Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Starts Tonight 29/7

About time too

Ist game, Huddersfield v Burnley on Sky .. Hudds narrowly beaten in last seasons Champs play off final, Burnley relegated (at last) from the Prem
Wholesale changes to both playing staffs, Burnley especially, both under new managers
I'm expecting an away win, should be a decent, if very tight  game

I hope that all my fellow Addicks and your Addickted friends enjoy a great season and that come Easter we're all looking forward to spending 23/24 in the Champ .. Come On Youse Addicksaaahh !!

Comments

• Cheers Lincs... I remembered earlier there was a game on tonight, but had already forgotten by this point
  • Josh Cullen starts for Burnley
  • Josh Cullen starts for Burnley
    I'd forgotten about him at Burney .. be good to see him tonight playing under a manager who must believe in good attacking football
  • AND the impressive Twine on the bench for Burnley .. 5 subs this season remember
  • Ian Maatsen also starts for Burnley. 

Burnley are an interesting one. I thought they’d struggle this year but they’ve made some really good signings. Looking forward to seeing how they get on.

Burnley are an interesting one. I thought they’d struggle this year but they’ve made some really good signings. Looking forward to seeing how they get on.
    and they have kept the seemingly indestructible Ashley Barnes .. and signed a massive young Swiss/Kosovan keeper

And its Maatsen who opens the scoring... Lovely finish
  • 1-0 Burnley.

Maatsen scores with his right foot.
  • Burnley look absolutely class here
  • Quality pass from Cullen to release the right back 1v1 but the goalkeeper makes a smart save.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh to have Ian Maatsen in our team now. He’s maturing into a fine baller and has scored a very good goal tonight
  • Surely Kompany is famous enough for it to be Vincent Kompany's Burnley?
  • Loved the "oles" the Burnley fans were singing. As much as I think Dyche did an absolutely brilliant job at Burnley for almost a decade, I'm not sure they sang that on many occasions when he was in charge. The proof will be if Burnley can maintain this for the course of the season.
  • 30 mins and Huddersfield barely got out of their own half. Home fans starting to get aggy. Great to have football back..!
  • Cullen is pulling all the strings as he does and Maatsen looks like the player we hoped he would be for us.
  • Is JBG still injured?
  • Burnley are going to lose this 2-1 arent they!! - Amount of chances they're wasting
  • WTF have they done to Maatsen since he was with us ? He's been magnificent 
  • Burnley's no. 44 up front looks like their only weak link. Surprised that Twine isn't playing ahead of him.
  • Sponsored links:

I always rated Maatsen. His few shortcomings were a product of his age / inexperience rather than talent.
  • Maatsen almost free to do what he wants down the left .. there won't be many Champ midfields as good as Cork. Brownhill and Cullen this season .. Hudds MUST regret not appointing an experienced manager after coming so close last season
  • Vincent Company looks to have done a great job there. Burnley press like City and 75 per cent possession away from home us mad 
  • Pretty important half-time team talk for the new Huddy manager
  • Maatsen best player on the pitch, Cullen possibly second best.
  • Loved the "oles" the Burnley fans were singing. As much as I think Dyche did an absolutely brilliant job at Burnley for almost a decade, I'm not sure they sang that on many occasions when he was in charge. The proof will be if Burnley can maintain this for the course of the season.
    Dyche was a pragmatist ..  in the Prem, he knew his budget teams had no chance outpassing and outscoring the rich kids .. in the Champ before they were promoted, his sides played good football 
    He had some good games at Coventry last season, we Charltonised him 
  • edited July 2022
    Didnt realise there was a game on tonight until I read it on the Neighbours thread. I hope the last 10 mins are good as I'm giving up Natalie Imbruglia for this.
  • That's how you cross the ball !!  Maartsen was excellent there. 
  • Maatsen was always good