Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club Shop RIP

It is sad to report the demise of the Charlton Athletic Club Shop, which has ceased to supply the usual wide range of products that we all like to see and where we are happy to spend our hard earned cash on match days. During the summer, much of the shelving was removed and it now only stocks Castore brand clothing. No longer can you purchase programmes, handbooks, scarves, tea mugs, player photos, badges, key rings, autograph books,drink holders, wallets, pens, footballs, kit bags, calendars, books or all the usual items that are readily available in the other 91 club shops. What a disgraceful state of affairs. Did we really want our Club Shop to have become the Castore Clothes Store?

Comments

• Project break even 
  • Another nail in the coffin.
  • More like project sod the club up, Dave.
  • I tweeted the club earlier about the shop and online merchandise 
  • there will surely be a 'fire sale' of all the remaining CAFC related merchandise .. IF the shop was a real money spinner, I am sure Sandy would not have let it go or is Castore paying a nice rent for the premises ?
  • Was looking on there only a couple of days ago, at kits for my nephew and noticed that there weren't the usual other bits of "merch" that you'd usually expect to see on there. Was hoping to maybe get a club football and maybe a cap, but all I could find were the kits (only the white away one available in his size)
  • Sponsored links:

• Sandgaard doing the things Roland always wanted to do.
    What is the protest level threshold? Anyone know?
  • https://shop.wolves.co.uk/gifts-accessories/souvenirs/

It's possible as Wolves have such gifts and souvenirs on sale in their shop.

Castore just aren't capable, IMHO, of servicing all the clubs/teams they've taken on, their middle managers can't make decisions and the club has outsourced the shop so has no real clout in this.
  • Suppose if no-ones buying it, they're gonna axe it, but maybe the answer would be to work towards generating more interest in the Club, and interest in the merchandise would follow.

Race to the bottom.......
  • Sandgaard doing the things Roland always wanted to do.
    What is the protest level threshold? Anyone know?
    Thomas has been put in place by Roland ‘theory’: interesting…
  • there will surely be a 'fire sale' of all the remaining CAFC related merchandise .. IF the shop was a real money spinner, I am sure Sandy would not have let it go or is Castore paying a nice rent for the premises ?
    raises the question, presumably Sandy/CAFC get no rent from Castore, Duchatelet is he shop's owner ?
  • Gribbo said:
    Suppose if no-ones buying it, they're gonna axe it, but maybe the answer would be to work towards generating more interest in the Club, and interest in the merchandise would follow.

Race to the bottom.......
    As Kevin Costner once said “if you stock it, they will come” 
    raises the question, presumably Sandy/CAFC get no rent from Castore, Duchatelet is he shop's owner ?
    Presumably TS lease is over the full freehold which would include the shop so if Castore are renting they would still rent from TS as a sub tenant.  Can't imagine RD wanting to have control of renting the shop, wouldn't be worth the hassle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    Surprised no-one has mentioned the lack of Gnomes.
    Or fridge magnets.

Castore just aren't capable, IMHO, of servicing all the clubs/teams they've taken on, their middle managers can't make decisions and the club has outsourced the shop so has no real clout in this.
    Our contract with Castore will say what the club shop should be selling. Presumably (I hope) the contract also states that Castore will stock general Charlton merchandise as well as Castore clothing. And indeed other clothing, such as replica "vintage" shirts.

Our contract with Castore will say what the club shop should be selling. Presumably (I hope) the contract also states that Castore will stock general Charlton merchandise as well as Castore clothing. And indeed other clothing, such as replica "vintage" shirts.
    I posed a similar question last week & asked if TS or whoever he put in charge of checking/agreeing said contract knew what they were signing up to....

Maybe the phrase "read the small print" isn't one used much in Colorado. 

I posed a similar question last week & asked if TS or whoever he put in charge of checking/agreeing said contract knew what they were signing up to....

What was the answer?

What was the answer?
    No one on here ventured to guess.....
  • The shop issue was raised at the fans forum last but minutes yet to released.

What was the answer?
    No one on here ventured to guess.....
    I wonder what answer TS would have given?
    probably just more deflection, getting tiresome how his interactions with the fanbase are clearly just an inconvenience now.
    Has he been spotted in The Oak recently?
  • Looking for a Charlton key fob...  WTF!!!!