Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | Saturday 2nd April 2022

Comments

• This match is a perfect example of why Jackson won’t take us anywhere next season.
    Not with this bunch he won't. 
    We need a total overhaul. 
    He won’t with anyone mate. Unless we stumble across a team like Bowyers promotion winning team (who barely just scraped through), he ain’t got the tactical ability. 

He will make us competitive enough, but how poor we are on the ball and have mainly been with JJ as manager is not going to change next year. 
  • Not going to win player of the year is he 😂
  • edited April 2022
    This match also illustrating why, whatever the stats say, there’s a lack of confidence that this front pair can take us where we want to be. Hold up play has been very poor and three chances within 12 yards of goals wasted. 
  • Earliest I’ve ever left a game. It’s just so tedious. 
  • edited April 2022
    Stockley has missed two open goals in two weeks. Bloke is a donkey. No class. Can't believe we've gone from Taylor to this
    1. 38'

Post update

Attempt missed. Morgan Whittaker (Lincoln City) left footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Anthony Scully.

• Gilbey is a wanker. Like he was trying to get himself a week off. Cunt.
    He’s getting more than a week off. JFC will probably start midweek and I don’t see Gilbey getting back into the side after that.
    1. 39'

Post update

Foul by Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic).

2. 39'

Post update

Liam Bridcutt (Lincoln City) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Chunes said:
    Stockley has missed two open goals in two weeks. Bloke is a donkey. No class. Can't believe we've gone from Taylor to this
    Not even a poor man's Kim Grant....

Actually, I really liked Kim Grant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    Gilbey is a wanker. Like he was trying to get himself a week off. Cunt.
    Wants to watch The Masters......starts Thursday.

Edit. Just realised we have a game Tues & its only 1 game suspension for 2 yellows. Expect to see him at Rotherham (where we will get battered)
  • ross1 said:

26' Gilbey booked for a pull-back on McGrandles. That's the Addicks' 100th yellow card of the campaign! 
    He only did it to please Jacko, "We're competitive". :smile:

• This match also illustrating why, whatever the stats say, there’s a lack of confidence that this front pair can take us where we want to be. Hold up play has been very poor and three chances within 12 yards of goals wasted. 
    Stockley is an absolute donkey at times
  • Chunes said:
    Not even a poor man's Kim Grant....

Actually, I really liked Kim Grant.
    Millwall in the snow means we all do
    1. 43'

Post update

Attempt missed. Brooke Norton-Cuffy (Lincoln City) right footed shot from the right side of the box.

• Fraser also hasn't impressed me at all since hoining
  • Absolute rubbish - Matthews goes running out and leaves Clare with 2 players that lead to the goal and Gilbey don’t have a brain cell ! 
  • edited April 2022
    We need to 3-5-1 it soon, pull Stockley, leave pace up front and match midfield otherwise we are gonna lose this 2 or 3

• Lincoln City FC 
    The fourth official adds a further 2 minutes onto the end of this first half.
  • Can't we win this one 2-1 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• HT 0-1
    Charlton don't do coming back to win with 10 men. 
  • Croydon said:
    Fraser also hasn't impressed me at all since hoining
    Also this.  People giving him major space while really slamming Lee.  Not sure what I am missing but Fraser hasn’t impressed me at all, 1 pace, no real touch, haven’t seen any passing quality - what am I missing?

• Mmmm, going well ain't it Jacko...
  • That 12th place dream seems a long way off, hurts so bad.
    Or, most of the time, with 11...
  • edited April 2022
    Can't we win this one 2-1 ?
    Or 11. 
  • Worrying thing is we are being outplayed by a team that is 18th in the league.

Can't defend Gilbey in any way. How can a player be so absolutely brain dead to do what he did. Its just unbelievable.

We are so far off a promotion challenging team it is frightening. 
  • It wasn't even, we've been crap. Lincoln have been in better positions and that Scully is finding loads of space in our RWB area (what a shock). They'll sit back now and be comfy for 45 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!