Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weekends Away (UK only)

Stayed in Harrogate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Was working unfortunately, but what a nice Town. Stopped in the Old Swan Hotel and ate out in the Mynokos and Cardamom Black restaurants. Nice enough, give em both 7.5/10 

Nice architecture, the parks are lovely and it looks like it could be a good night out, with plenty if old pubs and modern bars etc. 

Comments

• Blakeney 
  • Great to hear as am going to Harrogate in September. Staying at Franklin Mount Boutique Guesthouse...looks good as does the area.
  • edited May 2022
    mendonca said:
    Great to hear as am going to Harrogate in September. Staying at Franklin Mount Boutique Guesthouse...looks good as does the area.
    I'm definitely going back for a holiday mate. My Mrs would love it, especially Betty's Tea Rooms
  • Always enjoyed going down to Hastings.
  • visitgreenwich is pushing Thamesmead.

Thamesmead - Visit Greenwich

Crossrail may bring in the riff raff, though, so Gravesend might be a better bet.

Visit Gravesend, Gravesham - Kent's Hidden Gem - Visit Gravesend
  • Broadstairs for me if staying south. If up North then Whitby.
    THIS x100

My mate runs a great bar called The Magnet in Broadstairs - great bar

My wife and I had a lovely week staying in Broadstairs Oct 2019 when our 2 dogs were only pups - one of my favourite holidays ever - lovely beaches and the town is so pretty with great places to eat and drink 
  • Gribbo said:
    Stayed in Harrogate on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Was working unfortunately, but what a nice Town. Stopped in the Old Swan Hotel and ate out in the Mynokos and Cardamom Black restaurants. Nice enough, give em both 7.5/10 

Nice architecture, the parks are lovely and it looks like it could be a good night out, with plenty if old pubs and modern bars etc. 
    I'm waiting until we are relegated next year, so can combine the sightseeing with a Charlton away game
  • Sponsored links:

• York is a lovely place, and i always love visiting Weymouth and surrounding areas.
  • I like Southwold.
    Nice but prefer Aldburgh down the road.

Winchester is great for a bit of history
  • edited May 2022
    shine166 said:
    Blakeney 
    Nearby Holkham is a beautiful place to visit.
    Fantastic beach and Holkham Hall is pretty stunning.

Victoria Inn is a lovely place to stay but not cheap.
  • Penge. 
    Oi 
    I lived in Penge till I was 11
  • Dave Rudd said:
    visitgreenwich is pushing Thamesmead.

Thamesmead - Visit Greenwich

Crossrail may bring in the riff raff, though, so Gravesend might be a better bet.

Visit Gravesend, Gravesham - Kent's Hidden Gem - Visit Gravesend
    Anyone? Nope me neither.
  • A number of our L1 opponents are in decent "weekend break" territory really. Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Exeter, Plymouth and presumably FGR in Stroud. Bristol has a lot to see also.

Would agree with the suggestions of Broadstairs, Southwold and Weymouth for nearby coastal resorts. 
  • Broadstairs for me if staying south. If up North then Whitby.
    THIS x100

My mate runs a great bar called The Magnet in Broadstairs - great bar

My wife and I had a lovely week staying in Broadstairs Oct 2019 when our 2 dogs were only pups - one of my favourite holidays ever - lovely beaches and the town is so pretty with great places to eat and drink 
    We always try and have a night or 2 down there each year - when we go this year, I’ll pay it a visit.
  • Isle of Purbeck/Corfe/Swanage are not too far - some great walking and beaches.
    Up north I like Durham and Tynemouth, but since Little Miss Idle finished at uni up there it's a hell of a drive for a weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• A number of our L1 opponents are in decent "weekend break" territory really. Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Exeter, Plymouth and presumably FGR in Stroud. Bristol has a lot to see also.

Would agree with the suggestions of Broadstairs, Southwold and Weymouth for nearby coastal resorts. 
    Gonna do the weekend in Lincoln next season.

• For a city break you can't really beat Bristol. So easy by train to get to, easily walkable, lots of history and some cracking restaurants and pubs.
  • clb74 said:
    A number of our L1 opponents are in decent "weekend break" territory really. Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Exeter, Plymouth and presumably FGR in Stroud. Bristol has a lot to see also.

Gonna do the weekend in Lincoln next season.

Was impressed with Lincoln when I was up there this season, next time maybe I should give myself more time to see the historical parts by skipping the match...
  • colthe3rd said:
    For a city break you can't really beat Bristol. So easy by train to get to, easily walkable, lots of history and some cracking restaurants and pubs.
    And if you stay there longer, Bath and Weston-super-mare are easy excursions
  • colthe3rd said:
    For a city break you can't really beat Bristol. So easy by train to get to, easily walkable, lots of history and some cracking restaurants and pubs.
    And if you stay there longer, Bath and Weston-super-mare are easy excursions
    Nobody goes to Weston-super-Mare unless you are seeing your dealer.

Bradford upon-Avon is worth a visit if in the area.
  • Norwich is smashing, Norfolk in general lovely. Chesterfield isn't a bad base, brilliant market on a Saturday and adjacent to so many lovely places 
  • clb74 said:
    Penge. 
    Oi 
    I lived in Penge till I was 11
    I see you couldn’t wait to get out. 
  • Did a tourist day at Cardiff recently, was really impressed, nice city, and could easily do a weekend there.

Weymouth has become a favourite for us in recent years.

Broadstairs is by far my ‘easily drive’ place but it’s always a day drive and home job. If anyone knows any good suggestions for a family friendly stay down that way, drop me an inbox please! 
    https://www.thefoxhunterpark.co.uk/

keep checking booking.com it's price varies. Still 20 mins form Broadstair but decent place