Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Broadband issues. How long should you have to wait?

Currently on day 20 of having trouble with wifi and home phone going off.
Sometimes up to 6 hours a day.
Virgin media done an upgrade to the systems on August 11th, since then the problems started.
At 1st we were told we were the only ones in the area with the problem then were told others had the problem including our next door neighbours.
To cut a long story short 
Our neighbours had an engineer out , weve had 2 engineers out.
Hours and hours on the phone , last friday 4 different phone calls on phone for 1 1/2 hours.
The last of the phone calls 45 minutes where I was be put through to manager to then be cut off after the 45 minutes.
Raised a complaint with them online to check back a couple of days later to be told there is no complaint.
I'd of stopped my direct debit a week ago , but the wifes told me no.
How long do you wait?

Comments

• Ring them up and tell them you’re cancelling. They’ll soon sort it out 
  • clb74 said:
    Currently on day 20 of having trouble with wifi and home phone going off.
    Sometimes up to 6 hours a day.
    Virgin media done an upgrade to the systems on August 11th, since then the problems started.
    At 1st we were told we were the only ones in the area with the problem then were told others had the problem including our next door neighbours.
    To cut a long story short 
    Our neighbours had an engineer out , weve had 2 engineers out.
    Hours and hours on the phone , last friday 4 different phone calls on phone for 1 1/2 hours.
    The last of the phone calls 45 minutes where I was be put through to manager to then be cut off after the 45 minutes.
    Raised a complaint with them online to check back a couple of days later to be told there is no complaint.
    I'd of stopped my direct debit a week ago , but the wifes told me no.
    How long do you wait?
    There’s your first problem. 
  • My laptop has been dropping out (nothing else). Virgin engineer called today and said my 5? year old laptop wasn't compatible with the new hub they sent recently. Told me to buy a wireless USB adaptor from Amazon. 
  • My laptop has been dropping out (nothing else). Virgin engineer called today and said my 5? year old laptop wasn't compatible with the new hub they sent recently. Told me to buy a wireless USB adaptor from Amazon. 
    Some laptop network cards are rubbish. I would not be surprised if you have a Killer card in your machine. Buy an Intel replacement card from Amazon (make sure it is compatible) and replace it yourself - easy as anything.
  • edited September 2022
    I left Virgin Media last year - now with BT for a year via a Sky deal and I am so impressed. (Consistent speeds as promised, no down time)
  • Send them a strongly worded fax.