Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Repair Shop: Spoiler Alert

Soft background music with Rooks cawing and the distinctive call of a nearby Cirl Bunting on the wind.

NARRATOR

It’s another day at the Repair Shop and what well-worn but much-loved items are being brought in for the team today by owners looking to recapture long-lost memories by seeing their treasured items brought back to life?

First though the door this morning is Brian…..

JAY

Hi Brian, I’m Jay. What have you brought in for us today….a little bird tells me that it’s something a bit unusual, can you tell us what it is?

BRIAN

Hi Jay, yes, but I’m not sure you really are going to be able to do very much with this.

JAY

Come on Brian don’t be shy, we’ve tackled everything here in The Repair Shop, we’ll do the best we can.

BRIAN

Ok Jay, here it is. It’s Charlton Athletic Football Club.

JAY

Blimey, Brian, yes. I see what you mean. that is going to be a big job, can you tell us a bit more about it and what it means to you?

BRIAN

Well, Jay, as you can see, it’s been around for well over a hundred years and it has already had quite a bit of repair, the outside’s not too bad but the players keep getting worn out. You can get new ones but it's not the same and some we managed to get in from Belgium a few years ago nearly broke it completely. Then a Belgian lady thought it was a good idea to put a sofa down by the pitch – that was a low point. But the heart of the club is still there and it’s given enormous pleasure to me, my family, and thousands and thousands of other people over the years…….

JAY

Steve, come over here and take a look at this… carry on Brian….

BRIAN

Hi Steve, I’m Brian. I’m sorry, I’m starting to get a bit emotional, the club has been part of my life for over 50 years, ever since I was a kid, I’ve got some wonderful memories but we nearly lost it more than a few times. I’m glad it’s still around not just for me but for everyone like me.

JAY

So, Brian, What would you like us to do, and what would it mean to you?

BRIAN

Oh, it would mean everything to me, just to see it all working again properly Jay, and have something that's going to be there for the future.  A bit of TLC to start with, everyone with a smile on their face and maybe a few new players, could you do that?

JAY

Well, I don’t think this is a job for our Teddy Bear ladies, Steve, what do you think – you’re good at taking things apart and re-building them – can you do anything with this?

STEVE

Whew, that is a tough ask but I think I can Jay - and Brian, I don’t know if you noticed but look at this, someone has recently replaced the manager, that might not need any work on it at all.

JAY

There you are Brian, leave it with us and Steve can work his magic…….

To be continued………..join us next time in the Repair Shop when more ...........music fades...the song thrush attends to his anvil......life goes on......

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was going to be given to Thomas to repair and would turn into a sermon on the need to be grateful and get behind him.