Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Welcome and good luck, well done MS, now get back on your computer.😂
  • edited June 2022
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-lowdown-on-new-charlton-athletic-signing-eoghan-oconnell-the-first-addition-made-since-ben-garners-appointment/

Interesting comments from Joey Burton who mentions that O'Connell played in the centre of a back three for Rochdale.

So if we play like that next season we'd be looking at Lavelle on the right... O'Connell in the centre (Inniss as backup for them both), and then a newbie or even Elerewe on the left. 
  •  Nice to sign a player that is rated by the majority of their previous fan base.

Happy with that as our first.
  • Welcome Eoghan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Always good to get another teams skipper.
    Think him and Lavelle could be the partnership we've been looking for.
    Welcome.
    And both of them mid twenties means we hopefully either get a few years of a good partnership or at the least a bit of resale value. Both former captains too which is a bonus.
  • Gracie Fields would be proud that a Rochdale player has up graded. Welcome to Cafc and I trust you are as fit as a fiddle. 
  • edited June 2022
  • edited June 2022
    Welcome Eoghan!
    Yeah Yeah whatever... Can we have the Pearce vs O'Connell heatmaps now please? ;) 
  • Happy with this.

I had never heard of him until someone mentioned him on the rumours thread as someone who had good stats. So this is the black box in action.

Looks like he has a good pedigree at Celtic and has played in L1/2 for a couple of seasons.
  • Great signing by looks of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Always good to get another teams skipper.
    Think him and Lavelle could be the partnership we've been looking for.
    Welcome.
    Agree with this. Liked the look of Lavelle last year. This is a good signing and good to see we’re handing out longer contracts to players who should be at their peak. 
  • Welcome Eogham.  Look forward to seeing him play.  
  • Always good to get another team's captain and also a player of the year so to get a player who's achieved both sounds on paper an excellent signing when considering he was out of contract. Never heard of him but feeling positive vibes with him.
  • edited June 2022
    cfgs said:
    As a lazy football supporter I had never heard of him until about 20 minutes ago, welcome.  Looking forward to seeing what he can bring.
    This … Welcome to Charlton, Eoghan
  • I wonder if he knows Tony Watt....😉
  • Welcome Eoghan. Clearly decent on the ball which we need, and you can have a good defender playing well in a poor side, but the last 3 seasons at Rochdale have been pretty poor really

18th in L1
    relegation from L1 in a team which were very entertaining but also very porous
    18th in L2