Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pub for the Euro Final - Sidcup-ish?

Coming over this weekend, house swopping with mates so we are staying in Footscray Lane. Looking for a pub within striking distance that isn't a Weatherspoons, sells real ale and will definitely have the football on?

Don't mind a bus ride or a reasonable walk.

Any suggestions please?    

Comments

• edited July 2022
    O'Neills in Bromley or Hill Top Tap Sidcup are usually good for football.
    Probably need to get to both early for a seat.
    I haven't personally checked that they are showing this game.
  • O'Neills in Bromley or Hill Top Tavern Sidcup are usually good for football.
    Cheers CE - Top Hill Tap are showing it, but I wasn't sure about the beer? Their online drinks menu seems to concentrate on poncey and alcohol free drinks, no indication of any beer. 
  • O'Neills in Bromley or Hill Top Tavern Sidcup are usually good for football.
    Cheers CE - Top Hill Tap are showing it, but I wasn't sure about the beer? Their online drinks menu seems to concentrate on poncey and alcohol free drinks, no indication of any beer. 
    They definitely do a few different beers and when I went in a few months back it was as cheap as chips - dunno if they had a promotion on or just rang it up wrong but they charged me £3.15 for a pint of Pride.

Mind you, it was rank and I very nearly didnt finish it ..... nearly.
  • Off_it said:
    O'Neills in Bromley or Hill Top Tavern Sidcup are usually good for football.
    They definitely do a few different beers and when I went in a few months back it was as cheap as chips - dunno if they had a promotion on or just rang it up wrong but they charged me £3.15 for a pint of Pride.

Mind you, it was rank and I very nearly didnt finish it ..... nearly.
    Thanks for the info mate. 
  • If you want a seat at Hill Top Tap it's probably worth booking a table specifying on drop down it's for sports viewing. They have quite a few TV's. I think they charge £20 for a booking & you have to eat.
    I presume the £20 comes off the bill.
    It's a "normal" pub, quite loud and mainly younger crowd.
  • If you want a seat at Hill Top Tap it's probably worth booking a table specifying on drop down it's for sports viewing. They have quite a few TV's. I think they charge £20 for a booking & you have to eat.
    I presume the £20 comes off the bill.
    It's a "normal" pub, quite loud and mainly younger crowd.
    Thanks again CE, appreciate your kind help. 
  • Bit of a trek from Sidcup, Algarve, but the Deserter pub in New Cross, the Shirker’s Rest is definitely showing it.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Bit of a trek from Sidcup, Algarve, but the Deserter pub in New Cross, the Shirker’s Rest is definitely showing it.
    Thanks Vince. We won't make it Sunday, but we'll do our best to get there while we are over.   
  • Vincenzo said:
    Bit of a trek from Sidcup, Algarve.
    Yep