Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League “All Star” Game

Put forward by Chelsea’s new American owner Todd Boehly. An annual “North vs South All Star” match.

Thoughts?

Comments

• I’d prefer a “State of Origin” type thing like they do on Aussie Rules (I think, some Australian sport anyway). North v South based on where you were born. Not sure wha we would do with the midlands. 
  • what will he think when his multi-million pound new signing gets injured playing in it

he can keep his yank crap
  • A "new" idea from America? Kids will be all over it like trick or treat/prom night... 
  • I always liked the idea of an "All-Star" tournament consisting of teams from the major leagues in the non international summers. I appreciate I'm in the minority but I think it would be quite fun. 

Also, I know that none of our players would get injured in it.

Ultimately though, as @Leroy Ambrose rightly highlighted years ago when this discussion was had on here before, these games basically just become an exhibition as no one wants to get injured. 

The skills competition that runs alongside the NHL one for example is actually a better watch than the games themselves.
  • English v The World would be better imo. 
  • se9addick said:
    I’d prefer a “State of Origin” type thing like they do on Aussie Rules (I think, some Australian sport anyway). North v South based on where you were born. Not sure wha we would do with the midlands. 
    Do the Carabao Cup System, so We get Walsall in the South.
  • Depends where  "North" starts I suppose. Leicester ?  Villa ? Manchester  ?
  • Sponsored links:

North Woolwich
  • Rather than north v south, how about how about top 2 v the rest
  • How American.
  • While we are at it, maybe we could rename the FA Cup Final the 'Superball'.

• bobmunro said:
    While we are at it, maybe we could rename the FA Cup Final the 'Superball'.

Don't give them ideas Bob 😩
  • The first step to us one day playing in the English Channel Conference of the National Soccer League.

If we win the play offs, we'll be World Champions 
  • Now that I’m thinking about it, why do we play the game with only one ball?
  • cafctom said:
    “Fund the pyramid”

Thats his way of trying to get the idea respected by the masses, but this would end up being absolutely all about making money from themselves and the Premier League.

The big 6 do not care about the pyramid whatsoever.
    Of course trying to fund the pyramid is a noble idea 

• Sponsored links:

• East v West would work better.
    According to Dale Stephens, it’s Brighton.
  • Stupid idea, it would be better to just do it where 44 players get nominated as All Stars (4 per position) and the top 2 coaches, and they 'draft' teams from that pool and then play a game using those teams, have it sponsored by EA and link it to their "Ultimate Team" game mode, at least then it would be more marketable and make more sense.

Still think it's a dumb idea and Boehly needs to get in the sea for bringing it up
  • Might I suggest that anyone complaining about the Americanisation of football ask themselves whether in 2016 they voted for the permanent and irreversible Americanisation of the UK?
  • as Maggie Thatcher might have said .. no no no and a few more nos on top
    Watford.