Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fantasy Premier League

Anyone signed up for this yet? Who are the ‘must haves’? Anyone managed to fit in Salah and Haaland? Is Son overpriced? Trent? Views on Perisic?

Comments

• Perisic definitely worth a shout as a defender but might not play every week at his age.
  • Not thought about my team yet. Haaland is a tempting marquee player though
  • 64% have gone for Haaland and I'm a part of that 😁
  • I’ve managed to fit in Haaland, Kane, Salah and Havertz. 

All 4 of my subs are shite tho.
  • Trent a must have imo, Son is slightly overpriced and doesn't take pens so not sold on him. 
  • My most expensive defender is 5 mil. Used it all up in midfield and attack.
    Very bold if you're going without any of Trent, Robertson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, van Dijk, Chilwell, James or Perisic.
  • PSV Catford now starting to think about pre-season.

Not really sure who to go for yet, just done a placeholder so far. 

Last season seemed weird, two defenders ended up with more points than the highest scoring forward - had this happened before and i just missed it, or was this a new thing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Last season was a shambles for me.

As a side bet at work, I only selected England players, someone else had “Europe” and a 3rd had “rest of the world”. Thanks to Salah and Son it was never even close.

Will no doubt change the team 100 times before the season starts but I’ve got both Haaland and Salah at the moment.
    Very bold if you're going without any of Trent, Robertson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, van Dijk, Chilwell, James or Perisic.
    Give it a day and my team will completely change 😁
  • PSV Catford now starting to think about pre-season.

Not really sure who to go for yet, just done a placeholder so far. 

Last season seemed weird, two defenders ended up with more points than the highest scoring forward - had this happened before and i just missed it, or was this a new thing?
    With modern football, many of the best scoring threats are classed as Midfielders, while the assist kings are often defenders!
  • Perisic definitely worth a shout as a defender but might not play every week at his age.
    he played 48 times last season, 3,814 mins in total.  The fella is a machine. (10 goals, 9 assists for the important stats).
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Perisic definitely worth a shout as a defender but might not play every week at his age.
    he played 48 times last season, 3,814 mins in total.  The fella is a machine. (10 goals, 9 assists for the important stats).
    But played a lot less the year before under Conte. 
  • Conte does tend to switch his wingbacks more than any other player in his system.  I guess its a toss up between Perisic and Sessegnon.  Reguillion seems like he's on his way back to Spain as he was left at home for the pre-season tour to Korea.
  • I think I won the Charlton Life league last season. Looking forward to playing again 
  • As a matter of interest, what was your winning total and position? Just so we know what to aim for…
  • I literally changed my team about 5 times yesterday, just need to get the first few games out the way so we have a better idea. 

Currently think its between Haaland/Kane, Full backs are a bit of value even though they appear expensive. 

A few cheap ones out there to mix in but will we all end up with the same bargain? 

I look at my team thinking it looks good, then later i'll look and change a few players Help! 

Havertz has been a shoe in for me, although the Arsenal performance has made me doubt him, same with Sterling who could be a gem in between the premium and the medium players too so have to watch out for him, gone Son for now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not thinking about my team until next week, just in case Charlton sign Salah, De Bruyne and TAA.
  • I've raised this on another thread but the hidden gem is Harry Arter for £4.5m
    I imagine it's possible to create a "nil points" team by picking a squad full of players who will never play this season. Arter and Lyle Taylor, Rak-Sakyi who's valued at 4.5m
  • I've included Haaland, though Saturday's performance was slightly concerning!
  • I've included Haaland, though Saturday's performance was slightly concerning!
    I've swapped him for Nunez. He may not play 90 mins at first but he soon will and should prove a bargain at £9m imo. Also frees up cash for a goal-scoring midfield player.  

Havertz has been a shoe in for me, although the Arsenal performance has made me doubt him, same with Sterling who could be a gem in between the premium and the medium players too so have to watch out for him, gone Son for now 
    Interested to know why you think Havertz is a shoe in? Pretty underwhelming in his first 2 seasons, and i don't think has scored in pre-season.

Apart from Reece James i'd say the next best bet would be Mount as everything they do seems to go through him and Tuchel loves him. I originally had Chilwell but taken him out for now as he doesn't seem to be over his injury yet and hasn't played much in pre-season.
  • Currently got haarland and Jesus up top and Lyle on the bench 

Interested to know why you think Havertz is a shoe in? Pretty underwhelming in his first 2 seasons, and i don't think has scored in pre-season.

Apart from Reece James i'd say the next best bet would be Mount as everything they do seems to go through him and Tuchel loves him. I originally had Chilwell but taken him out for now as he doesn't seem to be over his injury yet and hasn't played much in pre-season.
    I just mean he stood out for the value, he will be the main striker for Chelsea, who i expected to do well this season. I have my doubts now though and tempting to move him out, but also don't want to do it and he starts well lol

So indecisive this season , i look at my team and think its decent and other times i am like what is this shit?!! 
  • I've gone big at the back, I think premium defenders still represent good value. I have Trent, Robertson, Cancelo and James (Dalot the other). 

Main question i'm asking myself is whether Saka is worth 8m as opposed to Martenelli who is 6m? 
  • I've gone big at the back, I think premium defenders still represent good value. I have Trent, Robertson, Cancelo and James (Dalot the other). 

Main question i'm asking myself is whether Saka is worth 8m as opposed to Martenelli who is 6m? 
    Saka is the 1st or 2nd name on the team sheet whereas Martenelli will be rotated IMO. Over the season I think Saka will score more points.
  • Gone Haaland, Jesus and Nunez up top.

Cucurella at the back for the Brighton price of £5m, when he'll be off to Chelsea (or Man C) soon.