Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VOTV - RIP

Perhaps the most influential publication in the history of our club. I did a stint selling it once at Selhurst, and have bought and read every copy.

It will be sadly missed...

Comments

• Next Voice - September
  • Next Voice - September
    the last one
  • I had stacks of these but several moves and relocations and they are gone.

Absolute champion of its genre, pre social meedya blogging.

Congrats to you all.
  • Next Voice - September
    the last one
    Thanks. Only just got to page 27.
  • As an aside, if anyone has an old copy of local pub reviews in votv from circa 94 onwards, would gladly buy it from you 
  • DA9 said:
    As an aside, if anyone has an old copy of local pub reviews in votv from circa 94 onwards, would gladly buy it from you 
    Just invest in Bitcoin like everyone else.
  • Great read when on the toilet. Could pick it up and read an article or two depending on type of bowel movement. Only disappointing thing was the letters page going.

RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great read when on the toilet. Could pick it up and read an article or two depending on type of bowel movement. Only disappointing thing was the letters page going RIP 
    Not when you were wiping, surely ;)

• Done deal

i jest. 
  • I haven't always agreed with Airman (I have most of the time) but my respect for what he achieved with VOTV as well as many other things CAFC has always been 100%. I look forward to reading the book!

Thanks, Rick  
  • Just received my copy and read the news  Indeed the end of an era.
  • Went downhill after the 5th Column went obviously but Echos across the Valley is and was always essential reading and some great campaigning articles during the protest eras.

My Only Desire is good but not a news and gossip fanzine, which are the bits of VOTV I enjoyed most, more, unlikely as it might seem, than the historical articles which came to fill many of the pages in recent years.
  • Sorry to hear this. An absolutely integral part of our history and a shining example of what can be achieved by a well informed and motivated supporters group. 

Thanks for all those efforts from all involved but of course especially @Airman Brown
  • edited April 2022
    Such a brilliant fanzine. Was my lifeline when we were fighting to get back home... Always gave me hope and rallied the troops! MOD is the fantastic new kid on the block and now will have to be our only fix! And unlike today's social media that's at your fingertips,  remember rushing to buy it in the shop at Embassy Court Welling (was that it's name?)
  • Very sad to hear this, I'll miss reading it, and there'll be something missing on matchdays without Rick and co selling it on my walk along Floyd Road. 

Glad to hear that there will still be occasional new content on the VOTV website.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be a great loss … always been an essential part of my Charlton reading. 

Rick, thanks for all your significant work over the years … look forward to revitalisation in a couple of years with a few VOTV specials  ;)
  • Sad to hear this, but can understand that things run their course. Thanks Airman for committing to it over the years and all the best with the new projects.
  • That Sunday evening radio slot on Charlton  on radio Kent (?) and VOTV were great lifelines for us in the early dark days (as opposed to the 2006-2020 dark days) Rick's content was always very well researched and interesting. While I didn't find the leftist stuff necessary, I could see the sincerity in what he was trying to convey in VOTV. 
    Leading through Sportspages in Charing X Road for years ~ I never found a fanzine that could touch VOTV. Perhaps I'm a bit biased!! 

Thank you Rick for a brilliant piece of work over many many years of faithful service to the club. Hugely appreciated. 
    RTM/Millennium 
  • Thanks for all your efforts Rick 

And I look forward to you hurriedly bringing it back when Thomas proposes changing our name to the Greenwich Millenniums, our colours to blue and our nickname to the Falcons!
  • All the previous Voice Of The Valley front covers can be found here - Voice Of The Valley | Flickr
  • I’m obviously out of the loop but why is it stopping?