Exeter games, the former due to train strikes. Having a long weekend again and hope we can reverse last years fixtures.
  • edited September 2022
    After pre booked train tickets for a boys day out, and thanks to a strike that mucks up everyone’s life, we have now hired a minibus 
  • Following a summer transfer from a village in Kent to a village in Lincolnshire this is now a local fixture for me. 
  • Allocation: 1,500 | Sold: 357

• any update on whether I should get a rail refund? also how the hell do i get there
  • Leuth said:
    any update on whether I should get a rail refund? also how the hell do i get there
    MegaBus .. Finchley Rd to Nottingham > Bus to Lincoln .. be a very long day 
  • Okay...LNER have not cancelled my tickets but have moved me onto an earlier train out. Apparently they're still going to be running a few services. Fingers crossed the situation holds 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Okay...LNER have not cancelled my tickets but have moved me onto an earlier train out. Apparently they're still going to be running a few services. Fingers crossed the situation holds 
    Good luck with that Leuth.
    Can you please provide hourly updates, I will be looking forward to the train updates from you  more than the match thread.
  • Leuth said:
    Okay...LNER have not cancelled my tickets but have moved me onto an earlier train out. Apparently they're still going to be running a few services. Fingers crossed the situation holds 
    Leuth seriously get the train tickets refunded.

• Well, my tickets out are the best way to get there. Will see about getting a coach back, or something
  • Or spend the night in Lincoln...
  • Lincoln City CentreLeuth said:

Leuth said:
    Or spend the night in Lincoln...

0.2 miles away from lincoln
    4 stars
    545 reviews
    From 

£128.99

Lincoln Thorpe on the Hill
    5 miles away from lincoln
    4 stars
    564 reviews
    From 

£77.99

View hotel

@Leuth .. Saturday night 'cheap' Lincoln hotels
  • edited October 2022
    Not a bad rate. Anyone know how many tickets we have sold, cant see it being too many considering form and rail issues. 
  • Lovely looking town is Lincoln. Nice church.