Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our Biggest Rivals Poll (Top 5)

edited May 2022 in General Charlton
Seen as there’s not a lot happening I thought I’d get this going, this poll was run back in 2020 for all the PL clubs at the time and it produced some interesting takes:

So I was curious to see who ranked as our number 1 (between the obvious two) and also who people had as number 3,4 & 5.  By rival I assume it means who you dislike the most etc etc.

I’ll keep this thread open until the weekend and post the results then, so please reply in the following format and I’ll do the rest 👍🏻

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th

Comments

• 1st Millwall
    2nd Crystal Palace
    3rd Gillingham 
    4th Portsmouth 
    5th Sheffield Wednesday 
  • Millwall 
    Palace 
    Sheff wed 
    Spurs 
    Scotland 
  • Palace 
    Millwall
    Gillingham
    Sheff Wed
    West Ham

• Millwall 
    Palace 
    Gillingham 
    West Ham
    Portsmouth 
  • 1 Millwall
    2 C Palace
    3 Chelsea
    4 Gillingham
    5 Sheff W                      (In reality it's only 1&2 and just about 3) 
  • 1st  Palace
    2nd  Millwall
    3rd  SheffieldWednesday
    4th  portsmouth
    5th  Gillingham
  • Millwall
    Palace
    Chelsea
    Bolton (always seem to lose to them, when i go)
    Accrington Stanley (the amount of times, I've lost money on them🤬)
  • Millwall
    Palace
    Gillingham
    West Ham
    Chelsea
  • Sponsored links:

• 1st - Millwall
    2nd - Millwall
    3rd - Millwall
    4th - Palace
    5th - Gillingham
  • We are so bad, Palace can't even be bothered with us now...
  • Brighton and Palace both with Man U as one of their main rivals?! 
  • Millwall
    Palace
    Spurs 
    Chelsea
    Sheffield Wednesday
  • South Norwood Diving Academy
    Spanners
    Chelsea
    Gills
    Massives

I get that Chelsea aren't really our rivals but I really hate all that they stand for. 
  • Surprising that both Manchester clubs have Liverpool as their main rivals and not each other.
  • 1: Millwall
    2: Stripey Nigels
    3: Kent Pikeys
    4: Sheffield Wednesday 
    5: West Ham

• Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    The Watford:Palace rivalry is a match made in loser heaven.
    Two teams on the edge of London, one solid in their identity as being from Hertfordshire: the other having the worst identity crisis in English football. After the M23 Derby (let's call it what it really is - The Surrey-Sussex Derby) this could be the M25 Derby
  • edited May 2022
    Millwall
    Palace 
    Southampton 
    Ipswich 
    Gillingham

Edit. About 20yrs ago I would have had spurs on this list, but it's been a while! I really dislike Southampton and Ipswich, so they're "rivals" to me lol. Gillingham are a "new entry" as I never gave a toss abt them until recent years.
  • Brighton and Palace both with Man U as one of their main rivals?! 
    Palace I get cos of the needle over Cantona - they had a fan killed by Man U fans and I've known some of them get really annoyed that everyone loves King Eric and his kung fu antifascism*. I don't understand Brighton's with United. 

* When I say everyone I'm sure someone will be along to deride antifascism as being A BAD THING shortly
  • I'm guessing Brighton and Man Utd is from the 1983 FA Cup Final that went to a replay in the days when the FA Cup was massive
  • It's "seeing as" not "seen as". Thought you'd like to know  ;)

Palace
    Millwall
    Bar these
  • Ordnance FC
    RASC
    RHA
    Charlton Albion
  • edited May 2022
    Millwall
    Palace
    West Ham
    Gillingham
    wimbledon
  • edited May 2022
    I honestly only consider Millwall as rivals all the time. Others come and go depending on the attitude of the fans, or the performance of the team (i.e. Brentford were on my shit list for trying against us and then capitulating to Barnsley when we got relegated). Man City and Sheff Weds when we won Championships ahead of them and they though they had, that kind of thing. Daft and illogical I know...