Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 2nd April 2022

Comments

• 0-2 Scully
  • Game over
  • Swansea 3-0 up at Cardiff.

First time in 100 years that they do the double.

• 76' Goal Lincoln. Scully cuts in from the left and finds the top corner. #cafc 0 #imps 2
  • Other teams don't need 10 chances to score...

Strange.......
  • Jacko out for me. Going absolutely  nowhere under him
  • That's how you finish...
  • Sounds absolute toilet, so glad I deceided to swerve it today.
  • Glad I decided not to go after Valley Express was sold out. What a shambles of a season.
  • edited April 2022
    Can’t stop that shot, good finish.  You can stop the cut inside and the opportunity to shoot.  That’s the issue
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh look, another goal conceded down our right hand side. 

Lincolns coaching staff identity our weakness and manage to exploit it.

They also identify our strength in CBT and manage to handle that pretty well as well.

Our coaching staff continue to make the same mistakes and make us play the same unimaginative football.
  • So, a team going down to 10 men CAN score. 
  • Croydon said:
    Jacko out for me. Going absolutely  nowhere under him
    It's not his fault the players cannot finish sitters
  • Don’t deserve anything from this. Strikers nearly cost us points last week. Definitely have this week. Been chasing a game we should’ve been 2-0 up in. Always vulnerable to a goal like that when chasing like we have had to. Poor defending again though once Leko didn’t win the first ball. 
    1. 80'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Regan Poole.

• 80' Stockley goes for an overhead kick in a crowded box, but it's blocked. #cafc 0 #imps 2
  • Chunes said:
    Other teams don't need 10 chances to score...

Strange.......
    Although Lincoln have had 10 chances today .... but 'only' scored twice.

Charlton have had 12 chances, hit the bar, a few decent saves, a 'did it cross the line', couple of eye watering misses and a few pot shots.

• At least there was a sell out crowd. 
  • Wow, British Heart Foundation have some really cheap couches 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Other teams don't need 10 chances to score...

Strange.......
    Although Lincoln have had 10 chances today .... but 'only' scored twice.

Charlton have had 12 chances, hit the bar, a few decent saves, a 'did it cross the line', couple of eye watering misses and a few pot shots.

This reply makes no sense so forgive me if I don't reply to it in kind
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Wow, British Heart Foundation have some really cheap couches 
    Some of us on here need to go and have a lie down

• A second change for City.
     on Tom Hopper
    off Anthony Scully
  • Well it's been really nice to see JFC out there again. He's looked decent too. 
    1. 83'

Post update

Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Washington and Stockley have no/have lost their first touch ... it's cost us. CBT  Leko a liability, but good to see JFC back.

• 85' Off the line! Stockley's looping header is headed off the line. #cafc 0 #imps 2
  • Ball just isn’t going to go in today.
  • Brownie is such a miserable git it's hilarious "Headed off the line but it's an easy header off the line." 

• 86' SUB  George Dobson makes way for Elliot Lee. #cafc 0 #imps 2
  • Oh look, another goal conceded down our right hand side. 

Lincolns coaching staff identity our weakness and manage to exploit it.

They also identify our strength in CBT and manage to handle that pretty well as well.

Our coaching staff continue to make the same mistakes and make us play the same unimaginative football.
    Come mate be fair. One day the long ball up to Stockley will pay off and the 2 or 3 players marking him will allow him to trap the ball and gracefully break away to score 😂

Alas the plan B doesnt exist regardless of what happens as the games unfold
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!