Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Birthday Macca

Paul McCartney is 80 years old tomorrow June 18th

Scouser council estate boy done well .. a musical genius in many genres, over many decades and it's very unlikely we will see another like him in our lifetimes.
A proper National Treasure

Happy Birthday Paul, and many more to come  :)

Comments

• Hear hear! 🎂🍾🎸🎼
  • His longevity is extraordinary, especially he's still creating new music and hasn't fossilised either
  • Peace and love 
  • Happy Birthday Paul.
  • I thought this was going to be about Charlton legend Alan McCormack - I was about to book a table at the OXO tower as well…
  • Great as he is (and @jimmymelrose has me to thank for getting him into The Beatles/ Sir Paul) I think its time he stopped touring. His voice has gone and many songs he needs his "band" to chip in with lyrics and his voice can't do it anymore. 
  • edited June 2022
    Great as he is (and @jimmymelrose has me to thank for getting him into The Beatles/ Sir Paul) I think its time he stopped touring. His voice has gone and many songs he needs his "band" to chip in with lyrics and his voice can't do it anymore. 

Behave, Sir Paul is a legend, and is headlining The Pyramid Stage Saturday at Glastonbury..he still has it.. B)
  • Great as he is (and @jimmymelrose has me to thank for getting him into The Beatles/ Sir Paul) I think its time he stopped touring. His voice has gone and many songs he needs his "band" to chip in with lyrics and his voice can't do it anymore. 
    If you think he should stop touring, stop going to his tours.  

But if he wants to carry on touring, he should.  And if he keeps filling out tens-of-thousand-seat venues, then there's probably enough people who think he should too.  
  • Sponsored links:

• McCartney said:
    It won't surprise anyone on here I'm a massive fan in fact I'd go as far to say he's the greatest living Englishman. Going through the 2nd book of his lyrics at the moment. 
    is that you Paul ? ..  :p
  • Happy Birthday Sir Paul.

The world would be a less sunnier place without your contributions.
  • In my youth if someone told me Paul McCartney would be headlining a major festival (Glastonbury) when he was 80 I would have fallen over laughing!  I don't think 80 is what it was....
  • McCartney said:
    It won't surprise anyone on here I'm a massive fan in fact I'd go as far to say he's the greatest living Englishman. Going through the 2nd book of his lyrics at the moment. 
    There was me thinking you were named after the former Sunderland defender George McCartney  ;)
  • Have been lucky to see him live a few times, a true great who was written and co-written some of the greatest ever tracks 
  • McCartney said:
    is that you Paul ? ..  :p
    👍
  • CafcWest said:
    In my youth if someone told me Paul McCartney would be headlining a major festival (Glastonbury) when he was 80 I would have fallen over laughing!  I don't think 80 is what it was....
    Is that not only the case for the rich who can keep a better diet and lead a healthier lifestyle with greater ease? I strongly doubt that many 80 year olds could tour like Paul (who struggles anyhow as golfie says), or that other much compared but vastly 😉inferior lot.