Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFT sponsorship

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
Originally posted in the kits/Castore thread but thought it should have a separate thread.

Not sure how I feel about the kits promoting this… NFTs are murky business.

Comments

• I can see Charlton fans/football fans investing losing their money in this.
    Fools and their money are soon parted.
  • I posted it in the crypto thread also. I've joined the discord, apparently there will be some freebies for us fans 
  • Crypto is not the same but has some similarities and is open to fraudsters.
    There was a woman on the TV today who had lost (with her family) £250K to the below scam.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jul/01/fbi-offers-100000-reward-for-help-finding-onecoin-cryptoqueen-ruja-ignatova
  • This the next stage in the Lee family connections?

First we had Robert's son in Elliott, now Robert's Dad?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Has that picture been posted anywhere or am I being thick? Looks like someone's photoshopped a moody nft project onto our kit and looked for a bite on twitter 
  • edited July 2022
    CAFCsayer said:
    Has that picture been posted anywhere or am I being thick? Looks like someone's photoshopped a moody nft project onto our kit and looked for a bite on twitter 
    I believe it to be genuine. There was advertising in the ground for Robot's Dad at the Swansea friendly.
  • Where can I buy a jpeg of a robot for £500?
  • Nothing wrong with NFT's when they are used properly. In fact they will revolutionise certain industries that will become evident as Web3 develops over the coming years.

This looks nothing more than a "Panini stickers" type use of NFT's and will be harmless enough and I suspect of little interest to the majority and average Charlton fan.

If you didn't hide under the table during the advent of the Internet, you should be fine with NFT's in the future.
    Not quite sure how this comparison was landed on. Sort of like saying you shouldn't be wary of magic beans if you're not scared of rain.
  • edited July 2022
    Nothing wrong with NFT's when they are used properly. In fact they will revolutionise certain industries that will become evident as Web3 develops over the coming years.

This looks nothing more than a "Panini stickers" type use of NFT's and will be harmless enough and I suspect of little interest to the majority and average Charlton fan.

If you didn't hide under the table during the advent of the Internet, you should be fine with NFT's in the future.
    Not quite sure how this comparison was landed on. Sort of like saying you shouldn't be wary of magic beans if you're not scared of rain.
    If you look back at the advent of the internet, some people were wary of it's potential for good and were dismissing that potential before it had been developed in earnest. We are at a similar juncture with NFT's IMHO
  • edited July 2022
    Two hour documentary which does an excellent job on some of this stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_xWvX1n9g
  • I haven’t a clue what a NFT is. 
    Can someone, in simple terms and few words, explain briefly what and why. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing wrong with NFT's when they are used properly. In fact they will revolutionise certain industries that will become evident as Web3 develops over the coming years.

If you look back at the advent of the internet, some people were wary of it's potential for good and were dismissing that potential before it had been developed in earnest. We are at a similar juncture with NFT's IMHO
    Absolute fucking bobbins. There is no inherent value in NFTs. They're a cash out scheme for people stuck in the crypto ponzi. There is, and always has been massive inherent value in 'the Internet' - trying to compare the NFT scam to 'the Internet' because it might one day be useful in Web 3.0 is like trying to compare swapping panini stickers in the playground with global currency trading. 

And don't even bother trying to paint me as someone who might have been 'scared of the Internet' (🤣🤣🤣), since I've forgotten more than you and every other cryptobro will ever know about technology.

So all NFT's are crypto Ponzi schemes........ https://queue-it.com/blog/exciting-future-nft-trends/
  • se9addick said:
    Hope we got the sponsorship money upfront.
    Good point.

We have a bit of a history of sponsors running out of money... :-)
  • You down with NFT
    Yeah you know me!
  • edited July 2022
    Nothing wrong with NFT's when they are used properly. In fact they will revolutionise certain industries that will become evident as Web3 develops over the coming years.

Absolute fucking bobbins. There is no inherent value in NFTs. They're a cash out scheme for people stuck in the crypto ponzi. There is, and always has been massive inherent value in 'the Internet' - trying to compare the NFT scam to 'the Internet' because it might one day be useful in Web 3.0 is like trying to compare swapping panini stickers in the playground with global currency trading. 

And don't even bother trying to paint me as someone who might have been 'scared of the Internet' (🤣🤣🤣), since I've forgotten more than you and every other cryptobro will ever know about technology.

So all NFT's are crypto Ponzi schemes........ https://queue-it.com/blog/exciting-future-nft-trends/
    There's not a single thing in there that is innovative or even necessary. It's mostly just ways of fractionalising an item, which the buyers do not get to own in any real way, in order to make yet more profit off it. In fact one of the things listed on that article is putting NFTs up as collateral for loans, which is an extremely excellent way to lose everything when your picture of a cartoon monkey loses 90% of its value overnight because it's a picture of a cartoon monkey with absolutely no regulation or real world value. And 90,000 other people have right clicked on the JPEG and put it on their Pinterest anyway because of course they have. And then actually someone else has sold that same picture to 100 different people after claiming they owned it when actually they didn't, because stealing artwork and scamming others is the cornerstone of the NFT market. And that's all without the ridiculous environmental impact that NFTs have. I am not psyched about our shorts advertising an environmentally destructive, unregulated pyramid scheme. 
    Stealing nfts and selling someone else's work/images as your own are two completely different things. 

Luckily things like the blockchain, mean buying a stolen image isn't very likely if you have half a clue what you are doing. 

If the club sell a nft of TS rocking out on the halfway line, it's traced back to them 

Thank god money isn't volatile, easy to manipulate and loses value over night !