Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amazon Prime

Ordered an D.V.D on prime and was told it would be next day.But dit not come untill a day later.Any one know if I can claim compensation

Comments

• I genuinely hope not.
  • It's a bit annoying when this happens as you pay for a premium service. Amazon have excellent customer services,  have a webchat with them, you may get a months refund.
  • If you can be bothered to moan they’ll give you a voucher or partial refund. Seems a bit petty to me though 
  • If you can be bothered to moan they’ll give you a voucher or partial refund. Seems a bit petty to me though 
    Depends if it was a time sensitive purchase surely. 

• MrOneLung said:
    If you can be bothered to moan they’ll give you a voucher or partial refund. Seems a bit petty to me though 

Yeah fair I suppose and time of purchase. If bought at 8pm then not entirely reasonable to expect it next day. 9am probably a different story. Personally id only complain if it happened more than once as these things happen 
  • MrOneLung said:
    If you can be bothered to moan they’ll give you a voucher or partial refund. Seems a bit petty to me though 

Yeah fair I suppose and time of purchase. If bought at 8pm then not entirely reasonable to expect it next day. 9am probably a different story. Personally id only complain if it happened more than once as these things happen 
    With Prime you need to be careful. Not all Prime deliveries are next day regardless of time of order. There is a little tick box to the left that allows you to select next day delivery as a filter. 
  • MrOneLung said:

You need to check when you order it, as often it will say next day on the item page, then when you put it you basket it changes. So when you pay for the order, it will not be next day. It’s happened a couple of times to me. I cancelled the order and reorder it for next day delivery.
  • Dear Prime Member,
    Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.As of 15 September 2022, the price of the monthly Prime membership will increase from £7.99 to £8.99, and the price of the annual Prime membership will increase from £79 to £95. The new price will apply to renewals starting 15 September 2022. You can view your next renewal date, manage, or cancel your membership by visiting your account.We continue to focus on making Prime even more valuable for members. This is the first time we have changed the price of Prime in the UK since 2014. During this time, we have significantly increased the number of products available with unlimited, fast Prime delivery; added and expanded ultra-fast fresh grocery delivery; and added more high-quality digital entertainment, including TV, movies, music, games, and books. Prime Video in particular has increased the number of TV series and movies on offer, including Amazon Originals, as well as live sports coverage, such as the Premier League and Autumn Nations Series. Sincerely,Your Amazon Prime Team
  • Dear Prime Member,

Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.

As of 15 September 2022, the price of the monthly Prime membership will increase from £7.99 to £8.99, and the price of the annual Prime membership will increase from £79 to £95. The new price will apply to renewals starting 15 September 2022. You can view your next renewal date, manage, or cancel your membership by visiting your account.

Sincerely,

Your Amazon Prime Team

Just read about this on BBC news and switched to their annual membership. Not ideal but saves money overall.
  • Derek1952 said:
    Ordered an D.V.D on prime and was told it would be next day.But dit not come untill a day later.Any one know if I can claim compensation
    You want your free shipping back ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• You can return it with the reason "arrived too late" and they will give you a refund. 

You'll have to send the DVD back of course though. 
  • I have had a lot of trouble with the Dart GB fulfilment centre when I ask for delivery to the lockers at Woolwich library.

Expected a delivery yesterday which they received it 03:54. It went out for delivery at 13.27.

The library closes at 19:30 on Mondays and it didn't even get close.

This isn't the first time this has happened. The fulfilment centre doesn't seem to understand that doors close on some of the premises with lockers.

Long chat with customer services who promise it will get there by 17:00 today. I'm not holding my breath.

Complaint has been registered with "the management" and £5 put on my account.
  • Derek1952 said:
    It's likely they will give you something. A free month of Prime etc. 

How much was the item worth that you purchased out of interest?
  • Prime prices going up.
    £8.99 a month for us
  • Amazon badger me to take up prime all the time.
    Trouble is they don’t make it explicit what the full panoply of the commitment is, and use their website, language, and practices to obfuscate.
    Amazon absolutely seems to love small print.

