Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum Moinutes

edited May 2009 in General Charlton
Hi

Am i being a bit oversensitive at writing to the Club via email today to register my dismay at the poor standard of the minutes for the fans forum. They look really poor and dodgy and I cannot believe these are the final version. It hardly gives the impression that this is a Forum that the Club values!!

Check out the OS to have a look yourselves

Cheers

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: milne[/cite]Hi

Am i being a bit oversensitive at writing to the Club via email today to register my dismay at the poor standard of the minutes for the fans forum. They look really poor and dodgy and I cannot believe these are the final version. It hardly gives the impression that this is a Forum that the Club values!!

Check out the OS to have a look yourselves

Cheers

agree totally, very amateurish but I don't I'd bother to email and complain.
  • I can't believe someone hasn't accepted the changes and then uploaded.

Maybe if SW had a PA she could have done it. :-(
  • Easy mistake. all you have to do is click on the drop down menu in word where it says "final showing mark up" to "final". thats all thats gone wrong.

hopefully milne you're just complaining about that and not suzi's minute taking.
  • in fact milne, just looking at your heading you can see how easy it is to make silly mistakes?
  • WSSWSS
    edited May 2009
    I don't think he is B.

Does look a bit shoddy not being check before being uploaded though. It'll get changed quickly though i'm sure. Not worth a complaint but maybe just a "For your attention, it might be worth someone checking the minutes document on the website"
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]in fact milne, just looking at your heading you can see how easy it is to make silly mistakes?
    Lol!
  • Will be sorted shortly!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]in fact milne, just looking at your heading you can see how easy it is to make silly mistakes?

touche
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I don't think he is B.

Does look a bit shoddy not being check before being uploaded though. It'll get changed quickly though i'm sure. Not worth a complaint but maybe just a "For your attention, it might be worth someone checking the minutes document on the website"
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]in fact milne, just looking at your heading you can see how easy it is to make silly mistakes?
    Lol!

or even checked :-)
  • See all sorted - no need to be so dismayed.
  • Im not moaning bout anyones minutes I am just surprised that this is released on the os in this format. That all. We surely need to give a positive impression that CAFC are listening to Supporters etc. My observations are in relation to the Club and NOT individuals. This can be a very very cliquey and picky forum fellow members
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's more that you are complaining about something with mistakes while littering your own post with mistakes. In addition it was fixed pretty sharpish. Mistakes happen, and it's hardly a big one is it?
  • What are minutes exactly? (apart from 60 of them make an hour and all that)
  • [cite]Posted By: milne[/cite]Im not moaning bout anyones minutes I am just surprised that this is released on the os in this format. That all. We surely need to give a positive impression that CAFC are listening to Supporters etc. My observations are in relation to the Club and NOT individuals. This can be a very very cliquey and picky forum fellow members

I think it was just a mistake as its uploaded externally it wasn't picked up. Lots of people don't know how to show "final" version so it shows some changes.

I don't think it gives a negative impression that cafc aren't listening to supporters because the minutes were posted wrongly? they're posted correctly on various other sites where supporters can view them. In fact, because you pointed it out, it will be changed as soon as possible via the external link - so thats the club listening isn't it? I think its helpful that you thought to email the club to point out the mistake, you did ask us if you were being oversensitive though, so I think people were just answering your question.
  • you are overly senstive milne.
  • Is it like short hand?
  • The written notes of what was discussed at meetings... if you are being serious.
  • Yeah curb_it im serious, we dont all work in offices ;-)

So its just like a quick recap or notes of what was said with out every word being written down, yeah? but called minutes..........

Dont worry i'll go back to building things on monday.
  • shorthand is a different kinda thing. Its a written form of notation which uses symbols to abbreviate words in order for something to be noted down verbatim or just quickly.

A bit like a stenographer in court has their own language/typewriter

minutes arent usually verbatim, just the main points of the meeting to be noted and agreed.
  • does the minuter have to wear a natty bow tie like the bloke in the Vicar of Dibley ??
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Yeah curb_it im serious, we dont all work in offices ;-)

So its just like a quick recap or notes of what was said with out every word being written down, yeah? but called minutes..........

Dont worry i'll go back to building things on monday.

yes exactly. you might survive in an office...
  • Sponsored links:

• Depends what type of meetings these minuets are for. Project meetings they can form part of the project files and be subjest to a retension period, therefore if statements are made within these that can be binding from the legal point of view. It is usual to send draft mins out for review and then send the full minuets out pre the next meeting .
  • See i always thought minutes was the women sitting in court with the small type writer thing, but now i know the lot.
    Shorthand
    Stenographer (especially happy with that one)
    and Minutes

Cheers suz & curb_it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Depends what type of meetings these minuets are for. Project meetings they can form part of the project files and be subjest to a retension period, therefore if statements are made within these that can be binding from the legal point of view. It is usual to send draft mins out for review and then send the full minuets out pre the next meeting .

Now who's taking the piss, ;-)

Like i said, ive worked on building sites all me life and realised though ive heard of minutes, i didn't know exactly what was ment by it, but now i do thanks to the girls, but not gh, he's just messing with my head :-)

Bloody office bods get a proper job!?