Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL fixtures 2022/23 - 1st Game Accrington away

edited June 2022 in General Charlton
The fixtures are out at 9am (sharp) on Thursday (23 June).

When do you think we'll be playing Forest Green Rovers at home?

Also, no London derbies this season, so our closest rivals might be Wycombe.

Fuck me.  What have we become?  Can't wait.

Comments

• Why are people so negative when we’re in the shittiest footballing period in our 100 year league history , I just can’t work it out 🤷‍♂️
  • Why are people so negative when we’re in the shittiest footballing period in our 100 year league history , I just can’t work it out 🤷‍♂️
    I know, baffling isn't it. But I'm sure if we complain enough on a forum online it will make it all better. 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    The fixtures are out at 9am (sharp) on Thursday (23 June).

When do you think we'll be playing Forest Green Rovers at home?

Also, no London derbies this season, so our closest rivals might be Wycombe.

Fuck me.  What have we become?  Can't wait.
    Will they be delayed by the rail strike?
    These things go in cycles, we'll get back eventually (i hope). And it'll be all the more sweeter after going through an incredibly shit time.
  • thenewbie said:
    Why are people so negative when we’re in the shittiest footballing period in our 100 year league history , I just can’t work it out 🤷‍♂️
    I know, baffling isn't it. But I'm sure if we complain enough on a forum online it will make it all better. 
    Yep the positiveness will definitely push us to greater heights 
    These things go in cycles, we'll get back eventually (i hope). And it'll be all the more sweeter after going through an incredibly shit time.
    This cycle is taking the piss …. I started in 1976  …. 33 seasons and 1 of them in the 3rd tier and 12 in the top flight with not much between  palace and us and basically finishing above the scum most of the time ..
    Since then it’s been a disaster,  9 seasons in 14 in the third tier , palace light years above us and the scum regularly above us .
    that’s the reality and there’s been a lot of hope and positiveness over these years, SCP gave us some and Lee bowyer but wallop we’ve been butchered straight back down to the lowest levels in our history .
    Each to their own but not even a London derby this season , the footballing wilderness of wankness is all consuming .
    if we ever do come out of this footballing hell hole it will be great but for now to me I can completely understand why people are fucked off with it , each to their own but fake hope/positivity is just as annoying as miserable cnuts like me .
    Obviously i get your point, none of us are happy with how things are. But look at a club like Forest, in the top flight for years, champions of Europe twice, they've just spent 17 years outside the premier league. A club the size of Sheff Weds haven't been in the top flight since 2000.
  • edited June 2022
    The footballing equivalent of saying at least our candidate isn't Harold Shipman...  :D
  • I look for:

First game.
    Last game.
    Boxing day fixture.
    Easter and New Year cluster of fixtures.
    The game closest to my birthday.
    Which games are going to be grim up north midwinter midweek fixtures.
    Which team and by when we will have played them twice (the first one).
  • Sponsored links:

This cycle is taking the piss …. I started in 1976  …. 33 seasons and 1 of them in the 3rd tier and 12 in the top flight with not much between  palace and us and basically finishing above the scum most of the time ..
    Since then it’s been a disaster,  9 seasons in 14 in the third tier , palace light years above us and the scum regularly above us .
    that’s the reality and there’s been a lot of hope and positiveness over these years, SCP gave us some and Lee bowyer but wallop we’ve been butchered straight back down to the lowest levels in our history .
    Each to their own but not even a London derby this season , the footballing wilderness of wankness is all consuming .
    if we ever do come out of this footballing hell hole it will be great but for now to me I can completely understand why people are fucked off with it , each to their own but fake hope/positivity is just as annoying as miserable cnuts like me .
    Obviously i get your point, none of us are happy with how things are. But look at a club like Forest, in the top flight for years, champions of Europe twice, they've just spent 17 years outside the premier league. A club the size of Sheff Weds haven't been in the top flight since 2000.
    I know we're a minge of a club compared to them but Forest have had 3 seasons in the third tier , 7th,  4th and 2nd and their rivals are Derby and Notts County 
    Sheff Wed are on their third visit in 20 years to the third tier having been promoted after 1 & 2 seasons previously and finished 4th last year and their rivals are sheffield united 

