Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RETAINED LIST | Club trigger one-year extension on Forster-Caskey, Innis, Davison, Harness

edited May 2022 in General Charlton

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their current contracts:

• Chris Gunter

• Conor Washington

• Adam Matthews

• Ben Watson

• Pape Souare

• Stephen Henderson

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their loan deals:

• Akin Famewo

• Nile John

• Elliot Lee

• Jon Leko

• Juan Castillo

• Mason Burstow

The club would like to wish every player who is leaving the best of luck for the future and thank them for their efforts during their time with Charlton.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/627a6ccb2ae05/retained-list-club-trigger-one-year-extension-on-forster-caskey-contract

Comments

• There is the summer exodus of players that we were hoping for.

Sorry but disappointed that we've offered Inniss a new deal, certainly after his behaviour at Wimbledon with his fitness issues.
    Inniss is the new Pearce in the camp 
  • Surprised about Washington,  but did not score enough goals for a striker 
  • Ryan Inniss, Josh Davison and Nathan Harness have also had one-year extensions triggered.

Meanwhile, George Dobson, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Ashley Maynard-Brewer are set to enter the final year of their contracts and the club have an option to extend each of those contracts by a year at the end of the 2022/23 season.

Gallen added: “We have a group of players in place and our focus this summer is adding further quality to the squad.”

Jason Pearce has been offered a contract coaching in the club’s academy, while the club are in ongoing negotiations with the representatives of Ben Purrington about a potential new playing contract.

• Surprised about Washington,  but did not score enough goals for a striker 
    This 

presumably they want someone better to play with stockley/aneke

CW could play winger, but again I’d imagine they’ll be looking at more out and out players to fill that position 
  • Good to see Matthews gone.

Don’t agree with keeping Inniss. The fact that his community work gets mentioned so often shows his availability doesn’t justify a new contract.

I can still see Davison going, as with Fosu we might be hoping to get a small compensation fee for him.

Great to know Dobson as well as CBT and AMBA has an optional year which we can activate.

Commented on Washington on his thread - signs that we’ll move back to 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1?
  • clive said:

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their current contracts:

• Chris Gunter  fair enough

• Conor Washington IF THIS IS CHARLTON'S DOING THIS IS MADNESS AND WILL BE REGRETTED given the effort he put in even after our season was dead I doubt he's chosen to go elsewhere, but the absence of a manager can't be ignored

• Adam Matthews  better than him will cost a lot 

• Ben Watson  old news

• Pape Souare   old news

• Stephen Henderson  something's gone awry with SH, he's a lovely bloke and a decent keeper, strange one this

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their loan deals:

• Akin Famewo  thanks for what you tried to do and good luck wherever you end up

• Nile John  baffling 

• Elliot Lee  prefer he stayed to Gilbey, EL might need to revise his salary expectations

• Jon Leko   very disappointing spell

• Juan Castillo  baffling

• Mason Burstow  he'll be in limbo til Chelski's sitch is resolved

The club would like to wish every player who is leaving the best of luck for the future and thank them for their efforts during their time with Charlton.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/627a6ccb2ae05/retained-list-club-trigger-one-year-extension-on-forster-caskey-contract

Ryan Inniss, Josh Davison and Nathan Harness have also had one-year extensions triggered

Inniss only makes sense if he's really cheap - he's made of glass

Davison - with JFC this is probably the best news in this article - which shows the depths of the crud we're paddling in at the moment

Harness - one for the future

• Sponsored links:

• I'm disappointed to see Washington depart. That said - wonder if he's been offered superior terms elsewhere? We definitely need more firepower up top if he's off, the returning Davison isn't the most reliable backup for Stockley and Aneke .
  • Disappointed Washington is not staying.  Agree with the rest. Some rebuild hopefully 
  • Happy with JFC, I wonder how happy he is with it!
  • You wanted drastic overhaul, that’s what we’ve got, let’s see what happens now, I mean how can it get worse than last season?

Happy with JFC and Davison, yes even Davison I think the loan did him the world of good and he’s still young.

Innis surprised at, injury record is atrocious.

Mathews, not that fussed, he didn’t look interested most of the season.

Washington is the most surprising, he offers a reasonable amount of goals and would of been a good squad player but as I say, we asked for drastic changes and this is what it looks like.

I would of been more dissatisfied had we kept most of them and just added in small doses, now it’s clear we will sign many players.
  • well cannot believe we have extended Innis contract, nor am i happy with Davison and Foster-Caskey.
    So the new manger/coach is going to have little or no say over the squad.
  • Mentioned my feelings on Washington on the other thread.

Have to say I am worried about keeping Innis. We now have a player upfront, and in defence who are known to be break down easily, and are unable to offer consistent 90 minutes cover if needed.

Throw in JFC and his recent injury issues, and I do fear we are falling down the same rabbit hole.

Hopefully it’s a sign that we plan to get strength in depth. 
  • Wonder whats happening with the U23s in terms of being released - Surprised that Wassim Aoucharia wasnt mentioned in that list, whilst I believe that Johl Powell | Hady Ghandour | Billy French are also out of contract now?
  • Sponsored links:

• This doesnt mean we will keep the players like inniss and davison who have had contracts triggered simply means we will get a fee if anyone wants them

new manager may come in and still get rid of a good few more i reckon 
  • I think Washington is a loss. Resigning Innis seems a bit pointless considering he'll be out for half the season injured or suspended. But I doubt his wages are much so worth the risk 
  • This doesnt mean we will keep the players like inniss and davison who have had contracts triggered simply means we will get a fee if anyone wants them

We wont get a fee if Inniss moves on elsewhere as he's over 23-years of age.

No someone would have to bid and pay up if they want him now as he has a new one year contract triggered

You think someone will give a medical and then pay a fee for innis?!
    potentially If they see the player he can be and willing to take a risk not saying we would get alot but to sandgaard better than nothing perhaps a mid table or mayb even league 2 team dont see why not there is a very good player in there all be it crocked alot of the time
  • Said I don't think any can complain if they got let go after that season. Think Inniss is very lucky to be retained  and Washington unlucky to be let go, but the overall list is very good news. Inniss' community contribution may have played a part. Retaining Davison suggests he impressed enough at Swindon, hopefully we'll see a Parker-esque transformation (Scott, not Josh). 
  • Don’t really disagree with much of this. I would definitely have kept Jason Pearce for a year and got rid of DJ. 

No someone would have to bid and pay up if they want him now as he has a new one year contract triggered
    Oh sorry yeah I see what you mean - I thought you were saying that Inniss | Davison still had to accept those extensions, as am never 100% sure who the final call sits with... But going by the OS it does sound a club decision.
  • Ryan Innis is a surprising one. Just don’t see him playing enough to be a crucial member of our team.