Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

I'm after 2/3 tickets for the final if anyone can help 🤝

Comments

• I'd hold off for a bit, I suspect a load will come back into the market if England don't make it. 

My final tickets aren't, just to manage expectations! 
  • Starts tonight with England v Austria.

England's form in the build up has been impressive and they now go into the tournament as favourites after previous favourites Spain were rocked by the withdrawal yesterday of their captain and current Ballon d'Or holder Alexia Putellas with an ACL injury.

Spain also suffered earlier this month after their leading scorer Jennifer Hermoso also withdrew with injury.

• Got this from UEFA site - article dated 1st July - ticket sales are phenomenal.  I'm really looking forward to it.

The half a million tickets already sold have been purchased from 99 countries, with 20% of ticket purchases coming from outside of host nation England. This includes the other 15 participating national associations and also ticket orders, for example, from North America, China and Australia, reflecting the global appeal of the competition.

The strongest demand so far has come from England, followed by the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, and France. There are 700,000 tickets available for the tournament in all.

Some 43% of all purchases have come from female fans, while 21% of ticket orders have been made for children under the age of 16.

Any tickets that become available, including for the knockout stage, will be released on the ticketing platform. Fans are encouraged to keep checking availability.  
  • We have a few big players. We have a few not so big ones but the same can be said for our rivals. I think it is going to be down to how our big players perform. Lauren Hemp could be star of the show for me.
  • Really have no interest the standard is shocking - but as always I hope England do well 
  • Really have no interest the standard is shocking - but as always I hope England do well 
    I watched the last friendly, some of the play was better than anything we managed last season. 
  • shine166 said:
    Really have no interest the standard is shocking - but as always I hope England do well 
    I watched the last friendly, some of the play was better than anything we managed last season. 
    League 1 football compared the best 11 players in the country…….
  • edited July 2022
    shine166 said:
    Really have no interest the standard is shocking - but as always I hope England do well 
    League 1 football compared the best 11 players in the country…….
    I'm saying it's better than lots of what I saw last season, not trying to start a row. 

Wether or not our international team would win league 1 just because they represent a country,  is a debate I don't have the energy for personally although id love to see women move over to mens leagues.

Dont forget you said the football is shit, not me.
    You're a Charlton fan mate, we live and breathe shocking football.
  • I’m likely to miss this now as I’ve agreed to have a mate over who is going through a split from her partner.
    Gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't even realise we're the hosts. Unless its just me but i haven't really seen much build up for this. 

• I'll watch or at least partially watch the England games, but way off the excitement of the men's tournaments. Something reflected in general with the low level of publicity and media interest.

Imagine if the men were kicking off a home Euros TONIGHT, the coverage would have been wall to wall.
  • I'll watch or at least partially watch the England games, but way off the excitement of the men's tournaments. Something reflected in general with the low level of publicity and media interest.

Imagine if the men were kicking off a home Euros TONIGHT, the coverage would have been wall to wall.
    Id like to think that us doing well in this, could help kick it on, a bit like Khan at the Olympics and then the following years for British Boxing. 
  • Got tickets for the four games at the Brentford stadium, some football to get us through a bit of the summer. The tickets were cheap to be honest which is the right approach, means some decent turnouts I suspect. 
  • Got tickets for the four games at the Brentford stadium, some football to get us through a bit of the summer. The tickets were cheap to be honest which is the right approach, means some decent turnouts I suspect. 
    The games at Brentford all sold out. I might have gone to a game there to tick off a new ground!
  • Looking forward to the first game tonight. I'd say there's been plenty of media coverage - more than for any previous women's sporting event. Taking my daughter to our third group game at Southampton a week on Friday
  • My last women's game was Charlton v Arsenal in the league cup final in 2005. We got beat. It was at Griffin Park which is why we went. 

You have no interest but come on a thread to say you have no interest ! 

The 5-1 win for England in the friendly against the European champions Netherlands was the best I have ever seen England play with the skill and passing.

• Sponsored links:

• Watching Woman's football isn't for everyone but the standard is high in the England team now. Hemp is so skilful, Mead is in great goal scoring form and Kelly could be the super sub with her skill from the wing now she has just got fit in time.
    Russo and Toone are the young players pushing White who also has England looking for the central striker's spot.

Walsh is a really good central midfielder who can pass to a high standard. Kirby can be brilliant but this tournament may be at the wrong time as she is still getting over fatigue but she said she is fine now so another one from the bench to influence the match. 

• Will be going to Germany vs Spain next Tuesday. Will be my first time at the new Brentford stadium. 
  • I see that New Zealand woman’s cricket team are pushing for same salary as the mens team.
    Very concerning I’d say.
    Forgive me for putting this on a thread not exactly appertaining to that, however a warning to any pro football club that has a woman’s team…..they could be heading for a shyte load of problems!
    Perhaps they need to think twice?
  • I’m likely to miss this now as I’ve agreed to have a mate over who is going through a split from her partner.
    Gutted.
    Leave her at yours and come round to ours. 
  • I see that New Zealand woman’s cricket team are pushing for same salary as the mens team.
    Very concerning I’d say.
    Forgive me for putting this on a thread not exactly appertaining to that, however a warning to any pro football club that has a woman’s team…..they could be heading for a shyte load of problems!
    They aren’t “pushing” for it, they’ve got it, just like the US women footballers who, if anything, should get more than the men. 
  • edited July 2022
    I see that New Zealand woman’s cricket team are pushing for same salary as the mens team.
    Very concerning I’d say.
    Probably is the wrong thread for this. Not sure who you mean should think twice? The clubs or  the women? 
    Anyway, if what you say is true then just on a business, entertainment and appeal point of view it would be like making the price of a McDonald's type burger the same as a tomahawk steak. 
    Very concerning I’d say.
    They aren’t “pushing” for it, they’ve got it, just like the US women footballers who, if anything, should get more than the men. 
    England women also get the same as the men for internationals - been that way for a couple of years.   
  • My last women's game was Charlton v Arsenal in the league cup final in 2005. We got beat. It was at Griffin Park which is why we went. 
    I was there too.
  • Its nice that tickets are so cheap - £50 is the most you'll pay for the Final, for example.

Be nice if the mens World Cup was to follow suit.
  • Looking forward to watching the games.

16 teams I believe which is a much better format.