Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phil Walker RIP - Funeral details p3

Was one of my favourite players when i first started going, still a young 67 ☹️
RIP

Comments

• Such a cultured left foot, and a major player in our 1980 promotion season. RIP Phil.
  • Sad news and a good player RIP
  • How sad - lovely player to watch when on form

RIP thanks for the memories

@Ollywozere one for the Club to comment on hopefully 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Such a cultured left foot, and a major player in our 1980 promotion season. RIP Phil.
    That was my first full season.
  • That is so sad. 

RIP Phil
  • RIP, taken too soon
  • Lovely player. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Same age as me.
    Taken far too young 
    Thanks for the memories and RIP 
  • RIP Phil.
    Fantastic player for both ourselves and Millwall.
    Remember him and Trevor Lee tearing it up down the Den.
    Was at The Valley v Wrexham when Joey Jones effectively ended his career with a knee high challenge, all went off with Killer right in the middle of it. Spoke to Halesie about it some time later and he told me an unrepeatable story what went on with Dia Davis their keeper.
    Scored some great goals remember one against Cambridge which he hit from about 25 yards hit the bar and rebounded off the keeper Malcolm Webster, also away at Preston amongst others.
    Great memories of a very good footballer who left us far to young.

• Very sad news indeed. I enjoyed watching him play and, unless I'm mistaken, he was quite a joker too. I'm sure I recall an interview quoted in a match day program where his stated choice of reading material raised a few eyebrows, but was very funny. 

Taken far too young. RIP Phil.
  • Very sad, way too young. RIP Phil.
  • May he RIP ♥️
  • RIP Phil.
  • His best game was away to Leicester at Filbert Street. He bossed the game which we won 2-1, and was one of my favourite players of the time. May he rest in peace.
  • Phil was a club record signing when bought from Millwall in July 1979 for £120,000.

He went on to make 102 League & Cup appearances with 17 goals scored between 1979/1980 – 1982/1983 and was part of the Third Division promotion squad in season 1980/1981. 
  • RIP Phil.
  • RIP one of my favourite players back in the day...
  • Sponsored links:

• His best game was away to Leicester at Filbert Street. He bossed the game which we won 2-1, and was one of my favourite players of the time. May he rest in peace.
    Yes I remember that game, bright & sunny IIRC.
  • Sad news. RIP. 
  • Sad news. RIP Phil you bring back happy memories of that 81 promotion side
  • Very enjoyable player to watch RIP
  • A lovely little player was Phil. T’was a bit of a surprise when we signed him from Millwall. RIP 
  • Didn't realise he was as old as 67. Still too young though. RIP.
  • edited July 2022
    One of the first players I looked for on the team sheet, with Killer.

• An attacking flair player always tried to make things happen. Remember him at Millwall and then us.  RIP  
  • So shocked and sad to hear this. My favourite player and I was so excited by his signing.
    He had a wonderful style and when he won the ball and started running at the opposition it was so exciting to watch.
    RIP Phil and condolences to your family