Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Open Golf 2022

Starts Thursday. Being held at The Country Club at Brookline for the first time since 1988. Course looks particularly tough, with punishing rough and challenging greens.

Rory comes into it off the back of winning the Canadian Open at the weekend.

Who will win?

Comments

• Will as always be a tough test, with penal rough and lightening fast greens. Haven't backed the main favourites, although any of them could win. I like Will Zalatoris a lot, also done Lowry, Homa, Riley and Wise all ew. Looking forward to it, and will certainly be better than watching England tonight!
  • Don’t care Callum but you’re already my new favourite poster for not bumping some inappropriate titled thread like US Open 2016 :-) 
  • Hard to see beyond this year’s form guys Rory, Thomas, Scheffler and Smith. Zalatoris seems to have become a serial contender in the majors but has a flaky putter. Horschel a good outside bet if he turns up. Rahm seems to have fallen off the edge as has Hovland.  It would throw the cat among the pigeons if one of the LIV rebels won it although none of them are in any sort of form. Fitzpatrick blew the
    USPGA and won the US amateur on this course in 2013. Can’t see it though and he is too low in the betting for a punt. 
  • Rose is my sneaky long shot.
    Shot 60 last week in the final round.
    Course is set up for him.
  • supaclive said:
    Rose is my sneaky long shot.
    Shot 60 last week in the final round.
    Course is set up for him.
    Yeah looked too good at 80/1 to turn down and had a nibble at Dustin Johnson at 40/1 because of all the LIV stuff
  • Sounds like an iron players' course. 

I picked my usual middle odds types of Zalatoris, Berger, Im and Niemann.
  • Summink tells me it’s destiny for one of the LIV golfers to win it. Dustin at 40s looks a steal but as mentioned above, none of them look in particular great form. The cream always rises to the top in Majors so try and look passed form when picking your selections 👍🏻
  • If irons win it
    Morikawa
  • Summink tells me it’s destiny for one of the LIV golfers to win it. Dustin at 40s looks a steal but as mentioned above, none of them look in particular great form. The cream always rises to the top in Majors so try and look passed form when picking your selections 👍🏻
    95% of the LIV field played shite!  Unless you were South African!
  • Sponsored links:

• Love US courses that are tough as i love hearing them whine when they cant go round in 20 under par. Fancy Cameron Smith for this one.
  • Good Thursday for Rory although he’ll be kicking himself with the bogey on 18.
  • Good Thursday for Rory although he’ll be kicking himself with the bogey on 18.
    Especially as he was on the middle of the fairway. One of his "leak right" approaches to the green  
  • Rory having one of his rounds. Usually he saves it for Round 2 but this week he saved it for moving day.

And he's moving backwards quite nicely. 3 over after 6.

Whereas as Sheffler has just eagled the 8th to go 2 clear. 
  • And all change again!
  • What an eventful day. Rory being Rory, Morikawa crashing and burning after looking like he’d run away with it. The rise, fall and rise again of Sheffler. Zalatoris coming from nowhere. Fitzpatrick looking unusually cheery on a course he’s won on before. A good traditional US Open track. We can go back to watching wall to wall birdies next week. Good stuff and knocks that LIV second rate exhibition match into a cocked hat IMHO. Just wish we could lose the adverts. My actual money is on Rory but I fancy Zalatoris to break his major duck. 
  • Speith to make a day 4 charge. Amazing that Retief Goosens son was on -6 day 2. 
  • I’m on Zalatoris @Sillybilly sp believe me you can rule that one out!
  • So am I, and he must have a great chance, although I fancy Rahm to repeat. Bradley as the dark horse.
  • Rahm for me.
    I think a final pairing of Zalatoris and Fitzpatrick will be too nervous on final day.
  • Sponsored links:

• What an eventful day. Rory being Rory, Morikawa crashing and burning after looking like he’d run away with it. The rise, fall and rise again of Sheffler. Zalatoris coming from nowhere. Fitzpatrick looking unusually cheery on a course he’s won on before. A good traditional US Open track. We can go back to watching wall to wall birdies next week. Good stuff and knocks that LIV second rate exhibition match into a cocked hat IMHO. Just wish we could lose the adverts. My actual money is on Rory but I fancy Zalatoris to break his major duck. 
    I found the last hour of the coverage really strange. Hardly any action being shown & just more boring talk from Brad Faxon. It was as if the host broadcaster had gone off air or had taken  a break. Most odd.

My money is on Sheffler.
  • edited June 2022
    A brilliant three days so far, only nine players under par going into Sunday. If I had to choose now, I’d say Rahm. But I do think Bradley and Burns could be in the mix at some point later today as well…

Can’t see Fitzpatrick or Zalatoris having the bottle. Until they win one, it’ll always be the case for them both.
  • Gonna be a fantastic last day. Any one of about 20 players are in with a chance. Normally on tough courses on Sundays, experience prevails. I’m going for Rory 👍
  • AndyG said:
    Really surprised not many people fancy Fitzpatrick to win this one. Course winner, and seems to be playing with a calm attitude. 
    Thrown away good positions on hole 71 and 72 four times in the last 18 months. 

Never won in the US as a professional.

Never say never but Rahm for me as I said.
  • Fitzpatrick reminds me too much of Westwood, a grinder who scores well on hard courses but doesn't have that extra gear for majors. Fitzpatrick is a better putter though. 

There's been a few mm of rain overnight but it's still cold and windy
  • Would love Rory or Fitzpatrick to take it, and they both still can, and luck plays a big part in golf but I’d plump for Rahm
  • Looks like Scheffler is going to be tough to stop. 4 under already today, 6 under overall.
  • Scheffler on fire so far. Fitzpatrick hanging in there. Rory just can’t get it going. Birdies followed by bogies. 
  • Scheffler v Fitz

Fitz is playing superbly