Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2022

Begins next week.

No Russian or Belarusian participants allowed by the organisers so the ATP/WTA have removed world ranking points from the event.

Wild cards given to Stan Wawrinka on the men’s side and Serena Williams on the women’s side. 

Rafa Nadal also announced he is preparing to play this year after missing last year’s edition.

British men’s entrants: Cam Norrie (8 seed), Dan Evans (28 seed), Andy Murray, Liam Broady (WC), Jay Clarke (WC), Alastair Gray (WC), Paul Jubb (WC), Ryan Peniston (WC)

British women’s entrants: Emma Raducanu (10 seed), Heather Watson, Harriet Dart, Katie Boulter (WC), Jodie Burrage (WC), Sonay Kartal (WC), Yuriko Miyazaki (WC), Katie Swan (WC)

Comments

• Week after next, mate.
  • Week after next, mate.
    Oops! Well, come back in seven days. :-)
  • Not quite as many missing now as I thought there may be, given Serena Williams is playing and Nadal looking likely.

But there's still the World no 1&2 missing in the men's singles, Medvedev being Russian & Zverev injured, as well as Rublev (No 8), Federer, Thiem.... Berettini and Murray coming back slowly from injuries.

Then Sabalenka (No 5) in the women's, Osaka, maybe Raducanu.
  • Can’t see anything past Novak in the Mens… Halep is a decent price at 14’s in the Womens, she is always there abouts.! 
    The double gives you just over 26/1, that’s with SkyBet.!

• Johnnie Jackson will get them promoted :)

Seriously, Djokovic and Berrettini will be hard to beat in the Mens.
  • Begins next week.

No Russian or Belarusian participants allowed by the organisers so the ATP/WTA have removed world ranking points from the event.

Wild cards given to Stan Wawrinka on the men’s side and Serena Williams on the women’s side. 

Rafa Nadal also announced he is preparing to play this year after missing last year’s edition.

British men’s entrants: Cam Norrie (8 seed), Dan Evans (28 seed), Andy Murray, Liam Broady (WC), Jay Clarke (WC), Alastair Gray (WC), Paul Jubb (WC), Ryan Peniston (WC)
  • New balls please
  • Qualifying starts today (so let's call that as you being right Callum!), available on iplayer if anyone wants to watch - a bit of British interest although most who may have had a chance will have already been gone a Wild Card.
  • Begins next week.

British women’s entrants: Emma Raducanu (10 seed), Heather Watson, Harriet Dart, Katie Boulter (WC), Jodie Burrage (WC), Sonay Kartal (WC), Yuriko Miyazaki (WC), Katie Swan (WC)
    I'm surprised Jack Draper hasn't got a wild card unless his ranking is sufficiently high now for automatic entry.
  • edited June 2022
    LenGlover said:
    Begins next week.

I'm surprised Jack Draper hasn't got a wild card unless his ranking is sufficiently high now for automatic entry.

He just broke the top 100 seven days ago so yes, he's likely in without needing a wildcard. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought, i read last week that the Russian players can participate just they would have to have a neutral flag? or have i just imagined it or been click baited? 
  • I thought, i read last week that the Russian players can participate just they would have to have a neutral flag? or have i just imagined it or been click baited? 
    I don't think they can.

There's one Doubles player who has pulled a Rusedski and switched nationality to represent Georgia (I assume she had dual nationality before but represented Russia).
    I don't think they can.

There's one Doubles player who has pulled a Rusedski and switched nationality to represent Georgia (I assume she had dual nationality before but represented Russia).
    i thought i saw something essentially they play under no nationality , which i cant for the life of me remember as it popped up on my phone so could easily be click bait. 
  • Tough potential 2nd and 3rd rounds for Murray:

British number one Emma Raducanu has been drawn against Belgium's Alison van Uytvanck in the Wimbledon first round.

Two-time champion Andy Murray, who is trying to overcome an abdominal injury, faces Australia's James Duckworth.

Raducanu is set for her first Wimbledon since winning the US Open, but has seen her preparations hampered by a side injury in recent weeks.

The 19-year-old, who is seeded 10th, has won eight of the 19 matches she has played so far this season and experienced a string of minor injuries.

Raducanu could face another British player, wildcard Yuriko Miyazaki, in the second round, with Katie Swan also drawn in the same section.

American 19th seed Madison Keys is a potential third-round opponent.

Unseeded Murray, 35, avoided a seeded player in the first round and will meet Duckworth for a second time in his opening match at a major after beating him in the 2018 US Open.

He could face big-serving American John Isner in the second round, with Italian 10th seed Jannik Sinner - who faces Swiss wildcard Stan Wawrinka in a far-from-ideal opener - potentially waiting in round three.

• All the Brits in Round 1... mixed doubles draw available on Wednesday.

