Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where have the draft posts gone?

I usually do the beat the bookie post in cribs and drabs.
started this morning and went to carry on but can’t find ‘my drafts’ bit anymore?

Comments

• Which version of the site are you using, and which browser? I sometimes find if I don't remember to click on "Save Draft" before I leave the page, it doesn't save, especially if the post is a very long one (got caught out on that doing the Bitesize once or twice). If you don't have any active drafts it won't show you the option in the sidebar menu, but you can double check by going directly to https://forum.charltonlife.com/drafts or https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/drafts
  • Thanks.
    Not really tech savvy but think it’s what is known as the full version and on safari.
    clicked on link and says I have no drafts.
    Never happened before as im sure there’s some sort of auto save?
    not to worry, I’ll do it again but will have to be tomorrow.
  • They’re gone with the wind 
  • Thanks.
    Not really tech savvy but think it’s what is known as the full version and on safari.
    clicked on link and says I have no drafts.
    Never happened before as im sure there’s some sort of auto save?
    not to worry, I’ll do it again but will have to be tomorrow.
    It should autosave, but sometimes it doesn't. One of the reasons that it fails to save is if you have really long posts, as there's a character limit in the script (which is why on busy days the Bitesize would be in 2 or 3 bits as I couldn't save the draft otherwise). If you do hit that problem, it's worth clicking the < / > button to check the coding of your post, as if you've copied and pasted from elsewhere you can get a shedload of invisible characters being introduced that you're not aware of. Another reason is if you lose your internet connection while the draft is trying to save, then the script falls over and it doesn't save, but the error message for that is easy to overlook, as it comes up on the lefthand side of the screen.
  • This is a joke right? They're everywhere!
    'Draft' not 'Daft'
    Ignore me. Thought it said daft!