this season being our 9th in 14 while palace are entering their tenth consecutively in the Prem , they haven't been in the third tier for 45 years! 
    Scum have had two seasons in the third tier in 12 and they are a proper pissy little club 
    This is by far the worse period in our history made all the more so by our neighbours superiority 

• seth plum said:
    I look for:

First game.
    Last game.
    Boxing day fixture.
    Local derbies -none
    Games with a bit of spice- Sheffield Wednesday for some
  • FGR away on a Saturday, early in the season would be nice. A new ground for most, in a nice part of the world.

Of course that means we'll play there on a Tuesday in February.
  • Would like a good away day first up. Morecambe in the sunshine would be decent, or somewhere like Lincoln/Crewe/Bristol Rovers
    I know we're a minge of a club compared to them but Forest have had 3 seasons in the third tier , 7th,  4th and 2nd and their rivals are Derby and Notts County 
    Sheff Wed are on their third visit in 20 years to the third tier having been promoted after 1 & 2 seasons previously and finished 4th last year and their rivals are sheffield united 

this season being our 9th in 14 while palace are entering their tenth consecutively in the Prem , they haven't been in the third tier for 45 years! 
    Scum have had two seasons in the third tier in 12 and they are a proper pissy little club 
    This is by far the worse period in our history made all the more so by our neighbours superiority 

You could also argue that Leicester are east midlands rivals for Forest. There was a lot of trouble between their fans when they met in the cup last year.

And Leeds are probably also seen as rivals by Sheff Weds as well. Even if not so much the other way round.
  • Croydon said:
    Would like a good away day first up. Morecambe in the sunshine would be decent, or somewhere like Lincoln/Crewe/Bristol Rovers
    Err Crewe got relegated.
  • iaitch said:
    Croydon said:
    Would like a good away day first up. Morecambe in the sunshine would be decent, or somewhere like Lincoln/Crewe/Bristol Rovers
    Err Crewe got relegated.
    Thinking ahead. 
  • iaitch said:
    Croydon said:
    Err Crewe got relegated.
    Shows how much I'd switched off last campaign! 
  • thenewbie said:
    Why are people so negative when we’re in the shittiest footballing period in our 100 year league history , I just can’t work it out 🤷‍♂️
    Yep the positiveness will definitely push us to greater heights 
    Yes!
    Keep it going Morts. 
    Moan and moan to your heart's content. Say it like it is. It is constructive because firstly it makes you feel better, and hopefully it wakes people up to how shit it is, and maybe then collectively something will be done about it. (Generally speaking).

It is what it is
    That's the way it goes
    Those the breaks
    C'est comme ça. - all those clichés are far worse than rightful moaning.
  • I work up north once a month now for a week so any northern midweek away games would do me 
  • Sponsored links:

• I work up north once a month now for a week so any northern midweek away games would do me 
    Similar reasoning, I'm hoping for Barnsley, Sheffield Wed midweek.
  • I have decided to call tomorrow 'Ron Dangerfield Day'.
  • seth plum said:
    I look for:

First game.
    Last game.
    Boxing day fixture.
    I look for the first game, last game and all the away games on a Saturday I might be able to get along to before they get moved to a midweek date or rail works get announced for that particular day
  • I would like Pompey away first game, decent away day, weather should be decent! 
  • Odds on the 1st game will be Derby 
  • I think the first home game for Forest Green Rovers will be Derby County.
    We are not a special fixture for newly promoted clubs, sadly we’re very much also rans, for that reason I predict Burton home or away to start.
  • Exeter Home followed by Barnsley away. 
  • Accrington away.