Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Squad (September 2022)

Matches: Italy (A), Germany (H)

Out: Conor Gallagher, James Justin, Ben White, Jordan Pickford
In:  Dean Henderson, Luke Shaw, Ben Chilwell, Eric Dier, Ivan Toney

Comments

• edited September 2022
    Will Toney be a Steve Bull type of pick or do people think he’s better than that?
  • This has made me realise how out of touch I am with top level football, never heard of Marc Guehi and Fikayo Tomori and didn't know Sterling was at Chelsea now.

Must pay more attention..... 

• edited September 2022
    Why no Pickford - Still feels he is England's best Goalkeeper, especially after the June Internationals

Dont feel as though we should be pissing around seeing these are our last two games before the World Cup

Edit: Just seen he's injured
  • Do keep up at the back!
  • Who will start in goal for England? Pope?
  • Think Sancho can feel a touch unlucky…… on form he gets in ahead of Bowen for me 
  • Luke Shaw???? He played 20 minutes today and prior to that hadn't kicked a ball in anger since 13th August when he was substituted at half time with United 4-0 down to Brentford. His only other appearance was in a home defeat to Brighton. There is no United game this weekend either. 
  • se9addick said:
    Who will start in goal for England? Pope?
    Ramsdale I suspect
  • Strange why Ben White was left out, whereas the out of form Maguire was kept.
  • Odd also there's no room for Sancho who has been decent this year yet he finds room to stuff the defence with players like Guehi and Coady.
  • Sponsored links:

• Strange why Ben White was left out, whereas the out of form Maguire was kept.
    I guess he's been playing at right back, and we've already got 17 of them
  • edited September 2022
    Toney aside, it's a squad that pretty much confirms that club form means nothing, as a lot of that squad are only in on past performances.

Shaw, Maguire, Phillips, Mount, Grealish and Bowen have all either hardly played or been piss poor this season.

Southgate also clearly has some kind of vendetta against James Maddison. 18 goals from midfield last season, 2 already this. Doesn't get a look in. Compare that with Mount 13 goals last season, 0 this. But of course he plays for Chelsea so he's in. 

How do Grealish and Bowen get in on current form ahead of Sancho?
  • all power to Toney .. I saw him play a few times at Scunthorpe where he scored a few but gave the impression of being lazy and petulant, perhaps a symptom of being loaned out too often .. Newcastle surely now regret not persevering with him, he has found a home by the Thames at Brentford it seems