• edited July 2022
    On the whole I think Amazon Prime is a very decent service. The TV / Alexa aspect is I think good value and for me the free / next day delivery is an added bonus. 
    i agree, better value than netflix imo. At least you get free next day deliveries as well has a streaming service. Cheaper than what i pay netflix.
  • Derek1952 said:
    "Next day" is "a day later"
  • Sponsored links:

• Derek1952 said:
    gotta be worth at least a £Million for your inconvenience 
  • Huskaris said:
    You can return it with the reason "arrived too late" and they will give you a refund. 

That isn’t necessary the case, sometimes they will give you a credit and not want the goods back.
  • On the whole I think Amazon Prime is a very decent service. The TV / Alexa aspect is I think good value and for me the free / next day delivery is an added bonus. 
    TV, music, delivery of items on quick response.
  • bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Amazon badger me to take up prime all the time.
    Trouble is they don’t make it explicit what the full panoply of the commitment is, and use their website, language, and practices to obfuscate.

It's pretty simple, Seth - £8.99 a month or £95 for a year gets you Prime Video, Music, Books and free next day delivery on an increasing number of goods and free 2 hour grocery delivery - plus offers only available to Prime customers. Customer service is exceptional as well.

Not sure there's too much small print to worry about and you can cancel subscription at any time - not sure what the full panoply of commitment is!

£95 a year is outstanding value in my opinion.
    Fair enough.
    You explain it better than they do.
    I have a kindle, so on Prime all books are free after paying the subscription.
    I have no idea what Prime video or Prime music might entail, but I reckon I could download over £95 of free books in a year provided the entire library of books they have is available.
    Grocery delivery?
    Will they deliver from Lidl and Aldi?
  • Huskaris said:
    You can return it with the reason "arrived too late" and they will give you a refund. 

That isn’t necessary the case, sometimes they will give you a credit and not want the goods back.
    Depends on the item, they may not think returning a £5 dvd is worth the hassle. Also depends if it was actually purchased from amazon themselves or a 3rd party. 
  • seth plum said:
    bobmunro said:
    seth plum said:
    Amazon badger me to take up prime all the time.

It's pretty simple, Seth - £8.99 a month or £95 for a year gets you Prime Video, Music, Books and free next day delivery on an increasing number of goods and free 2 hour grocery delivery - plus offers only available to Prime customers. Customer service is exceptional as well.

Not sure there's too much small print to worry about and you can cancel subscription at any time - not sure what the full panoply of commitment is!

£95 a year is outstanding value in my opinion.
    Fair enough.
    You explain it better than they do.
    I have a kindle, so on Prime all books are free after paying the subscription.
    I have no idea what Prime video or Prime music might entail, but I reckon I could download over £95 of free books in a year provided the entire library of books they have is available.
    Grocery delivery?
    Will they deliver from Lidl and Aldi?
    No, you still have to buy the books. 
  • They’ve been getting a bit shoddy lately, with a number of items turning up over a week later instead of next day with Prime. I can understand why, as a few of these seem to be sourced from the EU, but I think they need to be better about saying what is and isn’t possible as next day. 
  • On the whole I think Amazon Prime is a very decent service. The TV / Alexa aspect is I think good value and for me the free / next day delivery is an added bonus. 
    Same here. On the very rare occasion they've made a mistake, it's been sorted quickly and easily. The range of programmes/films available on the TV service is vast. I don't really use Alexa but my wife and daughter use it all the time.
  • TelMc32 said:
    They’ve been getting a bit shoddy lately, with a number of items turning up over a week later instead of next day with Prime. I can understand why, as a few of these seem to be sourced from the EU, but I think they need to be better about saying what is and isn’t possible as next day. 
    Not every item you buy is "next day delivery" just because you are a prime member, if you look in the box on the right hand side before buying it will give you details of delivery.

Granted most are covered by Prime/next day but some are not so need to be aware.
  • edited July 2022
    my experience .. about 50% arrive next day, 50% the day after .. that's fine for me .. of course purchases from a3rd party will state an estimated arrival date, usually, in my experience, items arrive well before that estimated date .. i m o Prime is very good value and IF you can't find an unusual item in a shop, it will 99% of the time be available on Amazon ..   b t w I am NOT related to Jeff Bezos