Men's singles:
    Andy Murray v James Duckworth
    Jay Clarke v Christian Harrison
    Cam Norrie v Pablo Andujar
    Ryan Peniston v Henri Laaksonen
    Zizou Bergs v Jack Draper
    Liam Broady v Lukas Klein
    Paul Jubb v Nick Kyrgios
    Jason Kubler v Dan Evans
    Alistair Gray v Jason Tseng

Women's singles:
    Sonay Kartal v Danka Kovinic
    Rebeka Masorova v Harriet Dart
    Clara Burel v Katie Boulter
    Marta Kostyuk v Katie Swan
    Caroline Garcia v Yuriko Miyazaki
    Alison Van Uytvanck v Emma Raducanu
    Tamara Korpatsch v Heather Watson
    Jodie Burrage v Lesia Tsurenko

Men's doubles:
    Ram/Salisbury v Altmaier/Taberner
    Broady/Clarke v Matos/Vega Hernandez
    Koolhof/Skupski v Bagnis/Schwartzman
    Gray/Peniston v Vliegen/Withrow
    Murray/Soares v Bonzi/Rinderknech
    Gonzalez/Molteni v Cash/Patten
    Peralta/Tabilo v O'Mara/Skupski
    Behar/Escobar v Fery/Gill
    Glasspool/Heliovaara v Gaston/Musetti

Women's doubles:
    Golubic/Osorio v Kartal/Miller
    Kanepi/Voracova v Barnett/Nicholls
    Grey/Miyazaki v Muhammad/Shibahara
    Paolini/Trevisan v Bains/Lumsden
    Bektas/Kucova v Dart/Watson
    Burrage/Silva v Hartono/Schuurs
    Kontaveit/Rogers v Heisen/Murray Sharan
  • Both Radacunu and Murray on centre court on day 1.

You suspect that it might be the only chance for that to happen this year...
    I don't think they can.

i thought i saw something essentially they play under no nationality , which i cant for the life of me remember as it popped up on my phone so could easily be click bait. 
    That's in LTA tournaments. Wimbledon have decided not to allow any Russian players. Because this decision is not in line with the LTA they have removed ranking points for the tournament this year

• edited June 2022
    Day one Brit interests…

Norrie v Andujar first on court no. 2 tomorrow, starting at 11am.

As mentioned above, Raducanu and Murray will each follow Djokovic on Centre Court. Djokovic starts at the slightly later time of 1:30pm.

On court no. 3, Heather Watson has the third scheduled match while Ryan Peniston has the fourth.

On court no. 18, Jodie Burrage is scheduled first, Jay Clarke third and Katie Swan fourth.

Lastly, Yuriko Miyazaki is scheduled second on court no. 17.
  • edited June 2022
    Day one Brit interests…

Norrie v Andujar first on court no. 2 tomorrow, starting at 11am.

As mentioned above, Raducanu and Murray will each follow Djokovic on Centre Court. Djokovic starts at the slightly later time of 1:30pm.

On court no. 3, Heather Watson has the third scheduled match while Ryan Peniston has the fourth.

On court no. 18, Jodie Burrage is scheduled first, Jay Clarke third and Katie Swan fourth.

Lastly, Yuriko Miyazaki is scheduled second on

I’m there tomorrow and keen to know who I will be seeing on Centre Court. I am assuming it will be Halep or Swiatek then Nadal or Berretini then a British girl (Dart)?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    He meant today, posted overnight.  Norrie is on Court 2 today.

As you say, tomorrow's order of play won't be announced until this afternoon/evening.

We're going tomorrow too but Court 1.

Suspect you may see Swiatek, Serena Williams, and Nadal if I had to guess.

• Are they in the who can pull the silliest face competion?
  • Callum, your posts are really good, but you're having a real nightmare with dates!
  • edited June 2022
    Rain delay already!

Norrie was looking very comfortable in the first couple of sets.
  • Chizz said:
    Callum, your posts are really good, but you're having a real nightmare with dates!
    Haha fair enough!

I contest that this time because being American based, everything I said about “tomorrow” was technically true. Sorry for any confusion. :-)
  • He meant today, posted overnight.  Norrie is on Court 2 today.

As you say, tomorrow's order of play won't be announced until this afternoon/evening.

Tomorrow's order of play

We've barely begun on day one of Wimbledon, but the order of play is already out for the show courts tomorrow.

Here it is so you can start planning your Tuesday.

Centre Court - from 13:30 BST

Iga Swiatek v Jana Fett

Francisco Cerundolo v Rafael Nadal

Serena Williams v Harmony Tan

Court One - from 13:00 BST

Matteo Berrettini v Cristian Garin

Karolina Muchova v Simona Halep

Alexander Ritschard v Stefanos Tsitsipas

• edited June 2022
    He meant today, posted overnight.  Norrie is on Court 2 today.

Tomorrow's order of play

We've barely begun on day one of Wimbledon, but the order of play is already out for the show courts tomorrow.

Here it is so you can start planning your Tuesday.

Centre Court - from 13:30 BST

Iga Swiatek v Jana Fett

Francisco Cerundolo v Rafael Nadal

Serena Williams v Harmony Tan

Court One - from 13:00 BST

Matteo Berrettini v Cristian Garin

Karolina Muchova v Simona Halep

Alexander Ritschard v Stefanos Tsitsipas

That’ll do me nicely, thank you very much. Best female in the game at the moment, the legend that is Rafa and a potential ‘goodbye’ to Serena. Looks dry too so can cram in a morning match on the outside courts before the main events on Centre Court. Looking forward to my day in SW19.

Also, anyone with Court 1 tickets has done well with Berretini, Halep and Tsitsipas on the menu.
  • Djokovic having a bit of a wobble... leads two sets to one but has a couple of break points to save here.
  • Survives three break points to make it 1-1 in the fourth set.
  • Djokovic breaks for a 3-2 lead... and Kwon was looking good up until that point.